BellettiBullet

Willy Caballero

With no other goalkeeper really linked, it seems Willy Caballero could be our new second-choice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-willy-caballero-transfer-manchester-city-alexis-sanchez-a7788056.html

As stated in the Random Rumours thread, I see him as pretty much the perfect choice to replace Begović. Hope it gets done.

It's a good choice considering his age and him not set out to displace Courtois. From all the times that I watched City I thought he was slightly underrated given the "quality" ahead of him

Don't rate him much, especially after the performance he had at the Bridge in the FA Cup leg in early 2016 (5 - 1 to us but Pellegrini played mostly youngsters).

5 hours ago, Maksimov said:

It's a step down from Begovic, but since we need a back up for Courtois, I guess we could do worse.

I don't think he is, maybe he isn't better than Asmir but he is certainly better to play the role we require than the Bosnian was.

Begovic was decent when he had to play for those few months under Jose's meltdown, but he was in his comfort zone, his whole career he has been number 1 for mid table to relegation threatened sides and for all intent's and purposes his spell when Courtois was out was no change for him. Season just gone however was his first experience playing for a team challenging at the top and when called upon he looked scared almost, i'd love to know what his save% was in the games he played because i reckon it's similar to Bravo's.

Willy knows what it takes to be the backup at the title challenging club and for that role is an upgrade on Begovic.

I don't think he is, maybe he isn't better than Asmir but he is certainly better to play the role we require than the Bosnian was.
Begovic was decent when he had to play for those few months under Jose's meltdown, but he was in his comfort zone, his whole career he has been number 1 for mid table to relegation threatened sides and for all intent's and purposes his spell when Courtois was out was no change for him. Season just gone however was his first experience playing for a team challenging at the top and when called upon he looked scared almost, i'd love to know what his save% was in the games he played because i reckon it's similar to Bravo's.
Willy knows what it takes to be the backup at the title challenging club and for that role is an upgrade on Begovic.

Spot on!!

Why not. Decent keeper and has played at a tittle challenging team before sonhas the experience.

to be honest I was never impressed with begovic at Chelsea. He seemed very very susppect. 

On 13/06/2017 at 17:32, doctorblue said:

He's got EPL experience and a free agent so what's there not to like...

He's good enough as back up? I hope to God we don't have to rely on him.

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

Always thought Begovic was largely poor for Chelsea for a 10M keeper. Willy for free is great business.

I agree with you and ironically, I thought Bego was class at Stoke. Let down for us.

Begovic is a class keeper. Probably always have been too rusty to be class for us, he needs regular game time to shine.

Willy seems to have a mindset where he's prepared to set up when needed, so he's a good signing.

Edited by dansubrosa

At least the GK dept is settled now.

Now we need

1 LB

2 CB

2 CM

1 RB

1 RF

If we can solve at least half of those positions, then I think we can make a good fist of any competition we're in