10 minutes ago, Slojo said:

What was the one he had in 2010? Just after we won the league, because after that there was a huge change in him. He just didn't look the same player at all after that and he was only 28. 

Probably the second ACL. Lost his legs after that, pace & power was what he was all about. It was such a shame because he was an amazing player to have in your team. 

On 16/10/2020 at 01:19, Munkworth said:

Probably the second ACL. Lost his legs after that, pace & power was what he was all about. It was such a shame because he was an amazing player to have in your team. 

Probably affected him way more than he thought it did.

• 2 weeks later...

Shout out to Rudi who appears to have gone from being completely out of favour to 3rd choice centre back. Must have really got his head down and impressed in training. 

Thought he played alright tonight all things considered. No errors to speak of and lone criticism, along with Zouma, is that he was poor at playing at from the back only making safe, 10 yard passes that took us nowhere. 

Put a good performance, he seems like a real professional who keeps supporting the players and want the team to success even if it would happen without him.

He deserves to stay with us as a backup and put some pressure on Zouma. Won't be so easy because Zouma looks fantastic but it's possible.

Keep it up Rudi!

This is interesting though.  Does this mean Frank has shifted Christensen down the pecking order?  If so, why didn't he do this after the Liverpool game.  Still question the timing.  Still, none of that matters if we can get Rudi playing like a footballer again.

7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Shout out to Rudi who appears to have gone from being completely out of favour to 3rd choice centre back. Must have really got his head down and impressed in training. 

Thought he played alright tonight all things considered. No errors to speak of and lone criticism, along with Zouma, is that he was poor at playing at from the back only making safe, 10 yard passes that took us nowhere. 

I've said it a few times but Lampard is really, really good at getting reactions out of players he freezes out.

AVB must be absolutely cursing him!

Edited by Argo

3 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

This is interesting though.  Does this mean Frank has shifted Christensen down the pecking order?  If so, why didn't he do this after the Liverpool game.  Still question the timing.  Still, none of that matters if we can get Rudi playing like a footballer again.

This scapegoating of Christensen is getting ridiculous, he was pretty good to start the season against both Brighton and Liverpool even despite the red card against the latter (Mendy in goal he probably sweeps up on time and that doesn't happen).

He hasn't played a minute with Mendy and only one game with Silva (where he was actually better than the latter in), those two have elevated performances of everyone around them so surely we should hold fire with Christensen until we see if he does the same?

3 hours ago, Argo said:

I've said it a few times but Lampard is really, really good at getting reactions out of players he freezes out.

AVB must be absolutely cursing him!

My take on that would be that it seemed that AVB didnt communicate effectively to the player why they werent in the team just shut them out, just my impression of course, I always felt AVB was tasked with getting the age of the squad down and thought that meant freezing out players without informing them 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, BluesPower said:

He was solid today, happy for him.

i am stlll not convinced with him... he has these moments in the game.. when he becomes really reckless.. one of them could have cost us when hayden shot over the bar.. plus he is too labored in his possession.. unfortunately the more i see him .. the more is feel he is nowhere near Chelsea quality..

9 minutes ago, Jangz said:

i am stlll not convinced with him... he has these moments in the game.. when he becomes really reckless.. one of them could have cost us when hayden shot over the bar.. plus he is too labored in his possession.. unfortunately the more i see him .. the more is feel he is nowhere near Chelsea quality..

yes, he's a drop-off from the way Silva/Zooma have been playing, but I think he convinced Frank he's the right 3rd choice when needed for now.  Good position we're in that probably our biggest concern is a quality backup CB.  

I still prefer Tomori to Rudiger as third choice. Rudiger is unreliable, he’ll have these moments where he watches the ball go through his legs, or kick the ball and cause an panic out of nowhere.

Suppose it’s his first game back but he’s been terrible for so long.

Real professional, he was one step out of the club but kept working and had his PL start yesterday.

Haven't watched the game, but by all reports and comments he was decent.

2 years ago he was our best defender, this season might be his last season or the season which will keep him in the squad if he will prove himself.

Rudiger is excellent on his game but he is prone to brain fart moments. He’s still Baresi levels of good in comparison to Christensen. 

I get the argument though as on his game, Tomori can also be excellent and he’s young with a lot of potential. It would be good to give him cup games beside Thiago Silva and support his development. 

Thiago Silva 

Zouma

Rudiger/Tomori

Dave

Stamford the Lion

Christensen