1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Yes helped. But not key to why they are here and neither will lose sleep over rudiger going. It's a football club, people leave all the time. 

Agrred players really aren't that sensitive, if they were Thiago Silva would have never come here to a play for a man that ruthlessly kicked his mate (Luiz) out of the club.

In the current squad, Zouma and Christensen are evidently ahead of Rüdiger. One would assume Silva is too - it's not the kind of signing you make so the guy can sit on the bench. Personally I would have Tomori ahead of him too, but it's not particularly clear what Frank's thinking is on him.

In addition to that, we have Guéhi and Malang Sarr (and maybe Clarke-Salter) coming back after this season. If Rüdiger wants proper playing time, and if Frank/the club feel we have a couple of bodies too many - out of the immediate saleable assets available he is probably the most obvious.

Or this could all be nonsense and the poor fellow just has a knock - who knows?

If his departure results in Christensen getting more minutes with Chelsea shirt then this is a dumb a move.

I can't believe we are selling Rudi after one bad season and we are not even using the excuse of his nasty injury while players like Christensen have been dogsh*t for 3 consecutive seasons without being injured or anything stopping their 'development'. 

I can't think of that as anything but Frank's personal preference. For some reason he's fallen in love with Christensen I am yet to find why. 

Edited by Droopy

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

If this is his reaction after being left out for just a couple of games, then I think we can safely say he is the "wrong stuff" and it is better to help him find an opportunity elsewhere.

Let's hope we can find someone to take him !

Well to be fair, he could have been told he is currently 4th choice (all speculation) so wants to maximize his playing time... as with anything like this we dont know whats gone on behind the scenes 

I wanted to keep Rudiger he had his use in bringing in Werner and Havertz and acted as an agent... Now that they're here, he can definitely leave. I once considered him our best CB but he has to go, just poor and not good enough for us.

Knowing our club though, he'll probably just be on another loan somewhere, probably Vitesse

11 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Send him to WH as Moise is looking for defenders to make the team better and throw in Barkley while your at it + 10mill and take Rice back in return.

Why Barkley? Why get rid of a proven squad player in a season we're playing midweek and weekend turnover almost every week?

31 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Still being linked to Tottenham, thing is if he goes and looks good under Jose it isn’t going to make frank look very clever is it 

Don't worry, Rudiger will never look good, this isnt VVD from Southampton to Liverpool.

Silva for Rudiger and Mendy for Kepa could be the key to our whole season, just have to be patient for now and wait for Chilwell to join them, and i reckon we'll be ok.

56 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Still being linked to Tottenham, thing is if he goes and looks good under Jose it isn’t going to make frank look very clever is it 

Jose doesn't chase trash defenders. He's quite astute in that area.  

From a quality perspective there is no way he ranks below Christensen, who can rarely win a header against a decent forward. Can only think that we are saying he has the most resale value in the market so we are happy to sell. 

1 hour ago, SFL82 said:

Not necessarily, it might be Rudiger needs to be playing regularly to get his confidence, that has not happened under Frank.

I think he plays better with a more experienced CB, I thought he was good playing alongside Cahill or Luiz.

If we do well this season Rudiger at Spurs won't bother us yet if Spurs turn the tables and Rudiger is seen to be part of that winning combination Frank's position would come under scrutiny. 

2 hours ago, coco said:

Quality and Rudiger, two words that should never meet company.

Definitely not last year, but he was our best defender the year before and probably the year before that too. 

I think he has struggled post injury but still for me he could be our best defender again. Frankly, our approach to defending as a team hasn't helped anyone look their best.