Guddy to the Mancs?

yuliastar

Its not like Guddy has had the most brilliant of seasons at Barca, and Sir Rednose was always interested in him...

Not the most credible of rumours, especially since Eidur's dad has apparently heard nothing, but still something to think about.

Personally, I would hate for us to have to play ManU with Guddy in the team.

What do you think?

Manchester United Showing Renewed Interest In Eidur Gudjohnsen

I can't really see it either, or at least I try not to. But Sir Rednose has always liked Eidur.. and Barca has more than enough strikers. I just know though that Guddy would be a real problem playing against us, as he proved well enough playing for Barca, but probably even more so were he to play for the stupid mancs.

maybe we should just buy him back icon_wink.gif

He would never be 'dead' to me, as much as seeing him in red would be really, REALLY hard to take.

He gave us years of good and sometimes great service, and only left as he was plainly not in Jose's preferred starting eleven -can't really balme him for that. Eidur at his best was a joy to watch (please see L**ds bicycle kick for one of many examples)

Still, this is clearly all bollocks, so let's not get too worried eh? icon_redface.gif

Where there's smoke, there's fire....

And though he will never be dead to me, and will forever remain one of my all-time favourite players, this will be painful at best.

When he went to Barca I was crushed, seeing how much I hate the team, but I could appreciate that he was going to one of the best teams in Europe... And it was a La Liga side.

However, Guddy playing against us in the Premiership will be very, very bad. His goal against us for Barca was bad enough.. How bad would it be if it became more possible and more regular?

I shudder.

Buy him back I say icon_wink.gif ! Him and Sheva together would be amazing, and its no secret we need some attacking options since we only have two out and out strikers.

Maybe I'm just living in the past... icon_rolleyes.gif

but then, he is "nothing too special" as it stands anyway.

haha i know what i said, doesnt change the fact that he still used to be a huge part of our team and no matter what he still has sentimental value, can't deny his inconsistancy though...and if he went to United it would be a slap in the face IMO icon_razz.gif

If Eidur went to Manu he would play in the role that Fergie has never filled since Cantona left. If you think he can't play football just watch the game last season (or the one before) when we played away to Charlton and beat then 4-0 (I think). He was the player everything went though and was superb that year. He left due to the fact he wasn't going to make alot more 1st team appearances this season, as told by the manager, when having Sheva forced upon him, and lets be fair if Jose was supposed to be working on a budget do you think he'd have made Shaeva top of his hit-list for that price, when he'd only played 1 up front for the past 2 seasons. If Eidur would have parteneted Drog's this season, knowing he was almost first choice, as Andre is, I think we'd have seen a different player, and a great partnership. Imagine/or remember that season he played up front with JFH, it would be the same but having a 'jimmy with workrate' something the real one has never done!

But saying that I knew it was his last season last year as he walked around the pitch in tears. He was part of the club, I'd only add JT and FL to that list from the current team and it was sad to see him go.

I remebr when we'd love to play aginst Barca, let alone sign a player off them, but when they sign someone you have 'let go' you know you've hit the big time, and you know they don't sign sh*te!!

Eider was class for Chelsea, and is a class player, and a class fella, I'd hate to see him in red, as I did in a Barca shirt but he will never be dead in the eyes of a true Chelsea fan!

Buy him back I say icon_wink.gif ! Him and Sheva together would be amazing

Err where would you put Drogba?

Well, we need more than two strikers IMO. People do get injured, are off-form, etc. etc.

I agree wholeheartedly with Bluenut. If Eidur had a proper run of games he would be a different player.

Shame to see him in red, even worse than Barca.

True Blue Chelsea boy, he is.

so if he leaves barca he can't go to arsenal, tottenham, man utd, liverpool without chelsea fans hating him for it? in england there aren't any big or good clubs left. everton? not very fair, especially when you take into account that he didn't feel appreciated in his last season with chelsea. he doesn't want to play in italy. spain, always an option.

i don't know if he leaves. it depends on if barca want to keep him, if rikjaard stays, what the new manager thinks, etc. but he's done a fine job for the club; eleven goals.

Well, Eidur and his father (his agent) aren't exactly denying these rumours, just saying that they haven't heard anything and that Eidur's happy at Barca. Definitely better than nothing though!

If Eidur must leave Barca, it better to Chelsea.