Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 21/09/2020 at 20:05, JM7 said:

I find it strange how all of our defenders and keepers have suddenly become bad players. We did have a decent defence Sarri. 

Sarri’s defence benefitting from us holding possession and aimlessly making simple passes without threat of giving the ball away. 

Also they had Gary Cahill to remind them how to actually defend while training!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So first it Bayern linked to CHO but can only afford a loan, now PSG with owners wealthier than Roman want to loan rudiger?

Piss on them too that is beyond a joke when they can fork out world record fee after world record fee. Tell them where to go Chelsea, loan ffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not convinced by Rudiger. Quick and strong, but gets caught out of position too often, and can be rash in the tackle. At times he's been the best of a bad bunch, which isn't saying much. Doesn't have age on his side, and I suspect Lampard knows he's not quite at the level required a la the Luiz situation of last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Still not convinced by Rudiger. Quick and strong, but gets caught out of position too often, and can be rash in the tackle. At times he's been the best of a bad bunch, which isn't saying much. Doesn't have age on his side, and I suspect Lampard knows he's not quite at the level required a la the Luiz situation of last season. 

Hes only 27

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never rated him, even in Roma. I was against his coming. I think he's overrated and his "Football IQ" is low. I would be happy If we can get rid of him with a fair price. 

Edit : Sorry for my English as poor as Rudi, I'm French 🤭

Edited by Baba
Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Chelsea playing a dangerous game especially as he helped get Werner & Havertz in but let’s be realistic Rudi & AC will be gone sooner rather than later. 

Interesting to see how these players react as he's close to Werner definitely 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is quite a dangerous thing to do. Havertz and especially Werner have repeatedly stated how important he was in the decision to come here and how much he is helping them getting acclimatized in London. Might dent their morale quite a bit to see him getting left out like this immediately after they arrived.

I think it would have been better to keep him as one of our 4 options for this season. He was a very good centre back under Conte and Sarri and it's not like we're getting an offer for him we can't refuse. He's also reportedly one of the most influential and well liked players in the dressing room and one of the few vocal leader type players we have in our squad. I also think Tomori would be better of getting regular game time on loan instead of being our CB #4.

I hope Lamps knows what he's doing here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, True Blue23 said:

I think this is quite a dangerous thing to do. Havertz and especially Werner have repeatedly stated how important he was in the decision to come here and how much he is helping them getting acclimatized in London. Might dent their morale quite a bit to see him getting left out like this immediately after they arrived.

I think it would have been better to keep him as one of our 4 options for this season. He was a very good centre back under Conte and Sarri and it's not like we're getting an offer for him we can't refuse. He's also reportedly one of the most influential and well liked players in the dressing room and one of the few vocal leader type players we have in our squad. I also think Tomori would be better of getting regular game time on loan instead of being our CB #4.

I hope Lamps knows what he's doing here.

Neither of them have said once that rudiger was important to them joining. Let alone repeatedly. There is not a chance in hell this will dent their morale. 

The club may consider that it will be easier to sell rudiger and raise funds than any other defender. Lampard considers him sellable. We have 3 defenders he thinks are better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Chelsea playing a dangerous game especially as he helped get Werner & Havertz in but let’s be realistic Rudi & AC will be gone sooner rather than later. 

I don't know about Christensen. However, I did read on twitter that Fabrizio Romano was on a Chelsea podcast and mentioned that we are targeting Gimenez of Atletico Madrid next summer.

Also, not sure if related to the defence or other positions, but we will start looking towards South America for talent. 

Edited by enigma
Link to post
Share on other sites

Am fairly sure they mention talking to rudi before joining and he helped them make their decision. 

Didn't Lampard tried something similar with Oli and had to backtrack left him out repeatedly thinking he wasn't important to the club I get a sense this could be a similar situation.

Also the disrespect some of our players get from our fans is disgraceful 

Edited by Brutos
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Neither of them have said once that rudiger was important to them joining. Let alone repeatedly. There is not a chance in hell this will dent their morale. 

The club may consider that it will be easier to sell rudiger and raise funds than any other defender. Lampard considers him sellable. We have 3 defenders he thinks are better. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/09/19/timo-werner-antonio-rudiger-chelsea-transfer-13294195/amp/

Havertz said something similar iirc. So repeatedly might have been hyperbole but he definetly was involved in their decision making process. And Werner and Rüdiger are reported to be pretty close (they came through the Stuttgart Academy together).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Neither of them have said once that rudiger was important to them joining. Let alone repeatedly. There is not a chance in hell this will dent their morale. 

The club may consider that it will be easier to sell rudiger and raise funds than any other defender. Lampard considers him sellable. We have 3 defenders he thinks are better. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/19/timo-werner-antonio-rudiger-chelsea-transfer-13294195/ https://www.teamtalk.com/news/rudiger-werner-chelsea-move

Seen several articles like these. Make of them what you will 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand this decision. The club need to choose between keeping Tomori or Rudiger. Rudiger isn't better than Tomori. I also think Rudiger was the most experienced CB in the squad. Now we have Silva to bring the younger defenders along, it's time to cut ties with Rudiger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Lampard travelled to Germany with Cech to speak to Werner. Not sure about Havertz, but he spoke to Lampard on the phone numerous times from what I've heard. Lampard was VERY keen on bringing Kai to the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

He was poor last season but hes still a better defender than Christensen. Christensen seems to never get criticised. The guy has never even scored a goal for us. Rudiger has shown more in 3 years at Chelsea than Christensen has. Maybe Rudiger injuries are catching up with him.

You must be viewing different platforms to me.

I think AC is being persisted with because of his ceiling, and it's been forgotten about in the midst of the red card but he was excellent vs Brighton and vs Pool till that moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Yes helped. But not key to why they are here and neither will lose sleep over rudiger going. It's a football club, people leave all the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Argo said:

You must be viewing different platforms to me.

I think AC is being persisted with because of his ceiling, and it's been forgotten about in the midst of the red card but he was excellent vs Brighton and vs Pool till that moment. 

Yeah AC is routinely abused, including on here. 

I agree, think he's been fine the first two games and the red card could happen to anyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...