barak81

Zappacosta

8 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Interesting that even with the ban we do this. Zappa’s a good player. 

He's fine as a backup, but if we want James to play at all this year, he had to be loaned or sold.

He really isn't. He was a car crash of a full back or wing back or whatever position he was asked to play. Defensively he was caught out of position more than the French military and when getting forward there was more chance of his crosses hitting a seagull than a Chelsea player. I'm glad to see him punted.

2 hours ago, loz said:
2 hours ago, ozboy said:

He really isn't. He was a car crash of a full back or wing back or whatever position he was asked to play. Defensively he was caught out of position more than the French military and when getting forward there was more chance of his crosses hitting a seagull than a Chelsea player. I'm glad to see him punted.

There was certainly more chance they’d hit the back of the net than a Chelsea player. If only he could play against FC Carrierbag every week. 

Another 6 month loan deal, like Drinkwater's. 

Can't help thinking that's a strategic choice by Chelsea. 

Give the young players like Mount and James half the season to prove themselves but then you've got the contingency of bringing backed more experienced players if need be. 

If the young players do well, then the club can either extend the loans or negotiate a permanent move away from the club. 

On 20/08/2019 at 18:51, jack_super_class said:

Should never have bought him in the first place.

That goal he scored for us in his first game was worth the price tag alone.

33 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Give the young players like Mount and James half the season to prove themselves but then you've got the contingency of bringing backed more experienced players if need be. 

If the young players do well, then the club can either extend the loans or negotiate a permanent move away from the club. 

Yep, and it seems a good way to deal with things I feel.

We have gotten rid of a lot of deadwood this window anyway, there are still quite a few on loan and a few which I have no clue what they're doing (the likes of Hector, Piazon?) but on the whole its a move in the right direction.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

i think the 6 month loan deal is due to the new loan restrictions starting in the summer. We didnt manage to get them out on a permanent this summer, but it means we can try again in january. 

Good luck to him - seemed like a decent enough bloke and player, but if we are going to promote youth, we don't really need an experienced pro as a back up.

I think it will take a lot for Lamps to replace Azpi so expect James may get his chance mainly in cups.

On 21/08/2019 at 21:01, loz said:
On 21/08/2019 at 20:09, ozboy said:

Agreed, extend those healthy Mediterranean eyebrows inwards by an inch and you could be forgiven for mistaking him for Bosingwa.