Alex Sandro

IliyaKrostin

On 2017-12-30 at 15:46, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

Haha I was saying that the other day, he is such a likable player it's a shame he is extraordinarily slow, have you seen him play in person, he is even slower, the tele makes him look faster :biggrin:

He just has a long loping stride.....he's efficient............but still slow:wink:

I'd prefer Bertrand to be honest.... Knows the Prem, not champions league registered and therefore available plus helps English quota and I'd hope fancies showing Stamford Bridge he's got more in him than his outstanding performance against Bayern. 

On 12/29/2017 at 21:41, Famous CFC said:

Just sign Ryan Bertrand as back up. Let me guess Sandro like Dybala has a high overall rating on FIFA. Let United sign him. 70 million for WB is ridiculous. Jesus. 

You don't actually watch football do you? Fifa has nothing to do with it, before this season Sandro was arguably the best LB/LWB in the world. 70m is f**k all in this market. 

The fact you have thrown Bertrand's name in there is also laughable. He'd be £35m+ for a 28 year old that is always injured and is more suited to full back than wingback. 

I don't get the whole fifa of football manager argument. Researchers watch more football than probably any of us in order to assign players as accurate ratings as possible, so there is obviously going to be correlation to having a good rating on fifa, and being a good player in real life.

Is it 100% accurate? no, but neither are the opinions of the best scouts in the world. 

There's nothing wrong with suggesting signings based on fifa, fm or even you tube. It's a fan forum at the end if the day. 

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You don't actually watch football do you? Fifa has nothing to do with it, before this season Sandro was arguably the best LB/LWB in the world. 70m is f**k all in this market. 

The fact you have thrown Bertrand's name in there is also laughable. He'd be £35m+ for a 28 year old that is always injured and is more suited to full back than wingback. 

Slow down there dear sir. Do I watch football, yes I do. Clearly not as much football as you, Mr. Football. Do I have an opinion? Yes. I Stand be my post. 

IMG_0038.GIF

Edited by Famous CFC

5 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

Slow down there dear sir. Do I watch football, yes I do. Clearly not as much football as you, Mr. Football. Do I have an opinion? Yes. I Stand be my post. 

IMG_0038.GIF

sh*te meme/gif. Try broadening your horizons and watch some different leagues. Might help you a bit.

On 12/29/2017 at 21:55, Famous CFC said:

Possible one the most ridiculous, clueless posts ever. Jesus Christ. Oh dear. 

Someone else had an opinion, look what you said to them. Or is it only your opinion that can't be questioned?

On 12/30/2017 at 06:03, Famous CFC said:

It would be like replacing Le Saux with Danny Granville. That's if you know who those two players are. 

This really did make me laugh. Trying to act high and mighty and belittle someone else insinuating they wouldn't know older players. 

Down a peg or two you need to go, duck.

Other leagues bore me to be perfectly honest. Seria A when it showed live games on channel 4 was ok due to some of the big players of Italian football been in their prime at the time. 

You really going down that route? Plenty of other posters on here react like that to me and others as I have clearly done there to that poster. It's a football forum. You were the one mouthing off asking me If I watch football and telling me my opinion on Bertrand is laughable. Think you need to slow down and relax a little. Anything else while I'm here? If you get offended by my views or opinions ignore me as I seem to have really upset. If you're not show about Danny Granville or Graeme Le Saux you can google them. Good day to you. 

Edited by Famous CFC

2 hours ago, big blue said:

I don't get the whole fifa of football manager argument. Researchers watch more football than probably any of us in order to assign players as accurate ratings as possible, so there is obviously going to be correlation to having a good rating on fifa, and being a good player in real life.

Is it 100% accurate? no, but neither are the opinions of the best scouts in the world. 

There's nothing wrong with suggesting signings based on fifa, fm or even you tube. It's a fan forum at the end if the day. 

I know people like to mock, but you can actually get a good idea off player qualities by playing fifa, even if you have never seen them play. Also when i play fifa using Chelsea/prem players, i feel 99% of the time it's an accurate representation of what they are like for real.

43 minutes ago, Argo said:

I know people like to mock, but you can actually get a good idea off player qualities by playing fifa, even if you have never seen them play. Also when i play fifa using Chelsea/prem players, i feel 99% of the time it's an accurate representation of what they are like for real.

Not getting at you, @Argo but therein lies a great deal of the problem with internet fan forums and the quality of comment that they generate.  A huge number of members in here and most other football forums never actually see the players in the flesh, or watch a game from the stands, but get a lot of their footballing knowledge from Sky/BT , the newspaper/news web site of their choice and football manager games on their PCs.

Play the games and also see the matches and you can form an informed opinion, which may or may not gel with what FIFA shows you.  Take away the immersive experience, and the end result is people with hard-line opinions based on those games and Sky pundits, and that leads to some of the nonsense we get posted in here, and idiots actually betting against their own team, based on their gaming experience and predictions.

But then, I still like a crack on DOOM II .

Edited by yorkleyblue
missed out a space and a comma.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

For me, FIFA should be the first intro to a player then you get to watching him play before forming an opinion.

FIFA gets a lot of attribute scores wrong too. 

I don't understand people suggesting that we sign Bertrand. Apart from him being ex-Chelsea and English, what would be the point? He's alreasy 28, decent, but not great, and isn't going to get any better. I believe we should target players that can take us to the next level. I don't know if Sando is that player, but I'm positive that Bertrand isn't.

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Not getting at you, @Argo but therein lies a great deal of the problem with internet fan forums and the quality of comment that they generate.  A huge number of members in here and most other football forums never actually see the players in the flesh, or watch a game from the stands, but get a lot of their footballing knowledge from Sky/BT , the newspaper/news web site of their choice and football manager games on their PCs.

Play the games and also see the matches and you can form an informed opinion, which may or may not gel with what FIFA shows you.  Take away the immersive experience, and the end result is people with hard-line opinions based on those games and Sky pundits, and that leads to some of the nonsense we get posted in here, and idiots actually betting against their own team, based on their gaming experience and predictions.

I've been to a number of Chelsea games home and away doesn't mean you have a better opinion than someone that doesn't go to games. Just an easy thing to say that is. Plus, in some situations fans can't get to games due to a number of reasons, points, location etc. Opinions will always spark debate, doesn't mean one guys comments are less meaningless than someone else's. 

Edited by Famous CFC

9 hours ago, big blue said:

Alonso is fast-ish on fifa...just saying 

6 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I agree if you think kante is good watch him in person...my goodness, you can't compare anything to watching live football it's totally different, plus watching what goes on off the ball and out of shot of the camera is half the game, if fifa was anything to go by just buy the fastest players and tell them to spin round in circles and you would win every game, not quite the same

15 hours ago, Deino said:

For me, FIFA should be the first intro to a player then you get to watching him play before forming an opinion.

FIFA gets a lot of attribute scores wrong too. 

The trouble with that is that you are not "watching him play", you are watching an algorithm making decisions in a simulation of what a group of programmers have defined is a way to simulate life.  So the opinion you are forming is about how those definitions appeal to you or otherwise, and an opinion on how well those programmers do their job, within the commercial remit of the company that employs them and the limitations of the technology.  In other words, FIFA has as much legitimate value in the real world of football as the monsters and BFG in DOOM have in my attempts to master distant planets and crumbling nuclear research facilities.

14 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

I've been to a number of Chelsea games home and away doesn't mean you have a better opinion than someone that doesn't go to games. Just an easy thing to say that is. Plus, in some situations fans can't get to games due to a number of reasons, points, location etc. Opinions will always spark debate, doesn't mean one guys comments are less meaningless than someone else's. 

You need to read what I said.  It's not about better or worse opinions, it's about more accurate and comprehensive opinions.  @ScrubsLaneCFC said above "you can't compare anything to watching live football it's totally different, plus watching what goes on off the ball and out of shot of the camera is half the game", and that is part of the case.   I've had this discussion before with some muppet, and I'm not denigrating those who cannot get to matches, but you have to accept that sitting in the stands you actually see much much more of the game and all its intricacies than you do in the small letter-box view that the Sky or BT director chooses to show you, and that gives you a fuller insight into the whole experience.  If all you have is Jamie 'kin Redknapp, The Daily Mail, and FIFA, then your opinions can only be based on what they tell you.

Therefore, I will disagree with your last point.  Someone who attends matches regularly has a more valid opinion than someone who has never been to a match.

18 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Don't get me wrong i have never actually formed a final opinion on a player based on what i discover on the game, but it can be a gateway to introducing you to a few players you wouldn't else have come across. For example i started watching Las Palmas and Nice games last season after discovering Mauricio Lemos and Vincenzo Koziello and after doing so, with the risk of looking silly in a few years time i am convinced both will make it at a big club, it's looking like Barca for the former and unfortunately i think the latter will end up at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Stupid isnt it....especially as PES is obviously better anyway.....

All rubbish.

Football games ended after Championship Manager 01/02!!!

:p

(Those manager games were a good way to find about about players. I would trust their attribute ratings to be quite accurate... And the amount of people working on them globally... They are in the know when it comes to a lot of the young up and coming talents.)

Edited by Sun zhi