ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

47 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I agree with this, City are still going to win the title anyway, Utd just saved face that's all. It's unlike us against Liverpool in 13/14, we actually dented their title charge as well as boosted our own and against the Spuds we definitively ended their title challenge.

I think Pogba jumping around was just him being a show pony rather than a real reflection of the mood after the win.

Exactly, the bloke was on video dancing in the changing rooms having a whaaaaaaalleeee of a time while being nearly 20 points behind their rivals. 

If he's putting in good performances I would accept that, but that's not the case, so glad he isn't our player when I see him like that. Did you ever see Drogba & Luiz go crazy like that when we weren't winning anything? Even when we were winning the league I didn't see Drogba doing his crazy dances until the trophy was actually ours. Pogba is just a brand player, he likes to be on the headlines and push his Instagram page for followers, he's the type of player that would take a hattrick if it meant his team lost a game just so he could boast about it after the game. 

That Manchester derby was one of the most bizarre game I have seen this season. City was so good after about 50 minutes, they got bored of attacking, and decided to pass the ball around to see the game out in second gear. United was so poor, once they finally go the ball, decided to put some long balls through, and somehow managed to score 3 past the sleeping City defence before they realised what had happened. The rest was just typical derby controversy, De Gea pulled off the usual 3 top draw saves every game. The pundits have written stories about another Jose Master class, it's got very little to do with it, just a long ball team got lucky. Pep, being the arrogant man he is, picked a half/half squad, and never paid any attention to the defensive side of the game. I'm just super pi$$ed we didn't even play some hopeful long balls to at least give them a challenge in our 0:1 game against them, because anyone could have got lucky.

How the f* did Stoke not manager to get anything against Spurs, the last moment when they broke free, it was like 4 against 1 defener, somehow still managed to fire the pass at the only defender, it was school girl level football, for f* sake.

Think Herrera must be up their with most hated player by rival fans TBH. Horrible, snidy little c**t. Danny Murphy had it spot on this morning and said if he was still playing and Herrera was playing for the opposition, he would make it his business to target him.

Never wish injuries on any player but you could almost be excused to wish to see Herrera get completely wiped out in one of those Ron Harris / JT challenges from yester-year.

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

Never wish injuries on any player but you could almost be excused to wish to see Herrera get completely wiped out in one of those Ron Harris / JT challenges from yester-year.

Said this many times myself. 

Something like Goikoetxea did on Maradona. 

What are folks predictions tonight in the City v Dippers game?

Hope it's a thriller. Would prefer City to go through but my worry is if they go through, they could go on to lift trophy, whereas I don't think the Dippers are good enough to beat Barca, Madrid or Bayern.

I Reckon 3-1 City tonight so Dippers to go through and then hopefully get knocked out in semi's.

Could be in interesting game. Liverpool only know how to play one type of football, but I'm not sure they'll play it since they're 3-0 up. We all know they can't defend so City's not out of it yet imo.

The temptation for Liverpool will be to sit back and defend. If they do that, I could see them losing as they can’t defend. They’re prob better just going for it. They only need 1 goal and City will be mentally out of it. 

31 minutes ago, JM7 said:

The temptation for Liverpool will be to sit back and defend. If they do that, I could see them losing as they can’t defend.

Five clean sheets in their last seven games. Citys defences is far worse.

20 minutes ago, coco said:

Five clean sheets in their last seven games. Citys defences is far worse.

Yes this myth about Liverpools defense seems to have carried on from last season. They have vastly improved in defense, especially since the turn of the year.

9 hours ago, Nibs said:

What are folks predictions tonight in the City v Dippers game?

Hope it's a thriller. Would prefer City to go through but my worry is if they go through, they could go on to lift trophy, whereas I don't think the Dippers are good enough to beat Barca, Madrid or Bayern.

I Reckon 3-1 City tonight so Dippers to go through and then hopefully get knocked out in semi's.

i reckon liverpool will score early and give city a mountain to climb. liverpool aren't good at sitting back and klopp will probably try for a goal in first half and then sit back a bit look to counter. they only need a goal for city to then have to score 5. city will be too tentative to go at liverpool with full pelt in risk of conceding. 

2 hours ago, Eden17 said:

Where's the national pride?

Would love to see an English team being champions of europe again

If it won't be us, so be it.

i couldn't give less of a sh*t about who wins the CL unless it's us. it's generally the same sh*t, different season anyway; that is why i am growing bored of it now. even more so with us not in it. 

Just now, Valerie said:

Who thinks up a banner that says MCFC OK :slap_face:

Really? A large over peoples heads banner?

Actually doesn't surprise me as they're possibly the least imaginative fans in English football.

They'll win this tonight though. I think they win 5-0.