Ethan Ampadu

BelgradeCFC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks really solid. If he can learn Fabregas' technique on the ball, he'd be Xabi Alonso-esque. If he can continue to progress, he'll be ready in a couple years time at the top level.

Surprised that he can control the tempo of the game for a bit. The weight of his long balls needs a bit of work

10 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Looks like a classy player, reminds me of Busquets. (less of a c**t tho)

Love how comfortable he is at passing the ball at a long range. Very rare you get players as good as he is at that age, but it's now up to him to develop and us to give him the chance, definitely promising. 

12 hours ago, Slojo said:

Love how comfortable he is at passing the ball at a long range. Very rare you get players as good as he is at that age, but it's now up to him to develop and us to give him the chance, definitely promising. 

Conte has clearly seen something he likes. If Conte does stay in the long run i see a bright future for him, if not then i imagine he'll drift into the Chelsea youth void. 

• 1 month later...

In a way i think the way he's been scrutinized in some areas shows how good he is, most times a 17 year old plays at senior level the tinest little thing has us doing butterfly's, for example McEachran was declared the 2nd coming of jesus christ for as little as a pass back to the keeper. Instead we are legit holding him to the standards of a senior pro already, he probably won't ever be one of the very, very best but his mental ability is unreal and thats why he has this chance at such a young age.

On a separate note he's from my area of England (Devon, south west) and there's very few full time footballers from our area let alone Chelsea level one's and he has been quite a hot topic of convo even from supporters of our rivals.

For a 17 year old, very very good.

Looked a bit nervy on the ball at first and only passed sideways. Became a bit more positive as the game wore on, but there were still a few occasions on which the ball was passed back to him and a Luiz/Christensen would have sent it forward rather than passing it back to the keeper.

Defensively was outstanding, early nerves showed with the yellow card challenge but settled well thereafter apart from one rash moment where he charged in and completely missed the ball, but Rudiger covered well.

Looking very good for the future!

Archived