Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Quick google search says he is on £10.4 million a year. So £200k a week standard. 

No doubt he has performance related bonuses as well, such as being Utd's top scorer, making X amount of appearances etc. 

£300k probably isn't far off the mark all things considered.

I meant the fact he's on so much whilst being so young and so mediocre, not that he isn't. 

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

He wasn't even all that then.

After those first two games in the Europa and against Arsenal he scored 4 goals in 16 games.

Doesn't help that he's been shifted out on to the wing, but he really has looked poor. Good job he takes most of Utd's penalty's and freekick's to boost his stats a bit. 

15 hours ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Bruder, this is number one bull....

Hahaha, "This is number one bull shiit!" Khabib. 

Yeah I definitely exaggerated, but he is on a ridiculous amount of wages for a player of his talent and age. When players like Rashford are on over 200k a week that sends a message. 

21 minutes ago, Argo said:

He wasn't even all that then.

After those first two games in the Europa and against Arsenal he scored 4 goals in 16 games.

One thing Mourinho looks like he was in the right on. Although I think he did look good in the LVG setup and some of his goals in the big games at that age is bound to give anybody some hype. But sometimes it just doesn't work out, like at Januzaj now or whatever his name is, he was the next big thing years ago, now he's playing for Real Sociedad. Rashford since that good season under LVG has done nothing since, he's a highly frustrating player, I don't even rate him in the England setup tbh. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He's been bang average since his breakout season, most Utd fans admit that and agree he needs to notch it up a level.

It wasn't meant as a compliment to him. He's been bang average. But he's not been sh*te. Few in that team can claim to be bang average!

43 minutes ago, Slojo said:

One thing Mourinho looks like he was in the right on. Although I think he did look good in the LVG setup and some of his goals in the big games at that age is bound to give anybody some hype. But sometimes it just doesn't work out, like at Januzaj now or whatever his name is, he was the next big thing years ago, now he's playing for Real Sociedad. Rashford since that good season under LVG has done nothing since, he's a highly frustrating player, I don't even rate him in the England setup tbh. 

I get the feeling with Rashford was that he was over-hyped and he believed it for a while yet a few seasons down the line under different managers and the more realistic situation is that he is not good enough to play as a lone striker yet may make it as a wide man in front three. I think he has realised this now too.  If I recall correctly Januzaj believed his own hype too although playing in the Liga is still a good level and of course he is capable of springing a surprise internationally especially against England. 

There is no comparison with Rashford. Ability-wise, CHO is streets ahead. Rashford is gifted with the right physical attributes but has a poor environment ie Man Utd post-SAF.

With the right environment, I believe Rashford might even be as good as Milner. CHO just needs the right influence around him and not someone like Lingard.

Best performance I've seen from him, he was outstanding. 

His vision, pace, delivery and trickery are incredible for somebody of his age already. Almost every ball he put into the box was a good one, he actually reminded me a bit of Hazard today whenever he got that ball on the left hand side, he caused problems. 

I was a CHO sceptic but today he did really well and can see so much talent in him I didn't get to see in PL games last week. What impresses me is he is looking now for an out ball, for a pass. Like Eden, he needs to get an aggression on him and look for goal but great talent and expect big things. 

i think for his age the thing that surprises me the most is his decision making and also his use of his skillsets in pace and dribbling.. Most young players want to beat the entire opposition team before releasing the ball .. with him its about the best option which will leave opposition players guessing.. especially the accuracy of his first time passes.. quality lad.. left wing for a decade..

He was great yesterday. What pleasantly surprised me yesterday was his vision and overall use of the ball. It’s also impressive how quickly he’s playing at such a high standard after the major injury he had. I‘d be surprised if he’s even back to 100% (mentally as well as physically) yet.

Edited by bluedave

I only caught the highlights looked like he has come on a lot.

He showed good long range cross pitch passing, good crossing ability and the awareness to find people in the box.

First match I have seen where I can see instead of just trying to score he has now imposed himself as a genuine player which should give him the chance to develop all that he can deliver. That could be special too.

Needs awareness of when he can make those shots cutting in from left, against a packed defence very tricky unless someone else's movement creates the space.

22 hours ago, Amputechture said:

He was excellent today. One thing I have noticed though is that he doesn't look quite as quick as he did before the injury. Is that something that is going to affect him long-term?

Probably a fraction slower, but even before the injury he never had the Sterling level pace to skin defenders with pure pace. More important than loss of a bit of pace is that he's got full mobility and agility back.

Best game yesterday! Good vision and surprisingly good long passes. Even tracked back and won the ball not far from our goal line.