Danny Drinkwater

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well to be fair we replaced Matic with Bakayoko not Drinkwater, drinkwater would be replacing chalobah, where we may not have hugely upgraded the players we brought in I think are slightly better but more importantly younger, but I still think we need some real quality in the team not just depth.
 I was watching the city vs Real game, they are stacked with quality all over the pitch, if they had better CB's and added a world class CM they would be on par with the top clubs in the world talent wise, we have top class players in Hazard, Tibo, Morata, Kante and Dave and good players in Luiz, Bakayoko, Pedro, Rudiger.
The rest of the squad is either decent or not good enough if we had Sandro and another quality RWB we can put out a first team that should compete with anyone in the world with a couple of positions , and still the need for some quality rotation players, as stands we just aren't good enough to beat the top teams, so I agree we need to aim higher but for a backup drinkwater is dependable even if not brilliant.  

Tibo is world class? Lol

Why isn't he? can't wait to hear this.

For someone who easily concede cheap goals from f**king outside the box! Lol, we are the only one who thinks he is world class. You won't hear it from other fans. But globally, we all agree Degea, Neuer, Buffon are world class. Tibo is simply a good keeper. Let's get back to Drinkwater!

Tibo is the best in the PL. I will just add that. Drinkwater- A good PL player. Of course he is. Just not sure he can step up to a big Club like Chelsea. Sounds crazy saying that when he was a champion the season before last. If we want him, We should get him. I will trust the judgement of our manager.

Tibo is the best in the PL. I will just add that. Drinkwater- A good PL player. Of course he is. Just not sure he can step up to a big Club like Chelsea. Sounds crazy saying that when he was a champion the season before last. If we want him, We should get him. I will trust the judgement of our manager.

Degea and Lloris must be having a laugh!

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

For someone who easily concede cheap goals from f**king outside the box! Lol, we are the only one who thinks he is world class. You won't hear it from other fans. But globally, we all agree Degea, Neuer, Buffon are world class. Tibo is simply a good keeper. Let's get back to Drinkwater!

Ah yes the great De Gea who concedes from corners and made as more mistakes (that led to goals) at Stamford Bridge alone than Tibo did all last season. And which cheap goals from outside the box are you refering to? Last season he conceded 3 (and two of them were contenders for goal of the season) or are you basing it solely on Charlie Adam's goal two and a half year's ago?

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

Should have seen him against Bayern...made Joe Hart look good...

So a pre-season friendly... Interesting. Did you see him in the copa del ray final against RM in 2012-13, IIRC.

or against liverpool in the semi in carling cup in 2014-15, IIRC, or other 100s of games.

31 minutes ago, didierforever said:

So a pre-season friendly... Interesting. Did you see him in the copa del ray final against RM in 2012-13, IIRC.

or against liverpool in the semi in carling cup in 2014-15, IIRC, or other 100s of games.

I was referring to current form...

The best defence?? Consisting of GC who is ridiculed by his own fans, Luiz whose transfer back to the club was laughed at by most fans in the world, Marcos Alonso whose transfer got chelsea fans so excited (yes that is sarcasm) or moses who was apparently not good enough to even be a bench player just a season or 2 ago. 

Seems like a world class defence. Or maybe, just maybe its the FACT, that we have a world class goal keeper coupled with a system that suits and gets the best our of our players. 

Also, its interesting that now players are classified as good or bad depending on their "form" which is just one PRE-SEASON game. Thats just.... ::clap2::

8 minutes ago, didierforever said:

The best defence?? Consisting of GC who is ridiculed by his own fans, Luiz whose transfer back to the club was laughed at by most fans in the world, Marcos Alonso whose transfer got chelsea fans so excited (yes that is sarcasm) or moses who was apparently not good enough to even be a bench player just a season or 2 ago. 

Seems like a world class defence. Or maybe, just maybe its the FACT, that we have a world class goal keeper coupled with a system that suits and gets the best our of our players. 

Also, its interesting that now players are classified as good or bad depending on their "form" which is just one PRE-SEASON game. Thats just.... ::clap2::

Best defence is in reference to goals conceded last season and current form is in reference Courtois's performance in both games in Singapore...as far as I know this forum is all about expression of opinion both mine and yours...and you can clap to that...

Edited by doctorblue