Sign in to follow this  
evissy

Our new technical director is...

Clickbait... It is just an article that this guy Oliver Harbord posts via Twitter. If the link itself is dangerous I can take it out of the post.

I just made the thread to discuss about the clubs future.

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

Clickbait... It is just an article that this guy Oliver Harbord posts via Twitter. If the link itself is dangerous I can take it out of the post.

I just made the thread to discuss about the clubs future.

Lol I'm just ribbing you about the thread title. Thought someone had been named but its just speculation

Carlo is a world-class coach, and I'm sure people would be stunned if he came and settled down here as Director (very bloody unlikely anyway) 

But even then I'm not sure I would want that, if I know anything Carlo is for the short term, always has been. One thing we can give praise to the board of Emenalo was he invested in youth and it's why we have a lot of good players right now in their primes who've been here for at least 3 years. 

I hope we do get a replacement and I hope it is someone with a good reputation in Europe who can attract players to the table. I believe consistency at that level is good so managers are not the best to recruit and Marina has enough on her plate already on the commercial side. 

Problem is I cannot think of who that person would be. Pirlo and Lampard are not that person. Ballack would be an interesting choice, he loves the club and is based in London already. His media work doesn't seem too heavy and he is extremely well respected in the game. 

I think Lampard's reputation, intellect and commitment to Chelsea would make him an excellent technical director. He could actually manage any job but this would probably be good for him. He knows the game and is probably held in high regard throughout the game.

Didier has talked about becoming a technical director in the future and he sees himself as one rather than a manager. However I can’t see it happening, too early. 

Whoever it is, needs to be good at scouting and identifying potential in players. It’s actually a very difficult job. As great as it would be to have him back in the club, Lampard has not proven in any way that he can identify talent and scout players. 

Edited by JM7

8 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Whoever it is, needs to be good at scouting and identifying potential in players. It’s actually a very difficult job. As great as it would be to have him back in the club, Lampard has not proven in any way that he can identify talent and scout players. 

Well...no, our scouts are already in place & they report to the TD. I do agree that the TD's job is a difficult & constantly demanding job though & I can totally understand & sympathise with Emenalo's stated reasons for resigning - especially given the constant managerial flux at Chels! And I wouldn't discount Frank's abilities as you do - he is very intelligent & as a player he was peerless in reading the game in terms of space & timing. Also, as a stepping stone to upper management I feel that being given a chance to be a TD first would only serve to compliment one's abilities as a manager later on.

ballack would be an amazing choice imo. he's similar to Beckham in a way as everyone in the game respects him  which would give him a great footing. 

the problem with lamps is he doesn't come across as anything other than a nice punditry kind of guy.

Carlo is to big a name/manager who imo could end up clashing with the managers.

surprising no one lined up and timing at mid season - so was ME nudged, or maybe something else going on?

I think club are unlikely to go for someone not already in the role somewhere, and critical whoever it is Roman likes/respects

As a long shot, what about wenger......................not a joke

or Avram Grant

or RDM

9 hours ago, Argo said:

Lets stop with these romantic ideas of former player's, how many are even remotely qualified for the role? 

To be completely honest ME himself wasn't when he got appointed.

Lets stop with these romantic ideas of former player's, how many are even remotely qualified for the role? 
Former Nigerian international had the job for 10 years. I think Lamps would be. He needs assistance but who wouldn't.