Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

UEFA voted Ronaldo's overhead kick vs Juventus as the best goal in the Champions League this season. I don't know how they could have come to that conclusion without being biased. Ronaldo's was brilliant, but Bale has to win it. It an overhead kick that won the Champions League final, goals like that in a final are incredibly rare. Bale's goal won't just be remembered as a great goal, it will be remembered as one of the best goal's of all time. 

On 30/05/2018 at 06:52, Scott Harris said:

Liverpool are still going on about Ramos and his "crimes"

They are even saying he elbowed Karius in the face now. What they are ignoring (probably deliberately) is that Van Dijk clearly gives Ramos a push. So in reality, it's the Liverpool player committing the offence, and maybe Real Madrid should have had a penalty.

It's true what people say about Liverpool, they are always playing the victim.

Not like when Suarez bit Ivan, clearly Ivan’s fault for putting his neck in the way....

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

UEFA voted Ronaldo's overhead kick vs Juventus as the best goal in the Champions League this season. I don't know how they could have come to that conclusion without being biased. Ronaldo's was brilliant, but Bale has to win it. It an overhead kick that won the Champions League final, goals like that in a final are incredibly rare. Bale's goal won't just be remembered as a great goal, it will be remembered as one of the best goal's of all time. 

Definitely up there with Drogbas’ header in 2012..

17 hours ago, big blue said:

If Zidane goes on to win a world cup with France, he will surely go down as the greatest person to ever grace the sport. 

Already has a good shout now to be fair with what he has achieved as a player and manager. 

Although that head butt in the WC final vs Italy blots the copybook just a tad?

3 hours ago, Shug said:

Although that head butt in the WC final vs Italy blots the copybook just a tad?

I was gutted he did that. It would've been a fitting end to a glittering career if he had won the world cup then retired. 

I think if the French can forget about it, then the rest of us can pardon a moment's madness, even if it was on the biggest stage in world football!

3 hours ago, big blue said:

I was gutted he did that. It would've been a fitting end to a glittering career if he had won the world cup then retired. 

I think if the French can forget about it, then the rest of us can pardon a moment's madness, even if it was on the biggest stage in world football!

I don't blame him for that since he carried the whole french team on his shoulders to the WC Final. I tend to blame more the siht manager we had who was fckuing clueless when it came to good substitutes and tactics altogether. Plus, Italy are a bunch of thugs when it comes to big games, just like Uruguay. So glad they descended into mediocrity...

Edited by Londonisblue

Found this picture on Facebook. Given the recent debate about Sterling's tattoo I wonder what people will make of the picture below. All five look like they are ready to fire but Francis Lee has a look of a gangster. I guess that the picture was taken in the late sixties.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing

11 hours ago, big blue said:

I was glad he did it, wanted Italy to win.

18 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It really depends because Ronaldo jumped so high, showed incredible athleticism and the whole stadium stood up and clapped, in Torino, vs one of the best defenses in whole Europe and one of the most legendary goalkeepers Buffon. Liverpool had non-existent goalkeeper and an average defense, just put it on target and it's done.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

just put it on target and it's done

You lucky enough to have witnessed one of the finest goals of all time, yet don't give it it's just deserves. That goal was up there with Maradona's goal against England,Zidane's goal against Leverkusen and Roberto Carlos goal against France as one of the greatest you will witness in a top level game. Ronaldos is better in that it pays out more money to the leeches of the game who have judged it.

23 minutes ago, charierre said:

You lucky enough to have witnessed one of the finest goals of all time, yet don't give it it's just deserves. That goal was up there with Maradona's goal against England,Zidane's goal against Leverkusen and Roberto Carlos goal against France as one of the greatest you will witness in a top level game. Ronaldos is better in that it pays out more money to the leeches of the game who have judged it.

Not for me mate sorry, I think Ronaldo's goal is a perfect bicycle kick in every way but it's not only that it's also the fact that Liverpool has an average defense and a poor goalkeeper that ruins it as well and I don't even think comparing it to Maradona. Just last season Mandzukic also scored something very similar to Bale so I don't want to overrate him now just because he once played for the Spuds.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

It really depends because Ronaldo jumped so high, showed incredible athleticism and the whole stadium stood up and clapped, in Torino, vs one of the best defenses in whole Europe and one of the most legendary goalkeepers Buffon. Liverpool had non-existent goalkeeper and an average defense, just put it on target and it's done.

Bale had to do exactly the same thing though. The defence and goalkeeper part for Bale's goal is irrelevant. You can put our 2004-05 defence in there and even they don't stop Bale's shot. Both his and Ronaldo's overhead kicks were perfectly executed, but Bale's has to win because of the importance of it. Scoring a goal like that in the biggest final in club football is something you see once in a generation.

11 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Bale had to do exactly the same thing though. The defence and goalkeeper part for Bale's goal is irrelevant. You can put our 2004-05 defence in there and even they don't stop Bale's shot. Both his and Ronaldo's overhead kicks were perfectly executed, but Bale's has to win because of the importance of it. Scoring a goal like that in the biggest final in club football is something you see once in a generation.

I don't want to sound like I want to discredit anyone's effort, it's a great goal by Bale but I just think that it's not that illogical to see Ronaldo's goal as more impressive.
Sorry if my opinion isn't so popular, Bale did steal the show in the final and it was very special so nobody can take that away from him, maybe it's not that important which goal gets to be labeled as the "best" one, Bale went down in history and I do feel privileged to have seen a lot of great stuff in the last years and one of them is this Real Madrid team that won 3 CL titles in a row where Bale played a big role.

On ?01?/?06?/?2018 at 22:26, Boyne said:

Found this picture on Facebook. Given the recent debate about Sterling's tattoo I wonder what people will make of the picture below. All five look like they are ready to fire but Francis Lee has a look of a gangster. I guess that the picture was taken in the late sixties.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing

Goodness me ! Some picture that one !!

UEFA have thrown the book at Liverpool for their fans' attack on the City Coach:

UEFA has also fined Liverpool €20,000 (£17,500) following incidents in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final in April, including an attack on the Manchester City team bus as it arrived at Anfield.

They fined us £85 000 nine years ago for Drogba's 'It's a disgrace' outburst.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

UEFA have thrown the book at Liverpool for their fans' attack on the City Coach:

They fined us £85 000 nine years ago for Drogba's 'It's a disgrace' outburst.

Thats because we dared to challenge these corrupt scum you see.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44362522

Government officials have spoken to the Premier League and EFL about a review into all-seater stadiums being mandatory at the top of the English game, BBC Sport understands.

Safe-standing in the Premier League and Championship will be debated in Parliament on 25 June.

A government source said the "time is right" to look at the issue.

Sports minister Tracey Crouch had said there were no plans to change the all-seater policy at stadiums.

She was speaking in April after West Brom, who have since been relegated from the Premier League to the Championship, had a proposal to introduce safe standing at The Hawthorns rejected by the government.

Standing in English football's top two divisions was outlawed by the Football Spectators' Act in 1989, following recommendations made in the Taylor Report into the Hillsborough disaster, which claimed the lives of 96 Liverpool fans.

But, after more than 100,000 people signed a petition which called for Premier League and Championship clubs to allow safe-standing, the issue will be discussed in Parliament.

Crouch is understood to be keen to discuss safety at stadiums, and the impact of improved technologies and stadium design.

A government source said: "Safety of supporters is paramount. However we recognise that technology and stadium design has evolved since the all-seater policy was introduced and the time is right to look at the issue.

"The sports minister has not shut the door to fans keen on standing sections being introduced but it is important that all the evidence and viewpoints are considered extremely carefully."

West Brom proposed a pilot scheme that would have meant 3,600 seats at The Hawthorns were converted to 'rail seats', which can be locked in an upright position.

It was rejected by the government, and the Football Supporters' Federation responded by saying Crouch was "declaring war on fans".

Clubs including Scottish champions Celtic and Germany's Hoffenheim already use pockets of rail seating, and League One side Shrewsbury Town will install more than 500 this summer.

Celtic's safe standing: how does it work?

'A significant development' - analysis

BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Richard Conway

Standing at football has not gone away with the advent of all-seater stadia in the Premier League and Championship.

At pretty much every match you can witness a group or groups of supporters standing - an issue which can result in injuries for fans who sometimes fall over the backs of seats, especially when celebrating a goal.

West Brom tried and failed to get permission for a trial. Since then an EFL supporters' survey showed there is overwhelming support amongst its fanbase for safe-standing to be introduced.

Sports minister Tracey Crouch has been subjected to unnecessary and at times unpleasant abuse on social media over the matter in recent weeks - but this policy review shows she is listening to the many voices within some big Premier League and EFL clubs, safety officers and fans who want her to consider changing the law.

This is a significant development, then - but there are still major practical issues to resolve if the review eventually recommends amending the legislation. Campaigners will be pleased - but their fight is not over yet.

5 hours ago, Blueblur said:

This has reached top banter. The most deluded fans in world football. 

I think, to be fair, Real Madrid should just surrender the trophy to them, send a written apology and £1000 compensation to every Liverpool season ticket holder and sack Sergio Ramos.