Callum Hudson-Odoi

27 minutes ago, dkw said:

Right, I`m old so what the hell does that mean ha ha...

Well get back into that great form he was in at the end of last season! Him and RLC were playing superbly up until their injuries, and after a long lay off I hope to see him back at his best.

31 minutes ago, Andy North said:

I don't know if he makes the team to be honest.

He's been a silly boy and probably needs to take a back seat for a while. He knows he's let the club down and will probably need a few starts from the bench.

If he's considered good enough start, I'm sure he will. I'm not saying he will start, but I would be surprised if what's happened will have any impact on the decision.

Edited by Patch
Just now, driller97 said:

Well get back into that great form he was in at the end of last season! Him and RLC were playing superbly up until their injuries, and after a long lay off I hope to see him back at his best.

ha ha, cheers. I had no idea what go ham meant. 

Yeah I agree, I would love nothing more than to see RLC and CHO smashing teams up. In this case can we make something up about CHORLC? Go on the CHORLC, get stuck into them....

31 minutes ago, Andy North said:

I don't know if he makes the team to be honest.

He's been a silly boy and probably needs to take a back seat for a while. He knows he's let the club down and will probably need a few starts from the bench.

I agree that he could be sat down for a game, if only to show his idiocy will not be tolerated. But on the other hand there`s a reason to back him after the abuse he took over the arrest, show solidarity with him while in the background making sure how big his mistake was.

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

I agree that he could be sat down for a game, if only to show his idiocy will not be tolerated. But on the other hand there`s a reason to back him after the abuse he took over the arrest, show solidarity with him while in the background making sure how big his mistake was.

The arrest wasn't entirely his fault but he was obviously breaking social distancing rules and invited trouble into his home.

Police bail has only just been dropped so he has been a little distracted in the match build up. I honestly think he needs to learn a lesson and from the reports I've seen he knows he's let the club down.

The game is littered with young players who have let their talents go to ruin and he needs to know he can easily become one of those. I love the excitement he generates when he's on the ball and he has shown potential but we have to be realistic in what he has achieved in the premier league. He has done OK in EL but one assist in 14 games in the premier league isn't setting anything on fire. His form in front of goal in the premier league hasn't been good and maybe a short spell on the bench might create a bit of focus.

I'm going to dip my toe tentatively here I can't comment on what it's like now or even 10 or 20 years ago. Back in the late 70's and all through the 80's if you were out on the streets on your own or with mates after dark you'd get stopped and searched by the police all the time in London. I remember once I was playing away and didn't know the address or even the name of the road the girl I had been seeing lived on the old bill took the piss out of me mercilessly and threatened to tell the woman I was living with all about it.

If you were with someone who had a record even if it was for something minor chances are you would all get nicked (never charged) and spend the night in the cell. The police back then and I'll quote Mr Mackay from Porridge they treated everyone with equal contempt.

21 hours ago, Valerie said:

So funny when some white dude tells you you're not a victim of racism, it's just a matter of political correctness gone mad, you know, and by the way, where is your sense of humour...

I wasn't going to get into this but having a white bloke telling a black bloke about what is and isn't racism doesn't sit well with me at all, and is patronising and condescending at the very, very best.

15 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Ziyech, Pulisic, Werner (looks like), Hudson-Odoi for 2 wide positions, hewon't be getting into that team unless he improves quickly.

I suspect Werner will be put in front of Abraham most of the time and Ziyech can play on both wings as well as attacking midfielder. CHO will get enough opportunities.

44 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I wasn't going to get into this but having a white bloke telling a black bloke about what is and isn't racism doesn't sit well with me at all, and is patronising and condescending at the very, very best.

Bruto's has no idea of the police intention that night. The police did something to him that has happened to me several times, but I'm being told I have to believe the police did it to him because he is black, despite there being nothing to suggest it, just because he thinks (doesn't actually know) that's why. That's ridiculous! I don't jump to conclusions without facts just because someone makes an allegation (which isn't actually based on anything other than what he thinks).

It's a reasonable position to want some evidence that something happened because of racism instead of automatically believing it must be racism, and so accusing the people involved of being racist.

The fact this position doesn't sit well with you says more about how you think than anything else. Do you believe everything that people say? Do you believe everything that people believe is true? Or do you look at the facts to decide? 

58 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

I suspect Werner will be put in front of Abraham most of the time and Ziyech can play on both wings as well as attacking midfielder. CHO will get enough opportunities.

It will be interesting to see. I suspect you're right, but Werner can also play off the left. I suspect CHO will start of the bech with all the options we have, but as you said, will get lots of chances through the season to make an impact.

8 minutes ago, Patch said:

Bruto's has no idea of the police intention that night. The police did something to him that has happened to me several times, but I'm being told I have to believe the police did it to him because he is black, despite there being nothing to suggest it, just because he thinks (doesn't actually know) that's why. That's ridiculous! I don't jump to conclusions without facts just because someone makes an allegation (which isn't actually based on anything other than what he thinks).

It's a reasonable position to want some evidence that something happened because of racism instead of automatically believing it must be racism, and so accusing the people involved of being racist.

The fact this position doesn't sit well with you says more about how you think than anything else. Do you believe everything that people say? Do you believe everything that people believe is true? Or do you look at the facts to decide? 

I don't know where Brutos comes from but if its from the backwards country to our west then it probably was racism. USA is beyond saving. 

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't know where Brutos comes from but if its from the backwards country to our west then it probably was racism. USA is beyond saving. 

I agree with you on America.  We're far from perfect in this country, but we're so much better than America when it comes to racism and how the police behave.

12 minutes ago, Patch said:

I agree with you on America.  We're far from perfect in this country, but we're so much better than America when it comes to racism and how the police behave.

Yes we are. 

But racism exists. 

Just to shut this down. Please. 

If the police wrongfully arrested 100 people in a yea and  99 of them are black whilst 1 is white. The fact that one white person is in there doesn't mean the police aren't racist. It also doesn't mean that all 99 wrongful arrests of black people are racially motivated.

But it does indicate the police are probably racist and that the average black person is having a harder experience with the police than the average white person. You do understand that right? 

That's the topic here. Your experience, whilst sad, is not relevant. 

15 minutes ago, Patch said:

It's nothing to do with whether you or I believe him or not, whether he himself believes it or not, or even whether it was a racially motivated stop and search or not.  The simple fact of this is that neither you nor I, as white people, have the moral authority to determine what does or does not constitute a racist act.

I sort of agree that false accusations do very little to promote a sense of equality or justice,in the same way as false accusations of sexual assault don't serve the accuser well under normal circumstances, but trying to belittle the existence of racism in the police force and the wider community because you say something similar or worse happened to you is just bollocks. 

Something similar happened to me.  I was out with three black mates some years ago.  Walking from a pub to a blues party we got pulled over by a police car.  The first thing they said to me was I ought to be careful who I mixed with and then told me to f**k off on my way.  The rest of the group were then pushed back against a fence and searched quite roughly.  They arrived at the party about half an hour later, not very happy about it.  Just after midnight the same police and four others came into the party, started shoving people around, saw me and told me to f**k off out of it again, and then started frisking everyone else.  Silly, really, as I was the one carrying the weed that night.  And that was in a sleepy little market town in Wiltshire.  Want to tell me that wasn't totally racially motivated?

3 minutes ago, Patch said:

We're only "so much better than America when it comes to racism and how the police behave." because the majority of our police aren't armed.  When the armed police are out and about in say Tottenham, for example, don't be a black man in a taxi if you can help it.

19 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Yes we are. 

But racism exists. 

Just to shut this down. Please. 

If the police wrongfully arrested 100 people in a yea and  99 of them are black whilst 1 is white. The fact that one white person is in there doesn't mean the police aren't racist. It also doesn't mean that all 99 wrongful arrests of black people are racially motivated.

But it does indicate the police are probably racist and that the average black person is having a harder experience with the police than the average white person. You do understand that right? 

That's the topic here. Your experience, whilst sad, is not relevant. 

• Gallery
  • Woman
  • Londons
  • League
  • 14 Games
  • 20 Years
  • 70's
  • Abraham
  • Back Seat
  • Background
  • Gallery

• Woman
  • Londons
  • League
  • 14 Games
  • 20 Years
  • 70's
  • Abraham
  • Back Seat
  • Background
  • Gallery
  • Woman

Yes I understand, and haven't said anything otherwise, but that doesn't mean his case was because of racism. His experience isn't even sad as he was only searched, doesn't actually prove anything or add anything to the discussion.

No one is saying racism doesn't exist (how many times do I have to say this?), but that doesn't automatically mean Burto's  case had anything to do with racism. You can't just decide every black man searched is because they are black. Burto's was silly to give that as an example of racism. 1, Being searched at 15 isn't anything major and happens all the time, 2 it doesn't prove, or even suggest racism.

You seem to be trying to put words into my mouth and claim I'm saying things I'm not.

Edited by Patch
18 minutes ago, Patch said:

Yes I understand, and haven't said anything otherwise, but that doesn't mean his case was because of racism. His experience isn't even sad as he was only searched, doesn't actually prove anything or add anything to the discussion.

No one is saying racism doesn't exist (how many times do I have to say this?), but that doesn't automatically mean Burto's  case had anything to do with racism. You can't just decide every black man searched is because they are black. Burto's was silly to give that as an example of racism. 1, Being searched at 15 isn't anything major and happens all the time, 2 it doesn't prove, or even suggest racism.

You seem to be trying to put words into my mouth and claim I'm saying things I'm not.

Dude, give it a rest FFS you are clearly just sealioning now, 

49 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

It's nothing to do with whether you or I believe him or not, whether he himself believes it or not, or even whether it was a racially motivated stop and search or not.  The simple fact of this is that neither you nor I, as white people, have the moral authority to determine what does or does not constitute a racist act.

I sort of agree that false accusations do very little to promote a sense of equality or justice,in the same way as false accusations of sexual assault don't serve the accuser well under normal circumstances, but trying to belittle the existence of racism in the police force and the wider community because you say something similar or worse happened to you is just bollocks. 

Something similar happened to me.  I was out with three black mates some years ago.  Walking from a pub to a blues party we got pulled over by a police car.  The first thing they said to me was I ought to be careful who I mixed with and then told me to f**k off on my way.  The rest of the group were then pushed back against a fence and searched quite roughly.  They arrived at the party about half an hour later, not very happy about it.  Just after midnight the same police and four others came into the party, started shoving people around, saw me and told me to f**k off out of it again, and then started frisking everyone else.  Silly, really, as I was the one carrying the weed that night.  And that was in a sleepy little market town in Wiltshire.  Want to tell me that wasn't totally racially motivated?

We're only "so much better than America when it comes to racism and how the police behave." because the majority of our police aren't armed.  When the armed police are out and about in say Tottenham, for example, don't be a black man in a taxi if you can help it.

That's a silly thing to say. Of course we can determine what does or does not constitute a racist act. We all know the definition of racism and can all know what a racist act is.

Assuming you've told the full story, of course that was a racist act. Why would I say otherwise? I've never said their aren't police who are racist. I don't believe in generalising large groups of people tho.

Our police try to de-escalate while in America we don't. I'm not saying our police are perfect, I've spent 8 months in prison and slept on the streets  because of them and I suspect foul play, but it is nothing like American police. Racism isn't anywhere near as bad either. It's a different level over there.

Edited by Patch
1 hour ago, Patch said:

I'm just going to repeat what I said as it still actually is an answer.

If the police wrongfully arrested 100 people in a year and  99 of them are black whilst 1 is white. The fact that one white person is in there doesn't mean the police aren't racist. It also doesn't mean that all 99 wrongful arrests of black people are racially motivated.

But it does indicate the police are probably racist and that the average black person is having a harder experience with the police than the average white person. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I'm just going to repeat what I said as it still actually is an answer.

If the police wrongfully arrested 100 people in a year and  99 of them are black whilst 1 is white. The fact that one white person is in there doesn't mean the police aren't racist. It also doesn't mean that all 99 wrongful arrests of black people are racially motivated.

But it does indicate the police are probably racist and that the average black person is having a harder experience with the police than the average white person. 

You've actually just proven my point. I don't think you have been reading what I've been saying either as you've backed up what I'm saying.

I was very clearly told Bruto's case was racism and I had to believe it. That's what I take issue with. If you accept that not all wrongful arrests of black people aren't racially motivated, then you have to accept my view that Bruto's being searched doesn't have to be because he was black based on the information given.

My whole point is you have to judge each case individually and not just assume that because a black person was searched it was a racist event like Valerie claimed. 

So thank you for backing up what I've been saying the whole time.

The football season is starting up again. Let's get back to football.

Edited by Patch