Antonio Rudiger

Barrettinator

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

We once had to play Michael Essien and Paulo Ferreira together against Liverpool and lost 2-0. 

That was the worst pairing in the last 25 years. 

Not sure if you have your tongue in cheek, but yes that was a temporary measure due to injuries, this pairing is our 2nd? and 3rd choice center backs, the ones that are meant to be big and strong, not like wet paper bags.

4 hours ago, coco said:

Not sure if you have your tongue in cheek, but yes that was a temporary measure due to injuries, this pairing is our 2nd? and 3rd choice center backs, the ones that are meant to be big and strong, not like wet paper bags.

I was hitting you hard with some Benitez style facts!

This is all we've heard officially: 

‘The most serious situation is Antonio Rudiger with his knee. Willian is in trouble at the moment but I think it’s only a knock so we can try to recover him. For the next match in the Europa League probably Antonio will be out.’

2 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

The only one to blame is all our staff. From medics to coach, he just ended the season, and not just ended, he has knee surgery. 

If the player isn't fully fit, why risk him?

Beginning to think our medical staff are slightly incompetent they walked CHO off the pitch after his injury instead of getting him a stretcher making the injury worse.

Now they gave the all clear to a player that obviously needed more time to recover.

9 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I think we are very lucky it's this late in the season that Rudi got injured had it earlier we would of been royally screwed

I agree. I think he's been really good this season, in a shaky, disorganised defence. With a JT alongside him he'd be top class.

40 minutes ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Beginning to think our medical staff are slightly incompetent they walked CHO off the pitch after his injury instead of getting him a stretcher making the injury worse.

Now they gave the all clear to a player that obviously needed more time to recover.

That's a big call. The club have got a long history of excellent medical staff. The last two managers have rarely rotated players and yet injuries have been few and far between. Players like Barkley, historically made of glass, have got fit and stayed fit here.

I remember as far back as a broken down Glenn Hoddle coming to Chelsea as a player just for medical rehab. The club got him back to playing at the end of his career and he then went to Swindon as Player manager, then to us as manager. That to me was the nucleus of everything that we have since achieved and i am convinced that the relationship we built up with Hoddle from those rehab days with our medical team was the catalyst to all that has come since.

and to qualify that:

the Gullitt's, Zola's Vialli's, Harding's, Abramovich's, Cups, Mourinho's, Championships, Droggies, CL, Lamps, Terry et all, all came from us changing our path and employing a manager respected the world over for craft and artistry.

Don't diss the medics fella!! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Who says they made the injury worse? Sarri has said CHO will only be out for 3 months which seems an insanely short amount of time for that injury.

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

That's a big call. The club have got a long history of excellent medical staff. The last two managers have rarely rotated players and yet injuries have been few and far between. Players like Barkley, historically made of glass, have got fit and stayed fit here.

I remember as far back as a broken down Glenn Hoddle coming to Chelsea as a player just for medical rehab. The club got him back to playing at the end of his career and he then went to Swindon as Player manager, then to us as manager. That to me was the nucleus of everything that we have since achieved and i am convinced that the relationship we built up with Hoddle from those rehab days with our medical team was the catalyst to all that has come since.

and to qualify that:

the Gullitt's, Zola's Vialli's, Harding's, Abramovich's, Cups, Mourinho's, Championships, Droggies, CL, Lamps, Terry et all, all came from us changing our path and employing a manager respected the world over for craft and artistry.

Don't diss the medics fella!! :biggrin:

More of an observation/opinion from a fans perspective.Unfortunately I don't have any connections to the on goings of medical staff within the club.But then again I doubt you do either.

But thanks for the speech?

Edited by Ray_Cfc