Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sounds like Bayern have some pretty serious interest in Pepe - so while it would be unfortunate for us to miss out on him, perhaps if Bayern buy him, it would cool their interest in CHO.  They would then have Pepe, Gnabry, Davies, and Coman for wingers.

20 hours ago, RMH said:

Southgate should be sacked if he doesn't play him.

Meh, if Southgate doesn't play CHO at least he can honestly look into the cameras during the press conference and say "Hey, I have wide attacking players whose form justify picking them ahead of Callum".....

Or who knows, maybe he'll say England need to sell... sorry, I mean renege the citizenship of a couple wingers before he can play Callum because the manager apparently doesn't actually pick the squad he just reads out the team the dressing room picked....

On 18/03/2019 at 22:02, axman2526 said:

We need to. Am far more concerned about losing him than Eden.

If that means sacking Sarri and hiring someone who will play this lad, Ampadu and RLC so be it.

I'm more concerned about losing him than Hazard too. No doubt Hazard is in a different league in terms of ability right now, but Hudson-Odoi should be our future and I have already accepted that Hazard is gone now. Losing the pair of them would awful for the club.

57 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm more concerned about losing him than Hazard too. No doubt Hazard is in a different league in terms of ability right now, but Hudson-Odoi should be our future and I have already accepted that Hazard is gone now. Losing the pair of them would awful for the club.

It would and sadly is what I expect.

6 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Name another player that gets a cap for England before he gets a league start, you bet the pressure to start him is now huge

It’s not huge though, Sarri will not buckle, he’s far too stubborn and set in his ways to let an England appearance change his views.

Sadly CHO will continue to sit out league games while we have Sarri.

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

It’s not huge though, Sarri will not buckle, he’s far too stubborn and set in his ways to let an England appearance change his views.

Sadly CHO will continue to sit out league games while we have Sarri.

Fear not, i believe Sarris time is on the borrowed side of Brief

3 hours ago, charierre said:

No excuses for Sarri to continue picking his underperforming players. 

There is.  I think it may be less likely Sarri plays him now.  If he does, he'll look like he is caving to the pressure to play him more, that we were right and his theory that he should wait because he's only 18 years old will not be taken seriously.  It's so clearly obvious how good he is and if Sarri still thinks CHO is 3rd choice behind Willian & Pedro, then he's not the smart coach he is reported to be.

We have 8 games left. Bookies put us at a 33% of making the top 4. 

For argument's sake, let's say starting CHO lowers those chances to 25% (I think it would be around the same, but let's go along with Sarri's thinking)

Even if we sacrifice say 10% of our top 4 chances,  I would give CHO a run of Premier League games NOW. Start him in 6-7 of our remaining 8. Start him in at least 1 of the Liverpool/Man U games. 

Worst case, he has a mediocre run, but at least we show him that we are committed to playing him next year. Give him the belief that his hard work throughout the season has paid off. Might just be enough to get him to sign that extension. 

Harry Kane in 2013/14. Was coming off a very mediocre loan at Leciester in 2012/2013. 3rd choice striker behind Soldado (26mill new signing) and Adebayor the whole season. Spurs had an ok season and ended up in 6th. Kane gets a run of 5 starts in their last 6 PL games. Scores 3 in 3. Makes a breakthrough and the rest is history. 

Edited by dustbin719

Apparently the youngest player to make his debut for England in a competitive international fixture !  18 years and 135 days. I haven't felt this chuffed to see a CFC youngster in an England shirt since Ray Wilkins back in 1976 ?

CHO should be starting EVERY game for us that he is fit for (and you could argue that even if he isn't fit he'd still be more productive than Willian and Pedro LOL).

Perhaps Sarri needs new glasses or something ...

The club is basically at the boy's mercy, he's getting advice from everyone from agent, pundits, International team mates, probably all of them telling him to abandon Chelsea and try something new. If he has any interest to re-sign, he'd have said or get his agent to say something by now. Another factor is who's going to be the manager next season, unless Sarri does a Uturn and start playing him every game.