The Unpopular Football opinion thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Are there any Football related opinions you have that could be deemed unpopular by either the masses or even just on here?

I will start:

- I don't think it was a mistake to get rid of KDB or Lukaku. Reasons been we got good money for them. KDB hasn't exactly set the world a light at Man City and Lukaku has developed into a better player than he would have sat on the bench for us.

- I still don't believe Ryan Bertrand is good enough for us. Sure he looks a solid LB at Southampton but I'm not sure he would handle it playing consistently for a top 4 team.

- I don't and won't hate Mourinho. I find the Mourinho thread in here damn pathetic tbh. People are obsessed with him. Everything he says or does certain people jump on. It's really sad and actually shows many of them are hurt that he now managers a rival team. Now don't get me wrong the man himself I lost respect for a long time a go but I don't see the benefits in jumping on everything he does or says. Oh and he loves his current team he's managing, so f**king what? Any manager loves there team and wants to be successful. 

I think Eden deserves the 'magic hat' song over Cesc, he has played some of the best stuff i have ever seen in a Blue shirt (this season). No offence to Cesc.

"Eden Hazard's magic, he wears a magic hat....."

Yes i just sang it,....his name fits.

3 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Are there any Football related opinions you have that could be deemed unpopular by either the masses or even just on here?

I will start:

- I don't think it was a mistake to get rid of KDB or Lukaku. Reasons been we got good money for them. KDB hasn't exactly set the world a light at Man City and Lukaku has developed into a better player than he would have sat on the bench for us.

- I still don't believe Ryan Bertrand is good enough for us. Sure he looks a solid LB at Southampton but I'm not sure he would handle it playing consistently for a top 4 team.

- I don't and won't hate Mourinho. I find the Mourinho thread in here damn pathetic tbh. People are obsessed with him. Everything he says or does certain people jump on. It's really sad and actually shows many of them are hurt that he now managers a rival team. Now don't get me wrong the man himself I lost respect for a long time a go but I don't see the benefits in jumping on everything he does or says. Oh and he loves his current team he's managing, so f**king what? Any manager loves there team and wants to be successful. 

I genuinely don't care about Mou, that is, current Mou. I'll always care about what he did for the club in the past but I can tune out all of the circus that surrounds him at the #biggestclubintheworld.

Opinion: singing 'we hate Tottenham' during The Liquidator ruins it.

Edited by Charles Ryder

4 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

I genuinely don't care about Mou, that is, current Mou. I'll always care about what he did for the club in the past but I can tune out all of the circus that surrounds him at the #biggestclubintheworld.

Opinion: singing 'we hate Tottenham' during The Liquidator ruins it.

I agree with you.

Is this in reference to football in general or just Chelsea?

- Hazard is the most talented player to wear the Chelsea shirt.

- Lallana is better than Coutinho and much more important for Liverpool

- Chelsea would have won the league at some point in the last decade even without Roman's money. (unpopular amongst other fans)

35 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

Bale, Neymar and Sanchez are a level below Hazard 

Kante is ridiculously overrated

:laugh2:

the one thread you get to be controversial, and you blow it 

I agree with all your points Bobby bar the last one, as much as Jose will always be a massive part of our history i don't feel he is getting it harshly right now. What has to be remembered is as a fanbase we gave Jose everything, even cheered his name while he was doing the worst job of a manager in PL if not English football history and he repays us by acting in a serially bitter way. Lampard and Cech got cheered to the rafters when they returned with a rival, it takes a lot for Chelsea fans to turn against a massive figure in the clubs history.

Although that thread is getting ridiculous but for both extremes, we have Ivan and a few others who pass everything he says as a dig and others were Jose could brand all Chelsea fans pondlife scum and they would still try to pass it off as a hidden compliment.

4 hours ago, adineen98 said:

I actually like international football emoji28.png

Me too, what i do hate is WHEN the international games are played. International football should be played at the end of the season ONLY. During the season, i am fully invested into Chelsea, i have no time for England during the club season. I see it as a distraction.

7 minutes ago, Devil Dog said:

Fed up to the back teeth with Hillsborough 

You're not the only one, a lot of people are afraid to say it though.

14 minutes ago, Devil Dog said:

Fed up to the back teeth with Hillsborough 

Agreed. I will say though, when we went to Sheffield Wed for the famous Tuesday night 4-4 draw in the League Cup replay in 84/85, the old bill tried cramming everyone into just 2 - 3 terraced sections, there were people being crushed onto the sides and lower front fences . When many fans tried jumping over into a vacant section or onto the pitch, the old bill were attacking the fans with their truncheons. At the back of the section I was in there were people jumping on shoulders to try and get into the seats above. It was bedlam. However not one word in the press about the poor police organisation. I would add Iam in no way attempting to minimalise Hillsborough, but just to point out it was disaster waiting to happen. 

The game had far more atmosphere when more away fans were allowed in, with the away fans given the end behind one goal and the home fans the other. 

Maradona was by far and away the most skilful player I have witnessed

The Liverpool team of the 80s I begrudgingly have to say were quite good

History in the game is very important even though we mock the Scousers, it is how we pass the game onto the next generation. Hopefully tonight we make our own history that we will talk about in 25 yrs time... providing I ain't pushing up daisies then

As good it is to see our rivals fall on bad times and get relegated, I like to see them return to renew the rivalry