coco

Chelsea Vs Man Utd (PL) Sun Nov 5th 2017 16:30 UK

I still have nightmares of that FA cup game where Lukaku tore our defence apart and scored twice. With him, Matic and Mata all playing for Utd now, you just know at least one of them is going to score.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

True, but winning headers is only one part of his job today. If we are going to get anything out this then we are going to need those defenders to move the ball out of defence with confidence. If we start panicking with United closing us down high up the pitch, then winning headers is going to be the least of our problems.

Don’t think Utd will come planning the high press which is maybe what Conte is thinking.

I dont understand why Luiz isnt even on the bench.  I understand being benched but being taken out of the SQUAD??  I hope Contes ego isnt his downfall. Lukaku will definitely rape Christensen. Our line up is so short compared to Man u's Giants

Luiz can’t be a marker as it showed in a flat back four. Which is why he played middle of the three to float and cover. His knee was heavily strapped on Tuesday so will wait to see about rumours of s falling out.

On 3. marraskuuta 2017 at 22:02, The Don Antonio said:

Forgive me for not being confident - I really hope we win, I hope we thrash them off the park. And maybe the media and results all going against us, and the shock of defeat midweek, will spur us on to get a famous victory. That's the only hope I have right now.

But Cahill is definitely starting. Which for me always makes it 1-0 to the opponent before kick off. Every time I see his name on the team sheet I despair and fear for the result - and it's justified.

Honestly, Conte's determination to stick with Cahill, who is clearly not in our best back 3 (I'd say even Christensen starts above him), is becoming akin to Jose's stubborn faith in Ivanovic when he was clearly past it, and it's costing us goals. 

The stats back up this argument conclusively. 

Of the 11 games he has played this season, we've only kept clean sheets in 2. And one was against Quarabag. We've conceded 20 goals in those games.

We conceded 2 to Crystal Palace (who can't score for toffee right now), 2 to Watford & 1 to Man City in the league (plus the 3 in the game he was sent off, Burnley), 1 to Arsenal in the community shield, 1 to Forest and Everton each in the league cup. Plus 3 to Roma twice.

In 11 games he has started we have conceded 17 goals, 20 including Burnley when he wasn't on the pitch. That's 2 per game when he is in the team.

In the 5 games he's not played, all in the PL, we've conceded a grand total of 2 goals. That's about 0.5 goals a game without Cahill. And that includes Tottenham away, Everton at home (when they were in good form going into that game), and Leicester away (when they were scoring goals for fun). 

He should not be in the team, yet alone be captain. The real captain, and organiser of our defence, is Dave. Whenever he goes to RWB our defence looks disorganised, and leaderless. 

So sadly I expect us to concede at least one, possibly two on Sunday, Lukaku and Matic most likely, and Matic to get MOTM and everyone say why we shouldn't have sold him. If Cahill plays, and especially if Kante doesn't play, that's the most likely outcome sadly.

If Cahill doesn't play, Kante plays, and Dave plays RCB, then we have a chance. 

Maybe you should send this analysis directly to Conte. He and his team obviously can not make one.

2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

What is ur problem ???  Just my opinion no need for bad vibes STRANGER

I mean that this is a good analysis showing Cahill should not be starting, yet he is on the pitch again.

I just saw something very interesting, Mou was shaking chelsea player hands as they came out, everyone including Fab who was meant to be the problem, then him and Hazard ignored each other, that's quite telling.