Zappacosta

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Another loan. 

We seem to struggle actually sellung these guys, must be on silly money. 

This season is not the time to be selling players unless we get a daft offer. There's very little value to be had and loans are much more prevelent. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Forced Dave out of the squad, push Reece on to the bench and put that little sh*t at Liverpool who’s so f**king great back in his box!

Ah, always the dreamer... Must be all that flour and cake mix you inhale. 

4 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Next season we'll surely lose him for free, or rather whatever loan fee we can get for him. To be honest though I didn't think he was so terrible to be hated so much, for me Emerson is much worse.

I think so too, I would play him over Emerson always seemed to do ok 

How long does he have left on his contract? 

Can't help thinking the fact that he is swapping Roma for Genoa says a lot about how far his stock has fallen. He's got to be allowed to leave on a free when his contract is up rather than signing 12 month extensions like Michy did. 

8 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

No loan fees for anyone yet either ... hardly surprising though given the covid climate and the "dead wood" angle ...

I'll be amazed if there's no loan fee involved, where did you see there isn't? 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I'll be amazed if there's no loan fee involved, where did you see there isn't? 

I was going by what they show in wikipedia ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Chelsea_F.C._season#Summer_3

Granted it is not an "official" source, but in previous seasons they have shown a few actual fees in that column, and this season they all say "free" so far ...

image.thumb.png.9e70acae1838f9b6895b8c7de923d750.png

This was last season as a comparison, so we got fees for 4 of the loans according to that  :

image.thumb.png.0c273ce5426eda293991250b57318cb8.png

6 hours ago, Slojo said:

Yeah I never got the hostility towards Zappacosta or Moses to be honest, both of them appeared to at least have some level of end product despite being average players. Whereas Emerson is f**king useless, the bloke doesn't even try to cross a ball. 

Agreed, Zappacosta was ordinary but I can't recall a single match where he was genuinely sh*t or a disaster.

Hes the type of backup fullback signing we'll probably have to make once Azpi goes and James is fully established as no one of any serious quality will come with no scope of breaking through.

For mine Zappacosta embodies the Chelsea squad player: he puts in an honest shift and doesn't disgrace himself when he plays, but his overall output falls short of the expectations that we place on our first-teamers. But in the midst of all that mediocrity are bound to exist one or two glorious moments that sear into your conscious. 

I'll never forget that goal against Qarabag - it might have been a happy accident, much as Zappacosta probably regards his time at Chelsea as being a happy accident, but wow, what a strike!

I hope he does well at Genoa. They would want him to, given how they've been circling the relegation zone over the past couple of seasons. 

Anyway, no hard feelings Davide. We'll always have Qarabag. 

1 hour ago, DaRick said:

For mine Zappacosta embodies the Chelsea squad player: he puts in an honest shift and doesn't disgrace himself when he plays, but his overall output falls short of the expectations that we place on our first-teamers. But in the midst of all that mediocrity are bound to exist one or two glorious moments that sear into your conscious. 

I'll never forget that goal against Qarabag - it might have been a happy accident, much as Zappacosta probably regards his time at Chelsea as being a happy accident, but wow, what a strike!

I hope he does well at Genoa. They would want him to, given how they've been circling the relegation zone over the past couple of seasons. 

A goal and an assist, suspect strongly that was a misdirected cross rather than a Balesque strike, nice moment though.

2 hours ago, DaRick said:

Zappa seems a genuinely friendly bloke, who unfortunately isn't at a level to make a lasting impression. I always forgot we had him in the squad. Hopefully he'll have a good season at Genoa in the Serie A.

On 18/09/2020 at 20:23, Chelsbear said:

Another loan. 

We seem to struggle actually sellung these guys, must be on silly money. 

And the fact hes not very good, has recently had bad injuries, hes 29 and we most likely want to recoup around the same money we paid for him and no one is silly enough to pay it. Getting loan fees is the best way of getting some money back for him.

Just now, jack_super_class said:

And the fact hes not very good, has recently had bad injuries, hes 29 and we most likely want to recoup around the same money we paid for him and no one is silly enough to pay it. Getting loan fees is the best way of getting some money back for him.

How much is the loan fee?

In fact im quite curious to know the loan fees we get for these players, I suspect its not much at all

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...