enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

1 minute ago, DannyVblue said:

I really can't get my head around why he'd want to leave. Everyone seems to think it's because he wont get the opportunities with us, but he's only 18 and has started our last 2 matches. Sarri has also stated that he's ready and level with both Pedro and Willian in the pecking order and I think there's a very good chance that he'll be our first choice right winger within the next couple of months. he fans and his teammates love him and he has a clear route to the first team - what more does he want? I feel like there's something sinister going on behind the scenes - maybe his family are pushing for a deal so they get their commission on the transfer. If I had the chance to play for Chelsea and help them win trophies I'd do it for free!

I've read that he is supposedly a Chelsea fan as well, and like you I am baffled that he would want to leave, if the rumours are true. In addition he only just turned 18 in November. Hopefully he will have the patience to stay, and is not influenced by outsiders.

7 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

I've read that he is supposedly a Chelsea fan as well, and like you I am baffled that he would want to leave, if the rumours are true. In addition he only just turned 18 in November. Hopefully he will have the patience to stay, and is not influenced by outsiders.

I have read that as well.  If he does want to leave, he is doing a damn good job of not showing it, considering his comments after Nottingham Forest about needing to work hard to get playing time.

15 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

I really can't get my head around why he'd want to leave. Everyone seems to think it's because he wont get the opportunities with us, but he's only 18 and has started our last 2 matches. Sarri has also stated that he's ready and level with both Pedro and Willian in the pecking order and I think there's a very good chance that he'll be our first choice right winger within the next couple of months. he fans and his teammates love him and he has a clear route to the first team - what more does he want? I feel like there's something sinister going on behind the scenes - maybe his family are pushing for a deal so they get their commission on the transfer. If I had the chance to play for Chelsea and help them win trophies I'd do it for free!

This all started before he had started 2 matches in a row so let's not pretend he was getting game time by the bucketload before the window opened. 

8 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

This all started before he had started 2 matches in a row so let's not pretend he was getting game time by the bucketload before the window opened. 

That's fair, I personally would have liked to see him get more minutes earlier in the season. At the start of the season he had 2 experienced proven premier league players in front of him, so it was always going to take a bit of time to try and win their spots in the team. He's now done a great job of doing that and is now starting games. The rumours aren't subsiding though, they are getting worse. Hopefully he keeps on playing regularly and signs a new deal with us. There is no way the club will accept an offer for CHO unless he tells them that he wants to leave. 

I don’t think he’ll leave but if that’s not the case, we don’t want a player who doesn’t want to play for us. It’s pretty sh*t actually considering how much the club would have invested in him. 

8 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

There’s many, many managers etc. Who are directly asked questions about players and they simply stated that they’re not going to talk about another clubs player. 

‘He’s a player who we have great interest in’

‘In my opinion he’s a player who would fit in well at our club’ 

These aren’t comments that I’d say were generic fluff answers. Quite specific actually.

We’ll need to wait and see what happens but I still think it’s poor for clubs to talk about other players.

ESPN has a video where the English translation reads “absolutely we want to sign him”, so I would agree that it definitely wasn’t generic fluff.

CHO has every right to be skeptical about his first team future at the club, whether he signs the extension or not. While I would love for him to stay (and still hope he does) I understand why he may have had his head turned by Bayern's interest.

2 hours ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Very good last night but he faded in the second half, especially after he went off.

:wink:

I actually think Callum has played his hand really well. Remember Sarri saying at the start of the season that CHO and Ampadu wouldnt play much - now all of the the sudden Sarri states publicly he is "ready" and on par with Pedro and Willian. He has used the interest from Bayern to increase his stock, and you can understand why given how RLC and others from the academy has been neglected in the past. I'm pretty sure he signs

As some here have already pointed out, it would be utterly stupid to sell CHO now. Put aside Chelsea / Homegrown / He's one of ours sentiment for now. From a purely business perspective, here are the possibilities if CHO doesn't sign in 6 months:

1) He plays regularly for the next 6 months. Does reasonably well, proving he is PL ready. Come summertime, he still refuses to sign (for whatever reason). Still with 1 year on his contract, if we list him for the current bid of 35m, there will be suitors. Possibly can ask for more given today's inflated prices for high potential youngsters.

2) He doesn't play at all in the next 6 months. Refuses to sign in the summer. Still with 1 year left, given previous hype, I would say you would get offers at 25m (30% discount). Might even have more than 1 interested party in the summer, which would increase the final price as well. If Bayern are interested now, there will be a market in 6 months time.

3) He plays regularly for the next 2-3 months. Does poorly and is benched. Or sustains a minor/medium injury and loses his place. Refuses to sign in the summer. Given his previous levels of hype, at worst, there will be interest at 20m (about 40% discount from current 35m).  This would be the perfect price for someone like Dortmund who can develop him in a slightly "easier" league, and then sell him on again for 60m+ 

4) He plays regularly and gets seriously injured (Ligament, broken leg) (knock on wood!!) In this case, he'll probably sign with us, or maybe even lose the Chelsea contract as well. It'll be a long road to recovery, but with his technique, even if he loses his pace, there's still a fine player there. May have to learn a new position. 

Scenario 1), if this happens, he most likely would sign with us anyways. And even if he doesn't, we're looking at the same transfer fee, or possibly more, than 35m

Scenario 2) I don't see this happening given our current Winger situation. Sarri also seems to have changed his tune, and I think we can all agree, would rather see CHO than Willian at this point. And if he really doesn't play, we're looking at a 10m "loss", which is nothing in today's transfer world. 

Scenario 3) This could happen. In my mind, a "loss" of 15m is worth the risk for a potential superstar level player

Scenario 4) The absolute worst case and probably what the club is most worried about. But you could say the same thing about every expensive signing we make. The only difference I can think of is that without an open market transaction record, perhaps insurance companies would only value CHO at a few million pounds vs 35m? Hence if he has a terrible injury, Chelsea would only get insurance payouts based off of a much lower valuation. 

If CHO refuses to sign in 6 months, scenarios 1-3 would still be considered a WIN by Chelsea in my book. Scenario 4 would be a LOSS, but with such a generational talent, risking 35m (aka 1 Thirsty Danny) seems like a no brainer to me. 

• Chelsea will report Bayern Munich to FIFA if they find evidence of an illegal approach by the Bundesliga club to Callum Hudson-Odoi, his family or his representatives.

5 minutes ago, robdog said:

In case no one has seen this video, here is Bayern's Sporting Director explaining why bayscum want CHO

That's the same video I saw.  What a prick.

1 hour ago, robdog said:

there is your reason why CFC are going to report bayscum to FIFA

I find it funny that they say "if there's proof".  That video should be proof enough that there has been some sketchy sh*t going on.

21 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I find it funny that they say "if there's proof".  That video should be proof enough that there has been some sketchy sh*t going on.

Now there is more proof of tapping up

I have to agree w/ the Club's stance, which is include a buy back clause - of course bayscum don't want to do that - they are basically doing like le voyeur did w/ Barca & hanging out at the CFC academy & trying to poach CFC youngsters

Chelsea are still considering Bayern Munich’s fourth offer for Callum Hudson-Odoi of £35m, having made no progress in their attempts to persuade him to sign contract. 

He is understood to be determined to leave, with a decision expected to be taken on Saturday (@ed_aarons)

4 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea are still considering Bayern Munich’s fourth offer for Callum Hudson-Odoi of £35m, having made no progress in their attempts to persuade him to sign contract. 

He is understood to be determined to leave, with a decision expected to be taken on Saturday (@ed_aarons)

f**k......lets hope thats BS. We really cant convince him to stay? Sadly this is all on us.....

The thing is he's probably looked at how well Nelson, Sancho (who recently spoke with him), Gnabry (when he's fit) and Lookman and seen how well they've done and much exposure they've gotten, and thinks that, if he's just as talented (or better) than them,  he might see a similar result. It's annoying that we never played him early on but even then, he's still just a youth player and will undoubtedly get a lot of game time with number of injuries that Chelsea is having atm. 

Edited by MANoWAR

He has a contract until June 2020. There are only two options for a club important like Chelsea.

1) He stays sad, poor and in the stands for one year and half.

2) He stays happy with a new rich contract , becomes an idol of Stamford Bridge and wins the Golden Ball within 3 years. 

Will be sad to see him go because I see another Salah KDB situation, he will be a world class winger but this is our fault for the constant manager swaps lack of consistency with youngsters and not giving them a chance and when we do immediately benching them if they make a mistake. We lost a good one here again.....