ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I had a look back, i once said i preferred Moses and Thorgan Hazard over Salah :blush2: I did say that Mourinho was harsh with Salah though and that he didn't give him enough chances. I was consistent with that opinion at least :biggrin:

One of Mourinho's biggest faults with young players is that he expects them to be good instantly. If a young player wasn't playing brilliant for us, he would sub them at half time, if Ivanovic and Matic were having stinker's, he would leave them on. In some cases, he would sub a youngster or drop them even if they were playing well. De Bruyne was dropped after one game and Loftus-Cheek was subbed at half time against Aston Villa even though he was our best player on the field. 

The confidence of these players must be at an all time low when they know that they have to perform miracles just to get a chance to prove themselves.

I don't remember anyone on here crying over Salah not getting a chance. He was the worst of our options at the time, and schurrle looked the better player. Even when we sold him there wasn't any complaints about the price, or the lack of buy back clause. 

Salah had some decent attributes, but I don't think even he thought he would be scoring 50 goals in a season, and that's why in this case, I don't really have a bitterness towards the situation. 

Mourinho was clearly the wrong manager with profile of players we had at the club.

We have won 2 titles on the last 4 seasons, but I can't help but feel we could've won even more on the next 4, had we made a more suitable appointment. 

Now we need to learn from past mistakes and look forward, we can't turn back time, but we can still build another exciting team to move forward.

Biggest lesson Chelsea should learn from Salah and KDB is to manage younger players better.

Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi should both be in the first team squad next season and given plenty of minutes to develop and prove their worth.

We can’t keep just tossing out players under 23 years old because we don’t have the patience with our managers so they don’t want to invest time in developing players. 

The crazy thing with Salah is nobody could predict that we loan him out to Fiorentina, then Roma, then we sell him to Roma then Liverpool buy him and he tears the league up. His goal stats were decent, but nothing compared to this season. I still feel like he's having a once in a lifetime season and he'll go back to being mediocre next season. It doesn't make sense that he didn't even reach 30 goals in 65 apps for Roma, yet comes back to England and has a crazy season. Something weird is going on. I suspect PEDS. 

Edited by enigma

Two CL matches at Anfield in a row, Liverpool fans have been involved in violence. Hopefully this does not have a negative impact against other English clubs. 
Just as the safe standing discussion is becoming more widespread, the morons go and provide another example against it.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

The crazy thing with Salah is nobody could predict that we loan him out to Fiorentina, then Roma, then we sell him to Roma then Liverpool buy him and he tears the league up. His goal stats were decent, but nothing compared to this season. I still feel like he's having a once in a lifetime season and he'll go back to being mediocre next season. It doesn't make sense that he didn't even reach 30 goals in 65 apps for Roma, yet comes back to England and has a crazy season. Something weird is going on. I suspect PEDS. 

Klopp's system suits him perfectly - he works hard and is absolutely rapid on the counter, plus he's become stronger and thus harder to knock down. 

6 hours ago, enigma said:

Still not sold on him, didn’t Mane have a crazy season to an extent last season also? You just know someone will come in with a crazy offer for him at the end of the season, think £150m+. I just feel his form/performance is tied to Klopp & his system. Stick him in any other team and he will look average.

7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Biggest lesson Chelsea should learn from Salah and KDB is to manage younger players better.

Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi should both be in the first team squad next season and given plenty of minutes to develop and prove their worth.

We can’t keep just tossing out players under 23 years old because we don’t have the patience with our managers so they don’t want to invest time in developing players. 

It is a tricky one. I think as others have touched on, with KDB, Salah and Lukaku, it was a case of bad decisions and wrong manager, wrong time. Sure Jose won us the PL second time back but at what long-term cost? He completely f**ked the squad for future seasons and I will never forget that. Folk talk about hindsight, which in Salah's case fair enough. None of us could predict he would turn out as good as he has this season. But that is Mourinho's job. We saw Salah (allbeit briefly) on match days where admittedly he didn't look all that but Mourinho had him day in day out and was paid millions per year to get the best out of him but instead made a quick decision that he didn't fit his plans. I guess we should be thankful Mourinho wasn't around in Hazard's first season otherwise we probably wouldn't still have him either.

All that said, and I do hope we have learned from past mistakes but we shouldn't go too far the other way and pin all our hopes on youngsters like RLC just because of past mistakes. I'm still not totally convinced with RLC but we have enough coaching staff at the club to not f**k up in future. The head coach must speak to the likes of Jody Morris and Joe Edwards and whoever is monitoring all our young players out on loan and have a good idea who is ready and when.

18 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So then lads, was that Premier league title worth Salah and KdB then? 

When put like that it's a tough one. We all like to look back (like dippers fans) and reflect on past achievements and the fact we won that title will remain on the records for ever more.

But the fact we could now have a squad that included KDB, Salah and Lukaku and add to them Hazard, Willian, Kante and suddenly you have the foundations of a squad that could be competing on all fronts season after season.

Don't know why I continue to beat myself up about it - no use crying over spilt milk, it's just that it's a f**king lot of milk.

I can get people going on about kdb and lukaku, liked the look of kdb and lukaku proved himself in the PL on loan.

But with Salah its like, we've let go bigger names than him. All we needed was the foresight to know that letting schurlle, cuadrado and others go is fine but not mo "shots go for throwins" salah.

But we've constantly had to sell to buy so those sales funded Costa, Fabregas, Kante etc who were instrumental in title wins so live and let live. 

40 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Silly question. Of course it was. You take titles when they are available.

The issue is we could have had both.

Not a silly question. Those players could help us win several more titles since that one. We had the foundations to dominate for years to come. Mourinho ruined it. 

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

It is a tricky one. I think as others have touched on, with KDB, Salah and Lukaku, it was a case of bad decisions and wrong manager, wrong time. Sure Jose won us the PL second time back but at what long-term cost? He completely f**ked the squad for future seasons and I will never forget that. Folk talk about hindsight, which in Salah's case fair enough. None of us could predict he would turn out as good as he has this season. But that is Mourinho's job. We saw Salah (allbeit briefly) on match days where admittedly he didn't look all that but Mourinho had him day in day out and was paid millions per year to get the best out of him but instead made a quick decision that he didn't fit his plans. I guess we should be thankful Mourinho wasn't around in Hazard's first season otherwise we probably wouldn't still have him either.

All that said, and I do hope we have learned from past mistakes but we shouldn't go too far the other way and pin all our hopes on youngsters like RLC just because of past mistakes. I'm still not totally convinced with RLC but we have enough coaching staff at the club to not f**k up in future. The head coach must speak to the likes of Jody Morris and Joe Edwards and whoever is monitoring all our young players out on loan and have a good idea who is ready and when.

A lot of it comes down to that the club needs to decide exactly what it is that they want the identity of the team to be. 

We put a lot of effort into scouting and identifying youngsters who showed a lot of potential but then appointed a manager (Mourinho) who is notoriously impatient with youth. We spent significantly a few years ago recruiting the likes of Lukaku, Courtois, KDB and seemed to have a career path mapped out for them which was to send them on loan to high profile teams, get first team experience and then after a couple of years bring them back to Chelsea. 

But then we appoint Mourinho who prefers older, more experienced players and did away with those players that were on the cusp of pushing for places in our team. 

There's nothing wrong with appointing Mourinho but why invest so much time, money and resources into youth if you're just going to appoint a manager who couldn't care less about your long term vision? 

We're not spending big these last few years, mainly reinvesting money spent from sales or buying relatively cheap, low risk signings (Zappacosta, Barkley, Emerson, Alonso). So we need to decide what it is we want to be because letting Chalobah and Ake go last summer tells me we still don't think youth is the way forward, so we might as well sell up the likes of RLC, Abrahams etc. and just plow more resources into the first team. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So then lads, was that Premier league title worth Salah and KdB then? 

Yes you can’t guarantee a title and since selling them we’ve won 2. Sure we could have kept them but you can’t take a title for granted. We could have kept them and not won anything.

7 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

just see on bbc news a liverpool fan is critical in hospital after fighting outside, hit on the head with a belt buckle, video shows the yobs brandishing this ingenious weapon, f**king morons

I hope he pulls through, two scummy Roma fans, were arrested for attempted murder. 20 Roma fans using belt buckles, all with minus IQ’s, brainless thugs.

8 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I hope he pulls through, two scummy Roma fans, were arrested for attempted murder. 20 Roma fans using belt buckles, all with minus IQ’s, brainless thugs.

Hope the bloke recovers but there are pictures of Liverpool fans walking about with hammers yet no mention of this in the media. Both teams as scummy as each other.