Antonio Rudiger

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Had a set back from his ACL injury buy still played 25 league games and 4 CL games last season...also remember he has been very vocal in condemning racism in Italian football and has stated his wish to move abroad because of it...

That's good, I would expect he is back at 100% then, easily

14 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Had a set back from his ACL injury buy still played 25 league games and 4 CL games last season...also remember he has been very vocal in condemning racism in Italian football and has stated his wish to move abroad because of it...

No wonder his agent (brother) couldn't wait to get on the plane lol

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Bit worrying if we again aren't capable of getting Contes first choice targets.

With our resources and draw it shouldn't be as difficult as its seeming to be. 

The targets he's after are premium players and their clubs are financially strong enough to withstand any offers...if Southampton are willing to turn down £60m for VVD then I don't know what else the board could do?

5 minutes ago, comtrend said:

Might as well have kept Ake, if we are not going after an upgrade like VVD or Bonucci.

True, this is an odd signing, I don't see why we can't get Conte's first choice players, sounds like the board are being stingy, which is odd considering the money we've made. I hope Rudiger does well for us, just not sure he's much of an upgrade on Ake, hope we sign another defender.

7 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Done deal apparently. Is he any good?

Personally, I think he's everything you'd want from a German CB. Tall, Not afraid of challenges, decent in the air, has a decent long pass, good pace, versatile enough as RB/LB/CB, can dribble, decent enough 1st touch.

My problem is that he's 24 so would need lots of playing time to improve and grow which given how stacked we are and where he'll play becomes a problem because our other CBs are at the last phase of their peak/peaking so we stand a chance to lose the time needed for him to acclimatise and familiarise with the Prem. 

4 hours ago, big blue said:

I'm not sure we need a centre back

We desperately need one, as solid as Luiz and Cahill were last season, they're not the youngest players and we have European football next season. 

3 minutes ago, Deino said:

Personally, I think he's everything you'd want from a German CB. Tall, Not afraid of challenges, decent in the air, has a decent long pass, good pace, versatile enough as RB/LB/CB, can dribble, decent enough 1st touch.

My problem is that he's 24 so would need lots of playing time to improve and grow which given how stacked we are and where he'll play becomes a problem because our other CBs are at the last phase of their peak/peaking so we stand a chance to lose the time needed for him to acclimatise and familiarise with the Prem. 

Possible rotation option for Moses at RWB? Or do you think he'll play mainly at CB?

Just now, Amputechture said:

Possible rotation option for Moses at RWB? Or do you think he'll play mainly at CB?

If he and Azpi plays in the same team, I can see that they'll rotate from time to time giving variation to attacks while conserving energy. Rudiger can play longer passes but I'm not convinced on his crossing and vice versa for Azpi

9 minutes ago, Xfaxtor said:

Brilliant signing for me. Clear upgrade on Cahill and a better player then VVD who for some reason has gotten way way overhyped

Don't you know that players who don't play more than half a season gets better the more time they spent not playing? Just look at Danny Rose, Wilshire, VVD

1 hour ago, Deino said:

If this is real, it disproves the facts about waiting for the Nike sponsorship or whatever

i think with the nike nonsense people thought we ourselves wouldn't announce them,   as oppose to make bids etc