33 minutes ago, driller97 said:

?

I thought we were past this crap where trolls would come here and claim that every perceived bad decision was Emanelo's fault. It's like when people were talking about that's a board transfer and that is a manager transfer. You have no special insight into the running of the club.

5 hours ago, mojo said:

"Aston Villa are considering ending Danny Drinkwater's loan spell after the midfielder was involved in a violent altercation with team-mate Jota.

Drinkwater, who joined Villa on loan until the end of the season in January, headbutted Jota in training on Tuesday during an angry exchange with his colleague."

Sad to hear. Hope someone close to him can get him to go to therapy or something

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Emanelo has been in charge of some of the worst transfers we've made in recent years, that should be enough to explain it.

I think Marina has done a far better job if you ask me.

Just as I thought: you have no clear inside knowlegde of the club, and are just guessing, as @kiwi1691 also established.

Edited by Valerie
3 hours ago, driller97 said:

Emanelo has been in charge of some of the worst transfers we've made in recent years, that should be enough to explain it.

I think Marina has done a far better job if you ask me.

De Bruyne, Courtois, Hazard, Lukaku, Azpi, Salah, Matic, Costa, Fabregas.

Didn't do too bad if you ask me.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

De Bruyne, Courtois, Hazard, Lukaku, Azpi, Salah, Matic, Costa, Fabregas.

Didn't do too bad if you ask me.

Salah was a poor signing for the time as he didn't perform at all. Lukaku pretty poor for us as well and never amounted to anything,

Now lets list some of the terrible signings he was involved in without cherry picking. I'll start:

Marin, Djilaboji, Rahman, Cuadrado, Remy, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappa, Morata, Bats, Falcao, Hector, Pato and the list goes on and on..

Like it or not he bought in more bad transfers than good.

Edited by driller97
2 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Salah was a poor signing for the time as he didn't perform at all. In fact, quite a few of those listed were actually pretty poor for us and never amounted to anything,

Now lets list some of the terrible signings he was involved in without cherry picking. I'll start:

Marin, Djilaboji, Rahman, Cuadrado, Remy, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappa, Morata, Bats, Falcao, Hector, Pato and the list goes on and on..

This is harsh on Remy tbh. He was only ever signed as a back up and did a decent job for us in that 14-15 season. 

6 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

This is harsh on Remy tbh. He was only ever signed as a back up and did a decent job for us in that 14-15 season. 

Fair enough, you could argue a couple names here and there but if you look at all our transfer arrivals in the past 5-10 years, there were just so many bad choices made in there.

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

Just as I thought: you have no clear inside knowlegde of the club, and are just guessing, as @kiwi1691 also established.

So he's snuck back in again!  Must be a glutton for it, or just does it for the argument

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Salah was a poor signing for the time as he didn't perform at all. Lukaku pretty poor for us as well and never amounted to anything,

Remy?? Remy was a great backup striker, just like Ba, he scored a lot of important goals when Costa was unavailable, they massively helped in sealing our title win under Jose. 

7 hours ago, driller97 said:

Lets look at terrible signings without cherry picking, as he goes on to cherry pick. 

I think your issue is clearly with the managers/scouting department. Unless you believe Emenalo and Marina just choose who they want to sign and go for it?

46 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Lets look at terrible signings without cherry picking, as he goes on to cherry pick. 

I think your issue is clearly with the managers/scouting department. Unless you believe Emenalo and Marina just choose who they want to sign and go for it?

There's really no way to know if Emenalo was behind those signings or not, but if I were to assume, I would say Conte. I had plenty of arguments on here with people who defended the board during Conte's 2nd season. Now I take back everything I said after the signings he's been making at Inter. I now fully believe it was Conte who wanted us to sign Peter Crouch and Andy Carroll in January and wanted every wingback from the Serie A. 

• 4 months later...

Will soon return to the club after another disasterous loan-spell at Villa.

Two years left on his £110.000-a-week contract so is there any chance we'll get rid of him?

I don't think so unfortunately. He's not PL-level anymore and who's going to take on those wages anyways?

39 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Will soon return to the club after another disasterous loan-spell at Villa.

Two years left on his £110.000-a-week contract so is there any chance we'll get rid of him?

I don't think so unfortunately. He's not PL-level anymore and who's going to take on those wages anyways?

We’re stuck with him unfortunately, unless someone (god knows who) is willing to take him on a two year long and we subsidise his wages significantly. Or someone else (even more crazy) pays a fee for him and we subsidise his wages significantly for the next 2 year period. I don’t see any team taking him that can afford or would be willing to pay him £110k p/w.

This is the best thing about this summer. Werner, Ziyech & Havertz May not all work out but at least we’ve went for quality over quantity and what a difference it’s making so far from a fans perspective.

With the way he's performed and behaved at every club he's been to so far, who the f**k would want to give pay even 20% of his wages? 

That transfer window has to go down as the worst transfer window in the clubs history, my god did we buy some sh*te then. 

image.png.db6401a90c3147730dcc1140f6ab65d9.png

234 million spent this window... I would say only Giroud and Barkley were worth the money. 

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

That transfer window has to go down as the worst transfer window in the clubs history, my god did we buy some sh*te then. 

Definitly the worst i can remember. The whole summer was a complete mess.

Quite tragic that Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta especially are still Chelsea-players. Can't get rid of them because of ridiculous wages.

35 minutes ago, Slojo said:

With the way he's performed and behaved at every club he's been to so far, who the f**k would want to give pay even 20% of his wages? 

image.png.db6401a90c3147730dcc1140f6ab65d9.png

234 million spent this window... I would say only Giroud and Barkley were worth the money. 

To be fair, at the time Morata was a good signing. His goal scoring record at Madrid was very good in the minutes he played. Unfortunately we couldn’t have foreseen quite how bad he would be.

Bakayoko I was never a big fan of but a lot of people were and there was a decent amount of excitement about the signing after Monaco’s good performance.

The others, I woulda agree were poor even on the face of it.