Callum Hudson-Odoi

3 hours ago, coco said:

Here's a bigger LMFAO !!

For the first 30 min? Yes, that's exactly how I felt and I will stand by that statement.

Did you think Chelsea was going to win that game 2-1? Most people here would have taken a draw and a point before Leno makes Kepa looks like a world class keeper.

You disagree?

7 hours ago, haviet1 said:

For the first 30 min? Yes, that's exactly how I felt and I will stand by that statement.

Did you think Chelsea was going to win that game 2-1? Most people here would have taken a draw and a point before Leno makes Kepa looks like a world class keeper.

You disagree?

Coco was actually one of the few people being positive so yeah he probably did, and he was right. 

But to get beat 3-0 or 4-0? Are you mad?? Yes we've been struggling but that's an insult, as soon as we changed formation Arsenal were no longer in the game, they had a good 30 minutes and that was it. 

Also, we were the better side for the last 60 minutes, look at the 2nd half stats Arsenal couldn't get the ball out their own half, we are the away side, what we did was impressive we deserved that win. Why try to undermine that just because Leno made a mistake? Emerson also made a horrible mistake and some of the worst defending I've ever seen for a Chelsea "defender", there's no need to downplay our victory, it was a well deserved win. 

Edited by Slojo
11 hours ago, Slojo said:

Coco was actually one of the few people being positive so yeah he probably did, and he was right. 

Am I glad Chelsea got the win and all 3 points? Absolutely!

Frankly, I love to see Chelsea win every games and play like they did earlier in the season. The recent run of games has been uninspiring to be honest, besides the Spuds game. 

And I'll leave it there, since this is the Callum thread.

The next Jesse Lingard. 
And there is nothing wrong with that. Getting squad players from the academy is a job well done. The problem is if you're either giving them undeserved minutes a la Mount or not properly strengthening the squad and continuing to gamble big on HG talent. Top 4 will be a lottery if that is the direction we're headed.

I'm actually not convinced that he is the same player that showed the early promise. And i don't think it is necessarily down to pocketing the big pay day and his brother overplaying his hand.

I think this injury may well have altered him and reduced one of the major tools he previosuly had. I rarely see him go blasting past players any more. I wonder if he has lost a bit off of his game which has also knocked his confidence.

He certainly doesn't look good enough for a run in the EPL at the moment.

57 minutes ago, venom2011 said:
1 hour ago, Droopy said:
The next Jesse Lingard. 

And there is nothing wrong with that. Getting squad players from the academy is a job well done. The problem is if you're either giving them undeserved minutes a la Mount or not properly strengthening the squad and continuing to gamble big on HG talent. Top 4 will be a lottery if that is the direction we're headed.

His forms being questionable lately but his effort is definitely not. The pressing and control over the ball - Mount is a key part and contributor to this team in that department. Hudson's entire body language, plays and behavior screams just another impudent, unproven, not deserving his money young English talent. 

10 minutes ago, Droopy said:

His forms being questionable lately but his effort is definitely not. The pressing and control over the ball - Mount is a key part and contributor to this team in that department. Hudson's entire body language, plays and behavior screams just another impudent, unproven, not deserving his money young English talent. 

I always love Mount's efforts, attitudes, and press. Even though he might not be the most qualified to lead the offense.

Control? He is almost never involved in the build-up phase and loses possession at the slightest nudge. The only regular player who statistically has worse control of the ball is Tammy - and in his case you make allowances for his position. Pressing, sure. But right now you may as well play Kante in that role and you'll receive exactly the same output.

Effort is great, but in the long run I want to see chances rightfully earned and quality prevail.
43 minutes ago, venom2011 said:

Control? He is almost never involved in the build-up phase and loses possession at the slightest nudge. The only regular player who statistically has worse control of the ball is Tammy - and in his case you make allowances for his position. Pressing, sure. But right now you may as well play Kante in that role and you'll receive exactly the same output.

Effort is great, but in the long run I want to see chances rightfully earned and quality prevail.

Agree, mounts best game for me was actually away against United first game of the season  Where we got hammered, that’s literally the best I’ve seen him over 70-80 mins he was immaculate and looked phenomenal he doesn’t look anything like that player as the season goes on 

Edited by I Am Gay 4 Diegod
1 hour ago, Droopy said:

Singling out his nationality, what are you, some right wing Bulgarian national ?

I noticed one thing he does very well, and he does it time and again, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees it. He makes a great long range pass to Willian from left to right, very elegant and precise, a thing of beauty. I just wish he did other things as well as that.

Edited by abramovich
8 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Are you living on planet earth.. what has he done to warrant starting for a top four premier league team ? A 25 minute cameo against arsenal where he didn’t lose the ball and didn’t do anything decisive either ?

A great cameo against Arsenal then chucked back onto the bench instead of being rewarded for it, not exactly going to motivate him is it. 

Patience ... he is 19 and coming off a nasty injury.. i think he still will make it .. he has the two things you cant coach a vision and technique.. he looks a little under confident for me currently and dont think he is fully trusting his body yet.. once that happens the real CHO will stand up.

He's giving the ball away in dangerous positions, that's what's worrying me with him. Lost the ball today that lead to the goal, it was so sloppy by him. And int he Arsenal game it was him losing the ball that lead to them being in our box again, just a minute before he won that header from Guendouzi that started the counter attack for the Tammy goal. 

Some things I've observed, he's careless, but that's to be expected at his age. 

Do I think hes a good prospect and has good potential? Yes

Do I think he was a bit overhyped come the end of last season? Definitely

People were talking as if he was the natural heir to Hazard.. Unfortunately that is not the case imo. Hazard is a generational talent, and I dont think CHO would come as good as Eden did. The way hes been playing since his injury hasn't been great either and doesn't warrant him a starting position, he has to improve. Good thing that hes still very young and has plenty of time to improve, even by the end of this season