Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On the other hand, this is a lot of money for a 18 year who certainly is no world beater yet. Defensively he lacks and off the ball he is not good enough yet. Sarri has already stated where he needs to improve. Going to Bayern, imo, isn't going to help his cause. However, the parents always know best. 

All speculation at the moment, but if the speculation is true, then it appears that we would only be doing the deal now, with him actually leaving in the summer.

If CHO is intent on leaving, then we need to do what we can to drive up the price. I would say we do a deal with Bayern (for a little 5 mill sweetener) to allow them to have first refusal in the future summer transfer window. Meaning if they match the highest bidder then they can buy him.

Then, in for the remainder of the season we need to play CHO as much as possible this year in the hope that a) it convinces him to stay or b) drives his price up by starting a bidding war. We can even refund the 5 mill to Bayern if he signs a new contract.

Fantasy and speculation...

..but so is the rest of this thread at the moment. 

45 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I would agree that both CHO and Pulisic are unproven, however, Pulisic is certainly more proven than CHO and it's understandable that he would cost more at this point.

CHO is a World cup winner at U17 level, along with x2 youth FA cup winners, thats more proven than Pulisic imo.

Okay, so the reports from Germany are that CHO is leaving in the summer. So why do we insist on playing him and why do we talk him up in the press conferences? Enough of the lying & he shouldn’t be playing if he wants out, unless this is all nonsense from ze German press.

16 minutes ago, coco said:

CHO is a World cup winner at U17 level, along with x2 youth FA cup winners, thats more proven than Pulisic imo.

Fair enough, but at the first team level, Pulisic definitely is more proven.  I do think that CHO has more potential and will end up being the better player.

11 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Fair enough, but at the first team level, Pulisic definitely is more proven.  I do think that CHO has more potential and will end up being the better player.

More?

Pulisic has 100 games at top flight. He's far and away a proven player and ticks every box our scouts look for.

We all think CHO will be a better player, but there's scant evidence to say he definitely will. 

However, if we decide to say CHO is worth 60m then I'll be fine with that. 

28 minutes ago, benjsross said:

More?

Pulisic has 100 games at top flight. He's far and away a proven player and ticks every box our scouts look for.

We all think CHO will be a better player, but there's scant evidence to say he definitely will. 

It isn't about how many games he's played, or how many assists. It's about the talent. If you don't see it then I don't know what else to say.

Edited by the special one

5 minutes ago, benjsross said:

More?

I'm confused about what you are questioning here?

I said Pulisic is more proven currently, but that i believe CHO has more potential.  Literally the same thing you went on to say after questioning my statement.

Just now, forbzy said:

The possible transfer ban no doubt factors in too. If we are unable to bring in replacements for a few windows we need to consider that in any decisions to let players leave

Getting a bit ridiculous now, Fulham were linked with the trio of Cahill, Moses & Drinkwater earlier in the day. Where do we stand with the homegrown rules if Fàbregas leaves? I would think we would either need to replace him with an homegrown player, or take a foreign one off.

2 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I'm confused about what you are questioning here?

I said Pulisic is more proven currently, but that i believe CHO has more potential.  Literally the same thing you went on to say after questioning my statement.

I'm just saying you're undercooking it. Pulisic is definitely more proven. 

Some posters here have a very distorted view on players value. 

5 minutes ago, benjsross said:

I'm just saying you're undercooking it. Pulisic is definitely more proven. 

Some posters here have a very distorted view on players value. 

Undercooking it by saying Pulisic is definitely more proven?  C'mon now.  You've essentially copied and pasted my words, we're saying the same thing.

There is certainly an argument to be had that CHO has more potential than Pulisic.  He's 2 years younger and hasn't had his shot yet, so we don't know for sure.  I'm just of the opinion that he will, when it's all said and done, be the better player of the 2.  I also think Pulisic can be a really good player, though.

Edited by mwblue10

8 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Undercooking it by saying Pulisic is definitely more proven?  C'mon now.  You've essentially copied and pasted my words, we're saying the same thing.

There is certainly an argument to be had that CHO has more potential than Pulisic.  He's 2 years younger and hasn't had his shot yet, so we don't know for sure.  I'm just of the opinion that he will, when it's all said and done, be the better player of the 2.  I also think Pulisic can be a really good player, though.

He's on your side mate. 

If it is in regards to a deal to him leaving in summer, I would rather we just get rid of him now. I don't like the idea of keeping him along with us knowing he is leaving. I have stated several times anyway, that I was pretty sure he was leaving and the exact reasons and looks like that is becoming a reality now. Unfortunate and another one you will be hearing about all the time as he is only going to go from strength to strength and if he moves as expected, he is going to turn to a world class player. This is actually hurting me more than all the other players we have seen leave before.