Zappacosta

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Exactly this.  Neither Zappa or Moses are going to start anyway, Dave will, so for back up either one is more than adequate.  I know Dave has been playing CB (and has played at LB before) but he's very much a RB and is one of the best in the world.  We don't need an upgrade to either Dave or our backup(s).  Same with our left side as well with Alonso and Emerson.  Not sure why people are so focused on our full backs at the moment when we have a lot more things to worry about.

If Alonso/Emerson struggle at left back, like a few people have suggested, Dave could be shifted over there. 

Moses and Zappa are the same for me although ironically I think Moses is better defensively and Zappa is better getting forward. Either one would do me as a back up. 

• 2 months later...

Quite a frustrating player to watch. 

Manages to get himself into some really good positions, especially for crosses but he just lacks that extra bit of quality to make it count. 

The more time that passes I think it's safe to say we overspent on signing him, can't see him getting many starts this season ahead of Dave barring injuries and suspensions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2018 at 12:36, ForeverCarefree said:

Quite a frustrating player to watch. 

Manages to get himself into some really good positions, especially for crosses but he just lacks that extra bit of quality to make it count. 

The more time that passes I think it's safe to say we overspent on signing him, can't see him getting many starts this season ahead of Dave barring injuries and suspensions. 

Quoting myself from his last game.

Has no end product to speak of. Just thumps crosses into the box with little direction... can’t see him playing much this season. 

• 3 months later...

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Lazio in talks with us about signing Zappacosta. Please sell him.

I saw that rumour, six month loan and a £13m option to buy at the end of it.

Question is, if he goes, who provides cover at right back? Can’t see Sarri brining Moses in from the cold who has also been linked with a move this month to Crystal Palace.

35 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

Even if we don’t have the perfect cover, I’d be very glad to see deadwood players moved on. Zappa DD morata Baka Moses. Time to fill squad gaps with our youth.

But Zappacosta has the best name in our squad!

9 hours ago, Oli said:

If hes going, we really just need to sell these players. Imagine they choose not to buy at the end of the season.

Agree! We keep doing these deals with Italian clubs who are way too savvy. Should be an obligation to buy if he plays a certain number of mins not an option. Take Milan for example;  found the money to sign Paqueta but keep loaning our players. 

Reckon whoever is coming has to be “homegrown”. We are losing quite a few next few windows, wouldn’t mind cancelling the option Torino have on Ola Aina who has been brilliant. Wan Bissaka is worth a look using Moses in a part exchange.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but thought Zappacosta had a great game when he came on. The clearance off the line was brilliant, like the Chelsea of old. 

Honestly I wasn't convinced with Dave going to CB, but it worked and Zappa fixed in some dangerous crosses. Nearly scored as well. Very pleasantly surprised!