enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Well, you know it all.

Do you ever talk about football?  All I’ve ever seen from you is sarcy comments, or which coaching staff member is fit,  not even well thought out sarcasm that could be admired for wit just any opportunity to take a dig at someone who isn’t one of your forum mates, just stinks of someone who is bitter.

I understand you’ve been here a while and this is important in your bubble to your social standing somehow but just being nasty to people who have a different view is sh*t. 

It’s a football forum people should be able to talk about football and express their points of view without a bitter old battle axe being unnecessarily venomous. 

We have zero inside knowledge of what is going on with these negotiations. For all we know his family is on vacation and they handle his contracts. Maybe they do it next week or the one after that. It took some time for Mount to sign as well.

I think he will sign a 5 year deal. What better place and time to take the leading role at your parent club than now. This opportunity only comes to him this season.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:39, Gol15 said:

Hudson-Odoi can simply choose, either sign a new deal and be a part of the first team or hand in a transfer request and move to Germany or wherever.

He can become a legend of the club as he is a good talent and is from this very club, but if he sees no value in that, by all means make a career in Bayern, become a new Owen Hargreaves or whatever irrelevant inspiration there is to pick from. Maybe someone told him he'll be the new Robben there or Ribery and that's somehow very attractive to him.

Or he could simply run his contract down and get much higher wages next season from a new club that could afford to pay top money because they got him for free.

Its not a simple situation. There's huge speculation going on but the bottom line is that all parties know that if he doesn't sign in this window he will go for a free next year. The end of the window is looming and if he doesn't sign I suspect Chelsea will say OK we'll take £30m for him.

As a young player he is fantastic but he is also a huge risk. As far as I know the injury he has is very serious and could be a sign of future problems. It was strange how he picked the injury up and nobody knows if he'll end up like Sturridge or not. The risks are as high as the potential rewards. This could be why all parties are being extremely cagey.

17 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

But really, the only additional cost added here is the surgery itself and the surgeon.  He was getting paid during this time regardless of an injury, and the staff that have been in charge of his rehab are already employees of the club, so the cost of their role, the cost of the technology they use, the cost of their time - it's not a variable cost, just like his wages during this time.

We're getting no output from him though. Might be a fixed cost but its still a hindrance that we want some form of return from.

8 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Or he could simply run his contract down and get much higher wages next season from a new club that could afford to pay top money because they got him for free.

Its not a simple situation. There's huge speculation going on but the bottom line is that all parties know that if he doesn't sign in this window he will go for a free next year. The end of the window is looming and if he doesn't sign I suspect Chelsea will say OK we'll take £30m for him.

As a young player he is fantastic but he is also a huge risk. As far as I know the injury he has is very serious and could be a sign of future problems. It was strange how he picked the injury up and nobody knows if he'll end up like Sturridge or not. The risks are as high as the potential rewards. This could be why all parties are being extremely cagey.

Bayern aren't going to break their wage structure for an 18 year old just because they got him for free. 

He'll get far more money staying in the prem than he ever will at Bayern.

Bayern's highest earner is Lewa on £145k a week, That's about what we was paying for Cahill.

27 minutes ago, Andy North said:

The risk of offering RLC a contract is just as big and the decision to sign or not to sign is just as big to RLC as it is to CHO.  Every single Chelsea fan can see RLC loves Chelsea, while more and more are starting to question CHO. 

On 15/07/2019 at 11:38, ducavis said:

They do have Muller, Coman, Gnabry & Davies already on their books, can’t see him starting ahead of the former 3.

Agreed, BM will just get him as backup if he doesnt explode right away, which is why I don't understand him wanting to leave.

Doesn't change the fact that they desperately want a winger.

Bayern aren't going to break their wage structure for an 18 year old just because they got him for free. 

He'll get far more money staying in the prem than he ever will at Bayern.

Bayern's highest earner is Lewa on £145k a week, That's about what we was paying for Cahill.

Lol! You don’t actually believe Lewa is only earning a little over 7m/yr right?

Even Robben and Ribery on their veteran 1 yr deals were making more than that. Cmon man, Bayern may spend less than most big clubs but where do you think our revenue(which is only behind Barca/R.Madrid/ManU)is going? German sausages?

34 minutes ago, BavarianAfrican12 said:

Lol! You don’t actually believe Lewa is only earning a little over 7m/yr right?emoji23.png

Even Robben and Ribery on their veteran 1 yr deals were making more than that. Cmon man, Bayern may spend less than most big clubs but where do you think our revenue(which is only behind Barca/R.Madrid/ManU)is going? German sausages?emoji57.png

https://www.capology.com/club/bayern-munich/salaries

That's just what the first website i clicked said. 

Even still, CHO is going to earn plenty more money staying at Chelsea than he ever would in the Bundesliga. No other league can come close to what Premier League teams can pay except Real and Barca. 

Even still, CHO is going to earn plenty more money staying at Chelsea than he ever would in the Bundesliga. No other league can come close to what Premier League teams can pay except Real and Barca. 

Yea all I can say those salaries are garbage. Unlike American sports where player salaries are made public due to CBA, Football clubs in Europe do not have to be made public so it’s more or less pure speculation from the press.

However CHO’s issue probably isn’t a money one in my opinion since I think that could have easily been sorted out for a club like Chelsea.

Yea all I can say those salaries are garbage. Unlike American sports where player salaries are made public due to CBA, Football clubs in Europe do not have to be made public so it’s more or less pure speculation from the press. If we’re talking top earners at Bayern it wouldn’t be different from most big clubs with the lower end being 10/11m/yr and highest around 13/15m/yr.

However CHO’s issue probably isn’t a money one in my opinion since I think that could have easily been sorted out for a club like Chelsea.

1 minute ago, BavarianAfrican12 said:

Yea all I can say those salaries are garbage. Unlike American sports where player salaries are made public due to CBA, Football clubs in Europe do not have to be made public so it’s more or less pure speculation from the press.

I don't think there is an issue, i just think he'll sign the contract when he's fit again. He'll get more money and more playing time at Chelsea, i see no possible attraction to joining Bayern other than the easy competition in the league that can make him standout and help him sign for a bigger club a couple of years down the line.

I don't think there is an issue, i just think he'll sign the contract when he's fit again. He'll get more money and more playing time at Chelsea, i see no possible attraction to joining Bayern other than the easy competition in the league that can make him standout and help him sign for a bigger club a couple of years down the line.

Oh I’m just speculating, since even if Bayern are just being baited by CHO’s camp to improve his negotiating position he is still giving us some type of signal so the issue may or may not exist and I guess it’s just a waiting game now.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We're getting no output from him though. Might be a fixed cost but its still a hindrance that we want some form of return from.

That I can get on board with.  Albeit, with a slight counter - I think we are still getting a return through his image - marketing, promotions, etc.  But of course his biggest return would be actually on the pitch.

No major changes in the situation around Callum Hudson-Odoi. He is still very likely to sign a new Chelsea deal in the next few weeks. Final details being worked on. Bad news for Bayern, I'm told Lampard's agent not involved as has been suggested.

14 hours ago, evissy said:

We have zero inside knowledge of what is going on with these negotiations. For all we know his family is on vacation and they handle his contracts. Maybe they do it next week or the one after that. It took some time for Mount to sign as well.

I think he will sign a 5 year deal. What better place and time to take the leading role at your parent club than now. This opportunity only comes to him this season.

I think he will sign too it would be self defeating not to under the circumstances.

However to be fair his signature is one of our priorities you would think and if RLC and Mount just signed it’s obviously the time we are handling this kind of business, I couldn’t think of a reason we would prolong his and not theirs from our side, not injury...RLC is worse off.

Inside knowledge or not the facts are his brother agent is close with Bayern they have made offers so 1 of 2 extremely likely scenarios is he is seriously considering moving which I would doubt but not impossible or his brother is using the interest and our ban as leverage and the club and him are apart on wages/terms.

What else is a conceivable likely scenario?  That we just didn’t get round to it? I mean a lot of understanding what’s going on at a club is piecing things together from snippets of information and that’s sort of the purpose of a football forum.

I totally agree in normal circumstances not to jump to conclusions and assume well, but in this context no club ever comes out and tells you explicitly what’s going on behind closed doors, now this isn’t directed at you but this rhetoric of you don’t have inside knowledge therefore shut your face and trust explicitly in the board wouldn't leave us much to talk about would it?

I agree in not making wild assumptions or accusations but when something is quite apparent through the process of elimination people are going to form opinions.

You would have about 5 percent of the content we have currently on here if all guess work was taken away, it’s intrinsic to fan forums to try and piece together what’s going on behind the scenes. 

I’m anxious as everyone here for this to be done as well, and the awkward scenario as someone mentioned is what happens if at end of window no new contract. Do we invest in someone with 12 months left or convince through playing time (understanding it may take a few months to get back to 100%).  I’m trying not to be too hard on player and his brother since we haven’t treated youth well ourselves but it doesn’t feel good all around.

One idea that I don’t think we’ve ever done but I believe is the structure for young players at Barca etc is that if a certain number of appearances isn’t met the buyout clause is reduced. I don’t know what happens in injury situations but that may be a way to rebuild trust without ironclad guarantees on playing time. 

'There's two things, there's the football side which I'm completely involved in - and then making sure the contract is signed, which I'm not,' Lampard told Sky Sports News.

'So to say I'm confident would mean I know every side, I don't, I leave that to the club. What I do know is that the club want Callum to sign.

'Callum knows how I feel, I've spoken to him. I think he can be absolutely central to this team.

'We all care for the players at this club, particularly the young players - it's important I show that. Then the decision will be his and the club's together.'

:steaming:

I don’t think many are in that much doubt he will sign would be silly not to I think the issue is more stringing it out, we have no new players coming in can’t blame fans for getting a bit edgy on signing a top young talent to a long termcontract under the circumstances.

Add in the aggravating factor that his brother seems to be angling his Bayern connection to get a better deal, yes that’s his jobs, but you can understand fans frustrations. 

1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

Although it was refreshing to see likes of Mount and RLC sign new deals, they were rather expected. I think we can all agree that if CHO signs on, this will be the biggest relief and will be the biggest success in a transfer window where we can't make any transfers.