IliyaKrostin

Alex Sandro

Agree. The board should start acting or we are in trouble. We need 2 World Class WB, World Class Right midfielder and alternative DM for Kante/Baka and probably a third striker option.

24 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Agree. The board should start acting or we are in trouble. We need 2 World Class WB, World Class Right midfielder and alternative DM for Kante/Baka and probably a third striker option.

Have you done anything other than moan and whinge since joining this board, you want us to sign another 6 players? Get a grip.

How many has leave the club since winter? Can you count ?

And we was not in the CL.
But let me give you the numbers:
Ivanovic, Mikel, Oscar, Terry, Begovic, Ake, Chalobah, RLC, Zouma and most probably Matic and Costa. And even Solanke was in the squad last year.

That`s 11 players from the winter windows till now.

We get only Caballero, Rudiger, Bakayoko and Morata, but Bakayoko is injured. And probably Christensen and Baker will stay with the team.

The number is 6, can you count it to 11?

Do you want to post you a vido clip of last years final comment on Antonio about the size after the lose against Arsenal, how the team lacks quality and depth ?

Can you count? Cause we are 5 players down in a season, where our manager SAY we have very narrow SQUAD and play only PL football.

And now we will play in the CL, so we will need a lot more players. And yes WE NEED atleast 5 signing, and that is because WE sell a lot of players.

And the problem we need so many players so late, it`s the board. They should have handle our buisness much earlier.

We lose Lukaku, Walker, Danilo, Mendy, and almost 100% we won`t get Sandro.

We lack class huge time, and our targets is at best average players like Oxlade and Barkley ....

100% better to give 60m. on world class player, then give 70m. for 2 players that would never ever come that level.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Tbf it's blatantly obvious we are woefully short in numbers. Our squad as is simply won't cope with the season ahead 

An injury to Kante,Alonso or Moses in next week's Community Shield could seriously damage our seasons prospects. Little wonder Conte is asking for additions sooner rather than later.

14 minutes ago, charierre said:

An injury to Kante,Alonso or Moses in next week's Community Shield could seriously damage our seasons prospects. Little wonder Conte is asking for additions sooner rather than later.

Even with Moses and Alonso on current pre-season form may damage our current prospects.

21 minutes ago, evissy said:

We lose to Inter and this rumour surfaces. Coincidence. I think not emoji1.png

Fact he hasn't signed yet must mean we are at least negotiating in the background I'm not holding out for it but I wouldn't be that surprised if we landed him either. Let's hope so 

I think it all depends on whether Conte feels he can actually use players like Boga, Musonda, Baker and Pasilic. If he can we probably only need a signing or two. If he will only play them the same minutes he did Chalobah and RLC then 5-6 players sounds about right

31 minutes ago, Deino said:

Even with Moses and Alonso on current pre-season form may damage our current prospects.

They didn't become bad players overnight. They do  though require challenging for their starting positions to keep them sharp.

No chance, last year we didn`t have CL. It will be a huge blow, if we don`t sign atleast 4-5 more players. Pasilic is about to go on loan, so forget about him. Lewis Baker is CM, and we have ZERO Alternative to Kante/Bakayoko. We don`t have other DM in our squad.

And Boga and Musonda is far, far away for being even as ready as Chalobah and RLC. They are not even close to take a role in Chelsea.

charierre, not exactly right. They just could muscle 1 season on form, but when you lack class it`s shows and you can be constant for 2-3 season in a row for example.

A lot of players are like that, just look at Lecter ....

To be fair i expect huge form drop in some of our players, esp. Alonso and maybe Moses.

Edited by brakeit

wouldn't hold my breath on him using the youth as often as we would like. it's frustrating because when i see us linked to the likes of barkley and chamberlain, it makes you wonder why we don't put confidence in tomori or baker, etc. tomori said he's enjoying rwb and he started rb when he was young, so he can be moulded more so than a chamberlain who is more a rw. would azpilicueta at rwb be a travesty? frees up space for one of christensen or rudiger too.

Edited by enigma

3 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

I think it all depends on whether Conte feels he can actually use players like Boga, Musonda, Baker and Pasilic. If he can we probably only need a signing or two. If he will only play them the same minutes he did Chalobah and RLC then 5-6 players sounds about right

Even if he keeps them on there's no way he'll feel he'll be able to rely on them so their minutes will be severely restricted and we'll be relying on a very small core group of players. The season starts in 2 weeks and we are about 4 players short. With Bakayoko, Hazard and Pedro out today we were only able to put two established outfield players on the bench, Rudiger and Christensen. Premiership and CL games are no picnic and if we want to be competitive we need signings. Trouble is all the other clubs will know this so we lose a lot of leverage. I have to say I've been unimpressed with our window so far. We have a brilliant manager, one we know from history will walk if he's unhappy with the board. We also have the experience of Jose's last season to draw on where we didn't strengthen adequately. Last season Conte said we needed strengthening. Well it just hasn't happened, so far. Hopefully the board have something up their sleeve.

This has to be the weakest squad we have had under roman. The starting 11 is pretty good, then we have maybe 4 international players on the bench. The rest of the squad is made up of players yet to go out on loan. They aren't even the best prospects. 

If it meant the likes of baker or musonda will get an opportunity, then I would be okay with that stance, but like davey said, there is no chance conte will rely on them, we are more likely to play a square peg in a round hole, or change formation, rather than starting a young player in a meaningful game. If pedro and hazard aren't fit for the burnley game, will boga or musonda start, or will we see morata pushed out wide? I know what my money is on. 

It's not conte's fault, it's just the way things are at chelsea. 

We have a month to rectify it, I can understand holding out for Sandro, but there is no excuse for taking so long to bring squad players, as there is a much bigger pool of players to pick from that can come in and add depth. 

The weakest squad?

I remember having Ba, Torres and Eto as our forward options.

Hazard will come back, Bakayoko will come in and be a monster and we'll sign a couple of players. It'll be fine.

8 hours ago, wallosh said:

Why are you reading too much into this preseason games?

The season starts in 13 days and our first 7 games are Burnley, Everton, Leicester, Arsenal, Stoke and City.

Our pre-season was short and it's fine if we lost if we fielded youth teams but we didn't. We fielded close to our full strength team with our most important player unavailable for at least a month and our main formation has been sussed out by European teams. 

I have PTSD from the Mourinho season

4 hours ago, BleedChelseaBlue said:

How can we possibly sign 4 or 5 more players...its simply not feasible to sign 10 players in one summer 

Ask the board, cause they do this. They should have buy someone in the winter and not sell almost all of our alternative option. From winter till now, they sold 11 players and last year Conte said our squad is thin.
O my godness, what he will say now ?
Pretty sure he is far, far from happy.

I hope it`s not happen, but 1 injury on Kante for example and the season is over, before it starts.

Whatever you look it, we need atleast 5-6 guys.

2 hours ago, Deino said:

The season starts in 13 days and our first 7 games are Burnley, Everton, Leicester, Arsenal, Stoke and City.

Our pre-season was short and it's fine if we lost if we fielded youth teams but we didn't. We fielded close to our full strength team with our most important player unavailable for at least a month and our main formation has been sussed out by European teams. 

I have PTSD from the Mourinho season

The difference is in preseason Conte likes to run training sessions before matches which other teams don't necessarily do.

Conte is know for his teams having poor preseasons as a result so I wouldn't get to upset by it.