Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 16/07/2019 at 12:32, Andy North said:

all parties know that if he doesn't sign in this window he will go for a free next year.

we'd be due £5-10m in compensation (amount decided by a tribunal) if he left. he's going nowhere on a free.

but i'm pretty sure he'll sign a new contract. i don't think he'll get more money elsewhere (from the sound of it we're offering silly money), and he's gonna be in our first team plans. that'll be enough.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The backtracking on this thread when the five year deal is announced will make for some amusing reading.

Not Cesc Fabregas leaked signing photos funny but maybe a close second.

No backtracking here.  If he signs, I'll be relieved.  I've not thought he seemed all that passionate about Chelsea, but if he signs, I'm happy to hold my hand up and say I was wrong.  

I think him leaving would have done our club more harm than good because of the message it would send to young players - those in our Academy and those we could look to sign when the ban is lifted.  If CHO, Mount, and RLC are all extended, that tells everyone that things have changed at Chelsea, and good young players see their futures here.

1 hour ago, mojo said:

eat sh*t you f**king scum

The threat we posed from corners was immense and what a header that was, not many people in the world can head a ball like that. 

Now corners are like having a throw in ok we will take the ball but don’t expect fireworks 

2 hours ago, Ready Player One said:

we'd be due £5-10m in compensation (amount decided by a tribunal) if he left. he's going nowhere on a free.

but i'm pretty sure he'll sign a new contract. i don't think he'll get more money elsewhere (from the sound of it we're offering silly money), and he's gonna be in our first team plans. that'll be enough.

That’s correct if  he went to a team in England or Wales but to any other country the compensation is set in accordance with  FIFA directives. In effect it would amount to a few hundred K at most.

Odoi will end up signing a new deal. Probably for about £120k a week which is the kind of salary I wouldn't have got out of bed for as an 18 year old. My minimum was £125k plus 4 minutes with Bewitched.

Then he will be in and out of the first team as his form oscillates and some will question why we didn't punt him when Bayern's offer was at its peak because by then the transfer ban will be approaching its end.

Let's face it, he isn't the messiah, he is just a naughty boy! He clearly has potential but he also needs to balls up a bit and make his mark. He doesn't take players on enough, possibly due to following manager orders but sometimes a kid has to take the bull by the horns and ride it like Lindsay Lohan wet dreaming about a night with Russell Brand. Odoi doesn't do that enough and needs to do it more.

Truth be told he has potential but as stands he isn’t better than an ageing Pedro in terms of impact on a game RLC changes games CHO doesn’t.

He isn’t as special as what I think we are trying to convince ourselves he is, for an 18 year old he is brilliant but how many brilliant 18 year olds have become nothing special and just fallen into obscurity? 

The demands it’s being said he is making are absurd, since when can an 18 year old demand playing time at a top club in his contract rather than play his way in?

I think we are more scared of the concept of letting another one go rather than CHO being this phenomenal player that we must have, Kennedy looked just as impressive when we bought him at 19 where is he now? 

If we cave to the demands and he flops we look like idiots if we let him go and he excels we look like idiots, I want to keep him but there are no guarantees he will be a top player let alone anything like hazards replacement. 

1 hour ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Truth be told he has potential but as stands he isn’t better than an ageing Pedro in terms of impact on a game RLC changes games CHO doesn’t.

He isn’t as special as what I think we are trying to convince ourselves he is, for an 18 year old he is brilliant but how many brilliant 18 year olds have become nothing special and just fallen into obscurity? 

The demands it’s being said he is making are absurd, since when can an 18 year old demand playing time at a top club in his contract rather than play his way in?

I think we are more scared of the concept of letting another one go rather than CHO being this phenomenal player that we must have, Kennedy looked just as impressive when we bought him at 19 where is he now? 

If we cave to the demands and he flops we look like idiots if we let him go and he excels we look like idiots, I want to keep him but there are no guarantees he will be a top player let alone anything like hazards replacement. 

I’m all for managing expectations but don’t think Kenedy wasn’t rated as high as CHO when he came to us. Most were puzzled as he was seen as a one footed pony. Even discounting an English optimism premium, I think a lot of people think CHO’s ceiling is higher. Hard to tell what that likelihood will be but wouldn’t it be nice if our academy boy comes good? It’s worth paying for some of that potential upside. By all means we can be irritated with him, but let’s not tear down our own just yet. He hasn’t acted that badly - we should have done better by him first half of last season, for starters, and there wasn’t a huge press tantrum (well, there was but I think it was more the press - and some of us supporters). 

Are you really blaming this kid for questioning our credibility of coming good on him? We´ve had 15 years of huge potential go down the drain. If I´m him and not playing like he was not last season under Sarri, note that when he did get on the pitch he did good. 

Now that Lampard is in and most probably assured him of what the plan is going to be for the future. We are hearing talks of imminent contract extension. Sure, he might be a bit over the top with the demands comapred to what he has brought to the table on the football pitch. But let´s not kid ourselves, our track record doesn´t put us in a position to set a standard, not yet at least.

9 hours ago, Soulo said:

Are you really blaming this kid for questioning our credibility of coming good on him? We´ve had 15 years of huge potential go down the drain. If I´m him and not playing like he was not last season under Sarri, note that when he did get on the pitch he did good. 

Now that Lampard is in and most probably assured him of what the plan is going to be for the future. We are hearing talks of imminent contract extension. Sure, he might be a bit over the top with the demands comapred to what he has brought to the table on the football pitch. But let´s not kid ourselves, our track record doesn´t put us in a position to set a standard, not yet at least.

He's put pressure on himself with his demands. If he signs,when given his chances he has to go out there and show he's worth what he's asked for, which he did not do in the league games he played. It wont be good enough to keep playing it safe moving inside looking for an easy pass, he's got to start taking on defenders!  A starting place is there for the taking and if he's as good as some think he is, then he should take Pedro or Willian's place by the end of the season. 

22 hours ago, loz said:

Odoi will end up signing a new deal. Probably for about £120k a week which is the kind of salary I wouldn't have got out of bed for as an 18 year old. My minimum was £125k plus 4 minutes with Bewitched.

Then he will be in and out of the first team as his form oscillates and some will question why we didn't punt him when Bayern's offer was at its peak because by then the transfer ban will be approaching its end.

Let's face it, he isn't the messiah, he is just a naughty boy! He clearly has potential but he also needs to balls up a bit and make his mark. He doesn't take players on enough, possibly due to following manager orders but sometimes a kid has to take the bull by the horns and ride it like Lindsay Lohan wet dreaming about a night with Russell Brand. Odoi doesn't do that enough and needs to do it more.

He didn’t really impress me as much as I’d hoped last year, especially after all the build up there had been, mostly on this forum from people who had seen plenty of him.

However I think lasts years manager did hold back his attacking side. I noticed numerous occasions when it looked more natural for a winger to push on to the byline but instead he checked back to play short square balls to continue our pass pass pass theme. Not easy for a teenager to take the bull by the horns against a manager such as Sarri especially as he had to wait a long time to get selected. 

He didn’t really impress me as much as I’d hoped last year, especially after all the build up there had been, mostly on this forum from people who had seen plenty of him.
However I think lasts years manager did hold back his attacking side. I noticed numerous occasions when it looked more natural for a winger to push on to the byline but instead he checked back to play short square balls to continue our pass pass pass theme. Not easy for a teenager to take the bull by the horns against a manager such as Sarri especially as he had to wait a long time to get selected. 
Pretty much agree goose. I thought he looked occasionally promising but, in equal measures, too negative and didn't take players on nearly enough. I do think some of that was due to manager's orders but I can't be so generous to put it totally down to that. I do hope he signs a new deal and gets a decent amount of playing time next season but I hope there is a degree of realism and patience amongst fans. He is still a kid and nowhere near a regular high performer yet.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:34, loz said:
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:05, goose said:

Pretty much agree goose. I thought he looked occasionally promising but, in equal measures, too negative and didn't take players on nearly enough. I do think some of that was due to manager's orders but I can't be so generous to put it totally down to that. I do hope he signs a new deal and gets a decent amount of playing time next season but I hope there is a degree of realism and patience amongst fans. He is still a kid and nowhere near a regular high performer yet.

Damn, that avatar of you is super spot on, Loz.