40 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

He’s at an age where he can just ponder along making enough money to retire. We were the idiots who offered the money for him and paid him the ridiculous contract. The entire footballing world knew this was a stupid move but we done it anyway. 

To be fair he did look decent for a few years before he joined the mighty CFC. His performances during the season Leicester won the league were terrific and he made it into the England team. The reality is he is not settled as a person and just did not have the drive to train hard and make the life style sacrifices that top players need to make. He could have been a contender so to speak but he blew it! Football history is full of players who did not live up to their potential. Yes, we made a mistake, but given the performances and indicators at the time it was a mistake that could happen and I understand why Chelsea signed him.

16 minutes ago, The Swan said:

To be fair he did look decent for a few years before he joined the mighty CFC. His performances during the season Leicester won the league were terrific and he made it into the England team. The reality is he is not settled as a person and just did not have the drive to train hard and make the life style sacrifices that top players need to make. He could have been a contender so to speak but he blew it! Football history is full of players who did not live up to their potential. Yes, we made a mistake, but given the performances and indicators at the time it was a mistake that could happen and I understand why Chelsea signed him.

I couldn’t and I continuously stated this at the time. There were only a few on here who supported the move, most Chelsea fans knew he wasn’t Chelsea class and were proven correct. 

He was signed for a ridiculous amount because of nationality. Absolutely nothing to do with talent or being a good fit. 

45 minutes ago, The Swan said:

Agreed. Beyond the usual suspects who bemoan every possible signing with an Anglo surname, many thought he could be a useful part of the squad, especially reconnecting with Kante in midfield. I worried about the price (as I often do :biggrin:) but I don't I thought he would turn out this poorly. 

I think you're right that elite attitude is key and he sadly seems to have fallen short of that. Anyway to continue your On the Waterfront reference he coulda been a contender, he coulda been somebody, instead of a bum. 

1 hour ago, The Swan said:

Sorry but even at his best he would have been nothing more than a bench player. 

I never understood why we paid so much for him. 

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Agreed. Beyond the usual suspects who bemoan every possible signing with an Anglo surname, many thought he could be a useful part of the squad, especially reconnecting with Kante in midfield. I worried about the price (as I often do :biggrin:) but I don't I thought he would turn out this poorly. 

I think you're right that elite attitude is key and he sadly seems to have fallen short of that. Anyway to continue your On the Waterfront reference he coulda been a contender, he coulda been somebody, instead of a bum. 

When Chelsea go fishing prices tend to go up although our negotiation skills have improved lately. Both Marlon and Danny developed weight problems to continue our connection with On the Waterfront.

5 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

I couldn’t and I continuously stated this at the time. There were only a few on here who supported the move, most Chelsea fans knew he wasn’t Chelsea class and were proven correct. 

He was signed for a ridiculous amount because of nationality. Absolutely nothing to do with talent or being a good fit. 

The price and the contract were widely agreed as ridiculous but there was an argument the player himself could have done a job in Conte's system.

He was very good at moving the ball quickly in transition (a key component of a Conte team) and had a proven partnership with our best midfielder, it wasn't exactly reaching to say it could have worked. 

Although that said even if he did work he would have been out on his ear soon after as even an in form Drinkwater doesn't suit Sarri or Lampard.

• 1 month later...

Looks like he made an impact against Spurs under 23's getting a Red and sparking a mass brawl big Pete had to help calm down.

Chelsea came back from 0-2 to win 3-2.

The match detail suggests he kicked out after a foul rather than just fancied a kick at young player yet as a headline guess not attention grabbing enough.

Chelsea outcast Danny Drinkwater sent off for kicking 16-year-old Tottenham player as struggles continue (msn.com)

6 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Looks like he made an impact against Spurs under 23's getting a Red and sparking a mass brawl big Pete had to help calm down.

Chelsea came back from 0-2 to win 3-2.

The match detail suggests he kicked out after a foul rather than just fancied a kick at young player yet as a headline guess not attention grabbing enough.

Chelsea outcast Danny Drinkwater sent off for kicking 16-year-old Tottenham player as struggles continue (msn.com)

Danny just gets more and more embarassing. 

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Embarrassing? 

I think its the best thing he's done in a Chelsea shirt. That was an absolutely outrageous foul and the brat deserved a kick.

Personally I agree with you but he's the more experienced player here. Shouldn't have lost his head there. Spuds are always up for this c*nty bullsh*ts 

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Personally I agree with you but he's the more experienced player here. Shouldn't have lost his head there. Spuds are always up for this c*nty bullsh*ts 

Shouldn't have, but I get it. 

I watched the longer video on reddit. That brat had to be dragged away from the ref by Petr cech when he got sent off. He also rolls around like a prick. Hope his career in football dies a quick death as he seems like a right twat. 

Drinkwater lashed out, shouldn't do it. But I can forgive it, any player in his situation knows a leg break is the end of their career. No question. 

Edited by bisright1
30 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Shouldn't have, but I get it. 

I watched the longer video on reddit. That brat had to be dragged away from the ref by Petr cech when he got sent off. He also rolls around like a prick. Hope his career in football dies a quick death as he seems like a right twat. 

Drinkwater lashed out, shouldn't do it. But I can forgive it, any player in his situation knows a leg break is the end of their career. No question. 

Totally agree with you there! The little c*nt even tried to pick a fight with the ref afterwards. Hope he never becomes a footballer

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/01/18/drinkwater-departs-on-loan?cardIndex=0-0

Danny Drinkwater has moved on loan to Kasimpasa until the end of this season.

He joins the Turkish side having made 23 appearances for Chelsea so far, scoring one goal, with his last first-team appearance for the Blues coming in the 2018 Community Shield.

Since then the midfielder has spent time on loan in the Premier League with Burnley and Aston Villa, but now moves to the Turkish top flight with Kasimpasa, who are currently sat in mid-table in the Super Lig.