He's the "bad guy" in this team, and to be honest we have been missing a street fighter. What goes around comes around, Atletico players were happy to go down with any physical contact, can't blame Rudiger for taking a fall after coping a legit elbow ( regardless how much power behind it).

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/04/antonio-rudiger-clashes-with-kepa-arrizabalaga-at-chelsea-training

Depends on what narrative you want to go with:

- Dressing room rancour at Chelsea following humiliating home defeat

- 'Let's have less of that' - Chelsea in high spirits prior to Champions League quarter-final

Edited by PloKoon13

He’s involved again when it comes to negative press about goings on behind the scenes at the club. I’m sure some will look to defend him as always but there’s no smoke without fire. Rudiger isn’t a good enough player for the apparent goings on behind the scenes with him. Having a heated incident with a teammate in training is one thing but not calming down to the point your manager has to send you away from the session is another thing completely. Crazy given it was his tackle on Kepa apparently and not the other way around.

RĂĽdiger and Kepa have a bit of a shoving match in training after RĂĽdiger makes a bad tackle. RĂĽdiger then accepts fault and apologises. It has nothing to do with the match on Saturday or the upcoming match on Wednesday, no-matter how much the amateur-hour journalist (Tuchel did not replace Lampard in September, ffs) tries to to imply otherwise.

What's the problem exactly?

27 minutes ago, bluedave said:

RĂĽdiger and Kepa have a bit of a shoving match in training after RĂĽdiger makes a bad tackle. RĂĽdiger then accepts fault and apologises. It has nothing to do with the match on Saturday or the upcoming match on Wednesday, no-matter how much the amateur-hour journalist (Tuchel did not replace Lampard in September, ffs) tries to to imply otherwise.

What's the problem exactly?

Exactly! It’s a non-story. Anybody who has ever been involved in sport knows that there are bust ups all the time.

15 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Exactly! It’s a non-story. Anybody who has ever been involved in sport knows that there are bust ups all the time.

True but it's worrying that the story of Kepa and Rudiger has leaked to the press. 

It was mentioned before Lampard's sacking that the club was leaking stories left, right and centre (a journalist's dream) and it would appear that the change in management hasn't improved that aspect of the club. 

22 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

True but it's worrying that the story of Kepa and Rudiger has leaked to the press. 

It was mentioned before Lampard's sacking that the club was leaking stories left, right and centre (a journalist's dream) and it would appear that the change in management hasn't improved that aspect of the club. 

That part is more worrying, agreed.

1 minute ago, bluedave said:

A little pushing and shoving on the training ground, oh my!

season 7 episode 23 GIF

Its not the scuffle thats the problem, I mean this kind of thing happens a lot at clubs so its no big thing. The bigger problem is how often all this kind of thing is leaked from our club now, it seems everything is getting out.

3 minutes ago, bluedave said:

A little pushing and shoving on the training ground, oh my!

season 7 episode 23 GIF

Read above, its not the content that matters, but the constant leaking to the press, we have moles.

Leaks are so hard to stop. Even Alex Ferguson complained about leaks at United all the time when he ruled that club. Even had to move his retirement announcement forward when the media got a hold of the story earlier than anticipated.

Obviously the reason why some football-journos know a lot more then some give them credit for. Whether it's transfer targets, unrest in the dressing room, fights, managers under pressure and what not.

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Read above, its not the content that matters, but the constant leaking to the press, we have moles.

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

Its not the scuffle thats the problem, I mean this kind of thing happens a lot at clubs so its no big thing. The bigger problem is how often all this kind of thing is leaked from our club now, it seems everything is getting out.

It's just Matt Law sh*t-stirring again isn't it? He's a d**khead, like most so-called football journalists, and seems to have a thing for Rüdiger.

37 minutes ago, bluedave said:

It's just Matt Law sh*t-stirring again isn't it? He's a d**khead, like most so-called football journalists, and seems to have a thing for Rüdiger.

Tuchel has confirmed it, he called it a 'serious situation', and 'they cleared the air' bla bla..

1 hour ago, just said:

If our training ground had 1% of the comedy genius of Laurel and Hardy performing we could make a fortune at the gate, unfortunately it sounds like it was a bit more than slapstick.

What would be your all time Chelsea training ground match ups?

A tag team contest of Dennis Wise & David Speedie Vs Micky Droy & Alex would be good entertainment. You'd fancy the sheer size and strength of the Droy/Alex pairing but the Wise/Speedie combo would know all the tricks and fight dirty.

And on the under card one certain to end quickly and probably with a fair bit of claret my Lords, Ladies and gentlemen, Chopper Harris Vs Jorginho.

Can I shove some of my colleagues around too? Pleaaaaase? 

With the number of people around Cobham it's not surprising someone informs "the media". Let's not read too much into this. We all know Trev the groundsman is a chatterbox.

Edited by Valerie
17 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Can I shove some of my colleagues around too? Pleaaaaase? 

With the number of people around Cobham it's not surprising someone informs "the media". Let's not read too much into this. We all know Trev the groundsman is a chatterbox.

You would have to have a wrestling name though? Val "The Viper"? Vicious Val "The Dutch Destroyer" ?

I can see the poster outside Cobham now Val "The Viper" Vs Trev "The Gobby Groundsman"

Edited by just