enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Apparently the Bayern sporting director has publicly stated that they want him.

This is really starting to piss me off. How totally unprofessional can you be as a club? Most clubs say they won’t talk about our clubs players but Bayern think it’s acceptable? I never really had an issue with them before but this is a very poor show from them. They’re effectively tapping him up in the media.

20 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Apparently the Bayern sporting director has publicly stated that they want him.

This is really starting to piss me off. How totally unprofessional can you be as a club? Most clubs say they won’t talk about our clubs players but Bayern think it’s acceptable? I never really had an issue with them before but this is a very poor show from them. They’re effectively tapping him up in the media.

They been doing it for decades, Buyem Munich they're known as. But the young English kid at BD lit up the league, and now Buyem want to come shopping in England, with their usual Bavarian sense of humour. Chelsea should just slap down an offer he cant refuse, SNELL SNELL !

There is an offer on the table for him but he won't sign it so really it's about how much we will get if his mind is made up.

The only other thing we can do is keep playing him and hope that makes him change his mind.

19 minutes ago, Stim said:

He got asked directly about him and gave the generic fluff answer

There’s many, many managers etc. Who are directly asked questions about players and they simply stated that they’re not going to talk about another clubs player. 

‘He’s a player who we have great interest in’

‘In my opinion he’s a player who would fit in well at our club’ 

These aren’t comments that I’d say were generic fluff answers. Quite specific actually.

We’ll need to wait and see what happens but I still think it’s poor for clubs to talk about other players.

This whole situation has been handled horribly. We have an outrageous talent on our hands with a contract due for expiry in 18 months, if he was getting played week in week out as he deserves to, do you think he will be hesitating to signing a new contract? Probably not. Selling now to Bayern will be a terrible bit of business, if we play him for the rest of the season, hopefully that will be enough to convince him to sign in the summer, if he doesnt i am sure we will be able to sell him for more by then. But knowing the club we will either sell him and watch his value climb or let him see out his contract on the bench watching Willian and Pedro put lacklustre performances in ahead of him.

10 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

There is an offer on the table for him but he won't sign it so really it's about how much we will get if his mind is made up.

The only other thing we can do is keep playing him and hope that makes him change his mind.

We don't have to sell him though, do we? Not until summer anyway when there'll be still another year left on his contract. Between now and June a lot of games left to play and a lot of things can happen. He's just 18, I'm sure his mind can be changed if he sees real future at Chelsea and gets to play regularly these next few months.

6 minutes ago, abramovich said:

We don't have to sell him though, do we? Not until summer anyway when there'll be still another year left on his contract. Between now and June a lot of games left to play and a lot of things can happen. He's just 18, I'm sure his mind can be changed if he sees real future at Chelsea and gets to play regularly these next few months.

Play him most games, including big games. Then we have a chance of fourth place, CL next season, then things look different.

17 minutes ago, abramovich said:

That's the ideal solution but we know how our club works and if they see a big offer for him and fear we could lose him for nothing then I think we all know the outcome of that and it's not the one above.

41 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

if they see a big offer for him and fear we could lose him for nothing then I think we all know the outcome of that and it's not the one above.

Well that's stupid if we do. Come the summer we could still sell him, if we wanted. Absolutely no reason to sell now.

Posted (edited)

I've checked other forums for Bayern supporters and supposedly they've never spoken about a player like this when they he isn't   bought after.  

Otherwise no need to be so public about that 

Edited by MANoWAR

1 minute ago, MANoWAR said:

I've checked other forums for Bayern supporters and supposedly they've never spoken about a player like this when they he isn't   bought after. 

My thoughts exactly... the words from a man who has already made the deal. Might be done for summer already. I'd LOVE to be wrong and CHO re-signs after a good run of games second half of the season. The bar has been set so low, that really, he can't do any worse than what we've seen so far.

52 minutes ago, Sindre said:

He's talked to Rudiger for advice about playing in Germany according to Simon Johnson with Standard.

Not sure how journalists would know this lol

2 hours ago, coco said:

Play him most games, including big games. Then we have a chance of fourth place, CL next season, then things look different.

In one year can change everything. No sell ! Not for 40 milllions neither for 100 millions.

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

That's the ideal solution but we know how our club works and if they see a big offer for him and fear we could lose him for nothing then I think we all know the outcome of that and it's not the one above.

Why would we lose CHO for nothing if we still have him under contract until summer 2020? I don't see how his potential fee would decrease if he keeps playing until this June. The more exposure his talent will get, the more potential suitors it'll attract. So the way I see it, it's a win-win for us.

1. CHO keeps playing and helps us reach our goals this season.

2. Who knows, increased playing time, big contract, and fans' support may yet change his mind about leaving. Aging Willian and Pedro may very well be on their way out, and even Hazard is still a big doubt. So if he proves himself in the next few months he and Pulisic may be the starting wingers for the club next season and for many years to come.

3. If he still wants to leave, we can always sell him in the summer. Given how much money we wasted on average players in the last few years, I doubt we should worry about gaining/losing a few million pounds on CHO. Keeping him until the end of this season makes every sense for us.

2 hours ago, coco said:

Well that's stupid if we do. Come the summer we could still sell him, if we wanted. Absolutely no reason to sell now.

I don't think we will sell him this month due to numbers and options we need for domestic and EL , I think it will be for the summer.

Just now, abramovich said:

Why would we lose CHO for nothing if we still have him under contract until summer 2020? I don't see how his potential fee would decrease if he keeps playing until this June. The more exposure his talent will get, the more potential suitors it'll attract. So the way I see it, it's a win-win for us.

1. CHO keeps playing and helps us reach our goals this season.

2. Who knows, increased playing time, big contract, and fans' support may yet change his mind about leaving. Aging Willian and Pedro may very well be on their way out, and even Hazard is still a big doubt. So if he proves himself in the next few months he and Pulisic may be the starting wingers for the club next season and for many years to come.

3. If he still wants to leave, we can always sell him in the summer. Given how much money we wasted on average players in the last few years, I doubt we should worry about gaining/losing a few million pounds on CHO. Keeping him until the end of this season makes every sense for us.

I'm not talking about losing him this month, I was on about this summer. We wouldn't sell in January when we have no replacements in and we have a winger joining in the summer.

I would love him to stay I just believe his mind seems made up given how long he's stalled on the contract and with Bayern flirting with him in the media.

21 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

I'm not talking about losing him this month, I was on about this summer. We wouldn't sell in January when we have no replacements in and we have a winger joining in the summer.

I would love him to stay I just believe his mind seems made up given how long he's stalled on the contract and with Bayern flirting with him in the media.

I must have misunderstood. Yes, it does look like his mind is made up, but like you said, we probably won't sell him this month, anyway. At least, I hope we have enough sense not to.

I really can't get my head around why he'd want to leave. Everyone seems to think it's because he wont get the opportunities with us, but he's only 18 and has started our last 2 matches. Sarri has also stated that he's ready and level with both Pedro and Willian in the pecking order and I think there's a very good chance that he'll be our first choice right winger within the next couple of months. he fans and his teammates love him and he has a clear route to the first team - what more does he want? I feel like there's something sinister going on behind the scenes - maybe his family are pushing for a deal so they get their commission on the transfer. If I had the chance to play for Chelsea and help them win trophies I'd do it for free!