1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

On one hand yes teh player has a choice on the other hand the club can refuse to sell him to a rival like Man U if they want to direct him towards Juve, in the end the club owns the players services during the contracted term, if they don't want to sell him to Man U they wont no matter how badly he want's to go, that's a club decision not player, hence cech asked for permission to go to Arsenal. 

Makes sense. How do we know that Matic didn't do the same?

1 minute ago, doctorblue said:

More reports are saying that Juve want £70m not €70m...

Drachmas, pesos, dirhams, whatever they want just pay them, need to swallow the pride a bit on this one and allow ourselves to get taken a bit like every other PL club does, in the end you want to be competitive it's necessary, we got a good deal on Morata, we are actually in credit sold vs bought even before selling diego, all is well pay them. 

1 minute ago, MissouriBlue said:

But the reports stated that from the beginning though? That Matic was keen on joining Jose. I think Matic was willing to compromise due to the nature of the club

1 minute ago, MissouriBlue said:

He may well have, I'm sure he did, but my point is if we wanted to keep him as a bargaining chip for juve we could have directed him to that, he has to agree sure, but if we say we won't sell you  to a rival but we will sell you to juve, it's not like it's an awful club he wouldn't need his arm twisted once we take Man U off the table. 

1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

Drachmas, pesos, dirhams, whatever they want just pay them, need to swallow the pride a bit on this one and allow ourselves to get taken a bit like every other PL club does, in the end you want to be competitive it's necessary, we got a good deal on Morata, we are actually in credit sold vs bought even before selling diego, all is well pay them. 

Even if we don't want to pay that, we'll cave in eventually. Has been the case since Torres, Koulibaly, Stones etc. It has always been the case of the other club accepting it that late in the window 

If it's 70million pounds or euros I don't care.

pay them the money and just get it done. Strengthing the squad comes with a price the board need to accept that and just sign the guy.

we have money ffs spend it on world class players 

You've got to negotiate....

60m is a huge amount of money, so why not see if you can ask for a lower price and see if deadline day helps facilitate a deal.  We are a club trying to run as a self-sustaining business after all.  Or at least less reliant on our owner.  

5 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

You've got to negotiate....

60m is a huge amount of money, so why not see if you can ask for a lower price and see if deadline day helps facilitate a deal.  We are a club trying to run as a self-sustaining business after all.  Or at least less reliant on our owner.  

Agree, however for the last 2/3 seasons our negotiating has left a lot to be desired, and has appeared to antagonise other clubs.

9 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Agree, however for the last 2/3 seasons our negotiating has left a lot to be desired, and has appeared to antagonise other clubs.

True, but our evaluations have somewhat turned out to be true.  At least the two that I ca nthink of.  We weren't willing to pay huge sum for Stones, and guess what he isn't worth what city paid for him.  Same with Koulibaly.  We will see how Lukaku fairs and compare him to Morata this season...

I do get it though, Sandro is pretty much a can't miss player. I would love to have him and if I had the funds, I'd pay it.  But I certainly do not and understand why the club are conducting business the way they are.  Marcos was signed for what, 25m?  Is Sandro 35m better than Alonso?  That would be like saying for every league game, Sandro is 1m better than Alonso...