Callum Hudson-Odoi

On 24/07/2020 at 20:53, WhiteWall said:

But we all know that CHO does hardly do any tracking back and if he does get involved it usually ends in disaster.

Common just because he conceded that pen against Utd? What of his productivity at the other end? On per min on the pitch he is only behind Pulisic, Willian & Mount are miles behind. 

Where have we heard this tracking back argument before? De Bruyne. 

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 05:42, ducavis said:

Common just because he conceded that pen against Utd? What of his productivity at the other end? On per min on the pitch he is only behind Pulisic, Willian & Mount are miles behind. 

Every play in the team is responsible for covering runners and doing their bit defensively. We, along with pretty much every team around us, cannot haver the luxury of carrying players as our defence is not good enough to deal with danger without support form our forward players. Furthermore, o what basis is productivity being measured. As he is an attacker I would imagine it comes down to goals and assists and as a forward player I suppose less is more.

Been a tough year for him, really hope this year would be the breakthrough, but now it looks like thats going to be next year.

I really hope to see CHO push to challenge Ziyech as the starter and really get on a roll. I still have quite high hopes for him, though not as high as they once were last season.

On 27/07/2020 at 15:51, driller97 said:

Been a tough year for him, really hope this year would be the breakthrough, but now it looks like thats going to be next year.

I really hope to see CHO push to challenge Ziyech as the starter and really get on a roll. I still have quite high hopes for him, though not as high as they once were last season.

Exactly the same.

One of the most exciting players I have seen play for us at youth level and there have been plenty of good ones in recent years. Had (and still have) such high hopes for him, but you can't help but feel, Frank isn't convinced and didn't show faith in him today when he could have brought him on early. When the camera went on CHO at the final whistle, he looked lost and will be disappointed not to have made any impact on he game.

Hopefully he can put this season behind him but next season could be that cliche of "make or break" season - let's hope he gets a chance and grabs it.

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Think Lampard wanted experience and to be fair Pedro didn’t do that bad. He gave 100% as always.

Experience to win a game we were already losing? Might as well have started him. 

We never looked like scoring when he was on the pitch though which is no fault of him, he is not a player who can create opportunities. He is more the type to get on the end of things. 

8 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Experience to win a game we were already losing? Might as well have started him. 

We never looked like scoring when he was on the pitch though which is no fault of him, he is not a player who can create opportunities. He is more the type to get on the end of things. 

He's a winger, not a striker, so how's he not supposed to create opportunities? And he's not exactly known for being clinical in front of goal. Anyway, I'm not going to put CHO down for this particular performance, we were already a man down and Arsenal were well organized at the back.

This season hasn't been great for his development, imho. Injuries didn't help, but there are some serious flaws in his game that need to be addressed before he can realistically claim a starting place in a top side. I'm not sure if he should go out on loan or stay and fight for the place in the starting eleven.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

I thought Pedro at least tried to create something and got some half chances that almost turned into something. His energy at least helped create abit of momentum going forward. 

CHO for me seems too flashy and not willing to dig deep. He reminds me abit of Pogba.  

Pedro won us a freekick outside the box but Anthony Taylor surprisingly (lol) didn't give it.

5 hours ago, abramovich said:

He's a winger, not a striker, so how's he not supposed to create opportunities? And he's not exactly known for being clinical in front of goal. Anyway, I'm not going to put CHO down for this particular performance, we were already a man down and Arsenal were well organized at the back.

This season hasn't been great for his development, imho. Injuries didn't help, but there are some serious flaws in his game that need to be addressed before he can realistically claim a starting place in a top side. I'm not sure if he should go out on loan or stay and fight for the place in the starting eleven.

Personally if I were him I would be asking my agent to put feelers out to a Southampton/Everton where he is very likely to be a starter, and demand a 1-2yr loan. When that is done, request a transfer to a top 6 club.

I just can’t see how he gets games next season which he needs for his development or he will stall. He has practically wasted 2yrs; and I might be in the minority but I feel there is a top talent there, just needs the right manager for it to all fall in place. 

On 26/07/2020 at 05:42, ducavis said:

in doing what. It cannot be on shots, tackles won, goals. What is it that he has been so good at. Mind you I do remember a time when Zappacosta was our most prolific goalscorer ever if we are going on goals per shots or goals per min.

On 26/07/2020 at 06:42, ducavis said:

Gets boring after a while, people criticise Willian’s end product but in terms of tracking back - you’ll not find a better winger in the world. I assume everyone was happy with Jose selling Mata as well because after all, he didn’t track back well enough. Fortunately we had Oscar, another workhorse who looked world class for a game or two, then bang average for 7-8 then back to world class again. But, he sure did track back well.

Personally, I couldn’t give a sh*t if they don’t track back if they provide at the top end of the pitch. Our defence and midfield when playing 4-3-3 should be capable of handling most teams attacks in this league. Providing the wingers are contributing to the teams press, I don’t see the issue. I thought we were looking to move away from our wingers playing like full backs. I don’t want Callum or Pulisic or Ziyech needing to make tackles in our own box. That’s not what they’re playing for.

7 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

personally I'd see if Carlo would take him to Everton on a season long loan as part of a deal for us to sign Richarlison 

You do realise Everton rejected an £85m bid for him from Barcelona in January? They’ll be looking for about £100m in which case we’d be as well signing Sancho for an extra £10m.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You do realise Everton rejected an £85m bid for him from Barcelona in January? They’ll be looking for about £100m in which case we’d be as well signing Sancho for an extra £10m.

That was pre Covid and the player ir agent is already touting for offers

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

We turned down similar money for CHO and would be lucky to scrape half of that now

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

That was pre Covid and the player ir agent is already touting for offers

He’s contracted through 2024. He is absolutely not going to be bought cheaply. He was literally live on Sky Sports the other day saying he’s happy to stay at Everton for another season to see what Ancelotti can do.