enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Definitely did not put himself in a good situation and I really hope he didn’t rape her. If he did, that’s awful.

That being said, let’s hold off on the “we need to get rid” and jumping to other conclusions. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time a woman has accused a famous rich person of sexual assault in pursuit of financial gain and that could be the case here.

Either way, a bad choice by him to invite her over.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Some people think arrested means sentenced.

I don't think anyone on here thinks that. 

I think he should be suspended, with pay, until this is resolved. Doesn't mean I am assuming he is guilty. 

I was one of CHO's biggest fans, even after his injury when he's really done not much this season. But to do this 48 hrs before 'non contact' (lol) training was supposed to resume - even if you take out the seedy allegations, arrest and baled out the nick- its  just D-U-M-B behaviour. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt re the rape allegations and just suppose that the Brass in question is looking for an earner, do we really want this type of player at our football club ?  I say no more CHO in Chelsea blue, transfer him for being a fool around social distancing and recoup some of the silly money he's earnt, that apparently enables him to call up/ txt/ online chat gas cookers and invite them over in a lock down; and IF there's more to this rip up his contract a la Mutu.  

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I don't think anyone on here thinks that. 

I think he should be suspended, with pay, until this is resolved. Doesn't mean I am assuming he is guilty. 

That's very unfair and points guilt. You should only be suspended if remanded or when on trial. If everyone who gets arrested got suspended on full pay we would all be at it .

1 Arrest (play football) 

2 charge (only training)

3 trial (suspend)

4 sentence or release (sack or keep)

1 hour ago, coco said:

That's very unfair and points guilt. You should only be suspended if remanded or when on trial. If everyone who gets arrested got suspended on full pay we would all be at it .

1 Arrest (play football) 

2 charge (only training)

3 trial (suspend)

These sort of allegations are always a tricky situation. Every one is entitled to a presumption of innocence and these things are often messy around whether people thought consent was given/implied etc.

Not sure any of us should be making judgements until the facts of the case are known.

In any case he has been an idiot and he'll no doubt be disciplined for breaking the lockdown rules. It's not good news for him, the young woman involved or the club. Last thing we need is this cloud having over a potential race for fourth place and a summer where two wingers are likely leaving.

Very nasty business.

For what it's worth the Guardian doesn't mention anything about a rape accusation (yet); Matt Law in the Telegraph only has it as "a woman allegedly reported she was raped", with "on suspicion of rape" in quotation marks in the headline.

For the woman's sake, hopefully the source they have is incorrect. I also sincerely hope she is allowed to remain anonymous, particularly in a time when the press are parched for any real sporting news.

Remarkably foolish for Callum to have a guest at his house, particularly considering it was only two months ago that he himself had COVID-19, and how little we currently know about transmission and re-infection rates of the disease. Goes without saying that I hope the woman is okay - one of the few things the reports are consistent on is that an ambulance was required.

6 hours ago, coco said:

1 Arrest (play football) 

2 charge (only training)

3 trial (suspend)

It's an arrest for rape, so it's different. 

The club wouldn't play him until 4. I wouldn't play him until 4. I don't know what the difference between 2 and 3 is but he shouldn't be around the club.  

It's a distraction we don't need and are not obligated to put up with. CHO needs to realise at a minimum how close he is to his career being thrown away. 

2 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Very nasty business.

For what it's worth the Guardian doesn't mention anything about a rape accusation (yet); Matt Law in the Telegraph only has it as "a woman allegedly reported she was raped", with "on suspicion of rape" in quotation marks in the headline.

For the woman's sake, hopefully the source they have is incorrect. I also sincerely hope she is allowed to remain anonymous, particularly in a time when the press are parched for any real sporting news.

Remarkably foolish for Callum to have a guest at his house, particularly considering it was only two months ago that he himself had COVID-19, and how little we currently know about transmission and re-infection rates of the disease. Goes without saying that I hope the woman is okay - one of the few things the reports are consistent on is that an ambulance was required.

Its weird how its being reported, theres no consistency at all. The BBC (unsurprisingly) has gone with rape, some others have gone with illness, some have gone with breaching the lockdown and others have given no reason for his arrest.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Chelsea won't take that risk of playing a suspected rapist and the ongoing backlash. I am certain CHO won't be playing for us until this is finished and I suspect he will be suspended pending the outcome. 

Sunderland is a different team with different priorities. A global commodity like Chelsea fielding a suspected rapist is different to a club who are fighting to be in the PL each year. Losing CHO won't materially impact our results on the pitch, playing him would impact our revenue outside of football.

I could be wrong (can't be arsed to check the exact timelines) but i swear Real/Juve, PSG and Arsenal all kept playing CR7, Neymar and Van Persie respectively during rape allegations so I don't think playing until proven guilty hits a ceiling at not well known clubs.

For aslong as there's doubts about guilt he has to be treated the same regarding his squad place. Trials can take upto a year (could well take longer given the times we're facing right now) and we don't know the facts yet, let's say hypothetically this girl is a complete fantasist, a young man would have been robbed of a year of his career which at his age could be the difference between him being world class or just good.

Edited by Argo

Never ever put yourself in a situation where a woman can accuse you of rape, whether by malicious intent or accident. He did and that's bad enough, his advisers need to shake him up and knowing Ghanaian families the arrest is the easy part to this because I know his mom, dad, Aunties and Uncle's will be absolutely RIPPING him a new one.

I tried to find some reliable information about what happened yesterday but it's impossible. I found quotes of statements from the MET, one saying "arrested on suspicion of rape", the other just saying "arrested." with no mention of rape, and both quotes supposedly coming from the same person at the same time.

If there really was a rape accusation then I just hope it is all handled properly. The girl should be treated as a victim and have her privacy/dignity protected, and at the same time CHO should not be treated as a rapist until he has been convicted following a fair trial.

No matter what happens with the rape allegations, CHO is definitely guilty of breaching lockdown and should be disciplined for that by the club straight away. At the very least he's an irresponsible f**king idiot, at the worst he's a rapist, but for now we should hold judgment.

8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Never ever put yourself in a situation where a woman can accuse you of rape, 

So basically give up your life.

31 minutes ago, Argo said:

I could be wrong (can't be arsed to check the exact timelines) but i swear Real/Juve, PSG and Arsenal all kept playing CR7, Neymar and Van Persie respectively during rape allegations so I don't think playing until proven guilty hits a ceiling at not well known clubs.

For aslong as there's doubts about guilt he has to be treated the same regarding his squad place. Trials can take upto a year (could well take longer given the times we're facing right now) and we don't know the facts yet, let's say hypothetically this girl is a complete fantasist, a young man would have been robbed of a year of his career which at his age could be the difference between him being world class or just good.

Different time, different clubs. I can't see CHO playing for us whilst he is awaiting trial for rape, it would create a bit of a sideshow we would want to avoid.

I'm so pissed off about this I personally want him out the club but I know that's now impossible unless he's convicted because of the stupid amount of money we had to throw him. There's no doubt in my mind he's done something incredibly stupid and considering how he's performed and behaved over the past 12 months I don't believe he is ever going to be a top level footballer. 

How is not putting yourself in a position of being accused of rape giving up your life? He's a milti-millionaire young footballer who should know he will be under extreme scrutiny. He should also know that and understand that he will be a target for "some" unscrupulous behaviour by certain types of women so make sure you are never in a situation where your name and rape is mentioned worst being arrested for it.

Growning up in East London Hackney, I was a wild boy all over London with ladies and I mean that in the nicest way. But I have never ever been accused nor any of my friends of rape.

I don't play that game, I already have hurdle's to climb because of who I am I don't need bricks walls being put up in front of me.

Disappointed he's been even put in this situation.

Also did he ever think this could also be a setup to get him robbed by road man's, do you know how many of these girls work with criminals to setup wealthy men to get robbed for jewellery and watches especially in London.

Also hope the girl is okay wasn't hurt and is just young people squabble i.e they had a argument absolutely nothing physical and a big misunderstanding.

29 minutes ago, coco said:

While not all women are lying and manipulative, and I am certainly not saying that in this case, and while the MeToo movement is around, I would say a big fat 'Yes' give up women and join 'MGTOW' .   If you don't protect yourself today when dating a woman, then expect the worse case scenario to be around the corner when things don't go according to her plans.........trust me from first hand experience, your reputation will be in tatters, your life turned upside down and even when it all turns out to be a big fat lie, her life carries on while yours still remains tarnished for many years to come.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Never ever put yourself in a situation where a woman can accuse you of rape, whether by malicious intent or accident. He did and that's bad enough, his advisers need to shake him up and knowing Ghanaian families the arrest is the easy part to this because I know his mom, dad, Aunties and Uncle's will be absolutely RIPPING him a new one.

Other than the fact he shouldn't of been having anyone round anyway... What else could he have done differently? Get the woman to film herself saying she is there willingly? 

If inviting a woman round to your flat is putting yourself in a situation where you can be accused of rape then we should all brace ourselves for the incoming allegations... 

Edited by BlueDay

1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

While not all women are lying and manipulative, and I am certainly not saying that in this case, and while the MeToo movement is around, I would say a big fat 'Yes' give up women and join 'MGTOW' .   If you don't protect yourself today when dating a woman, then expect the worse case scenario to be around the corner when things don't go according to her plans.........trust me from first hand experience, your reputation will be in tatters, your life turned upside down and even when it all turns out to be a big fat lie, her life carries on while yours still remains tarnished for many years to come.  

That's one thing that bugs me, if a women is caught out lying about being raped she should face the exact same sentence that the man she accused was set to face if found guilty in my opinion.

59 minutes ago, BlueDay said:

If inviting a woman round to your flat is putting yourself in a situation where you can be accused of rape then we should all brace ourselves for the incoming allegations... 

Not all of us, some have the protection of our train wreck bodies and hideous faces!

1 hour ago, coco said:

Jesus fella, how terribly are you treating women that you’d have to give up your whole life? 

Other than the fact he shouldn't of been having anyone round anyway... What else could he have done differently? Get the woman to film herself saying she is there willingly? 

I am in my mid thirties I have had lost count of the amount of woman I have been in a flat who I was meeting for probably the third or fourth time and in all my years never one accusation of rape or even anything remotely like that so have my close friends these silly arguments about "inviting someone around" makes no sense because it happens daily.
I don't have the facts no one does unless you are Callum or the girl however, whatever happened I just hope it's a misunderstanding and hurt egos and nothing physical happen both to the girl and callum.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I am in my mid thirties I have had lost count of the amount of woman I have been in a flat who I was meeting for probably the third or fourth time and in all my years never one accusation of rape or even anything remotely like that so have my close friends these silly arguments about "inviting someone around" makes no sense because it happens daily.
I don't have the facts no one does unless you are Callum or the girl however, whatever happened I just hope it's a misunderstanding and hurt egos and nothing physical happen both to the girl and callum.

You said

Never ever put yourself in a situation where a woman can accuse you of rape, 

This is a ridiculous thing to say. Having sex with a woman puts you in a situation where you could be accused of rape. Any of them could have accused you.  It's impossible to avoid this small risk unless you just never have sex again.

Being accused of rape isn't something that will happen to many people, so the fact you haven't been accused yourself is irrelevant. You have still put yourself in a situation where you could have been accused, which is what you're saying no one should ever do. 

Edited by Patch

This is a ridiculous thing to say. Having sex with a woman puts you in a situation where you could be accused of rape. Any of them could have accused you.  It's impossible to avoid this small risk unless you just never have sex again.

Being accused of rape isn't something that will happen to many people, so the fact you haven't been accused yourself is irrelevant. You have still put yourself in a situation where you could have been accused, which is what you're saying no one should ever do. 

No having sex with a woman without fully understanding the situation put you at risk, not just having sex if that was the case you would get accusations like this so much more. No means No, No consent means no, maybe means no...I could go on and on

Yes I require explicit consent...like I said my background alone gives me hurdles I don't need anything else to build brick walls infront of me.

You would be surprised how many women react to the question " I want to f**k you" differently that you expect.

Explicit consent ALWAYS!!!

Agree with Patch, sometimes theirs sod all you can do. My brother in law got caught out by a mental girlfriend, he had enough of her and left her. 20 minutes later he was picked up by the police for rape and battery, she had accused him of all kinds. Thankfully her story fell apart and he was released after a night in the cells with no charge. She however got away with it completely, brother in law was told it wasnt worth pursuing as the courts wouldnt want to charge her, how ridiculous is that. She then went and wrecked everything in his house. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

No having sex with a woman without fully understanding the situation put you at risk, not just having sex of that was the case you would get accusations like this so much more. No means No, No consent means no, maybe means no...I could go on and o e

Yes I require explicit consent...like I said my background alone gives me hurdles I don't need anything else to build brick walls infront of me.

You would be surprised how many women react to the question " I want to f**k you" differently that you expect.

Explicit consent ALWAYS!!!

No. You're completely wrong. You seem to assume that everyone accused has done something wrong.  Being accused doesn't mean you didn't get consent . I'm amazed I'm having to explain this.

Edited by Patch