Jump to content

Callum Hudson-Odoi


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, sonic90 said:

He's finally showing some quality and consitency too, if we had accepted bayern's offer and now had to watch him perform like this for them I would have been seething.

Many wanted him gone though, called him lazy and all sorts. Hope he keeps working hard and improving.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, STATS said:

Totally baffled at Tuchel's words in why he subbed him. He was growing into the game and I certainly did not see lack of fight. He should of actually gone to LWB at least but taking him off was extremely, extremely baffling.

Seen this kind of thing plenty of times in the past with a few of our managers over the years. I remember Mourinho especially used to like to take a younger player off when things weren't going perfectly for the team. Tuchel would never do that to an experienced player. It's always easier, maybe even cowardly, to put the blame on the kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he was frustrating again today so no problem with the decsion.

I want to see him trouble defenders like Foden, like Rashford, like Barnes at Leicester. Instead it always seems he bottles it and takes the easy option. Terrible ball into the box just before he was subbed today. Could have put the ball anywhere but kicked it straight at a saints defender.

Just maybe CHO needs  a rocket up his arse to wake him up and today he got that rocket!

Edited by Nibs
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Thought he was frustrating again today so no problem with the decsion.

I want to see him trouble defenders like Foden, like Rashford, like Branes at Leicester. Instead it always seems he bottles it and takes the easy option. Terrible ball into the box just before he was subbed today. Could have put the ball anywhere but kicked it straight at a saints defender.

Just maybe CHO needs  a rocket up his arse to wake him up and today he got that rocket!

The rocket should have been made in private though imo. 

It's never a good look for the manager to publicly state the problem especially at English media. They're going to have a field day

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Seen this kind of thing plenty of times in the past with a few of our managers over the years. I remember Mourinho especially used to like to take a younger player off when things weren't going perfectly for the team. Tuchel would never do that to an experienced player. It's always easier, maybe even cowardly, to put the blame on the kid.

This is it for me, not a chance he does that to a senior player. It’s far easier for them to do it to the kids & unlikely the board will back the young players that cost us £0m the same way they back the “superstars” we pay tens of millions for. Alonso was a passenger today & for all the running about Werner does, his overall ability in general play is shocking for the standard of player he’s supposed to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Deino said:

The rocket should have been made in private though imo. 

It's never a good look for the manager to publicly state the problem especially at English media. They're going to have a field day

Maybe, but coaches live and die by their decisions so we'll just have to see what TT did today has the desired effect.

Look when Mourinho subbed Joey Cole and SWP after about 20 minutes one game. Down to players to step up and show the coach they were wrong. I want to see a bit more fight and a bit more bottle from CHO so lets see how he reacts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Thought he was frustrating again today so no problem with the decsion.

I want to see him trouble defenders like Foden, like Rashford, like Branes at Leicester. Instead it always seems he bottles it and takes the easy option. Terrible ball into the box just before he was subbed today. Could have put the ball anywhere but kicked it straight at a saints defender.

Just maybe CHO needs  a rocket up his arse to wake him up and today he got that rocket!

If this is the time he had it on the byline - he couldn’t really put it anywhere could he? IRC, the only person in the box with a chance of getting the ball was Werner who was directly behind the defender he tried to put it throughs legs. If he’d cut it back to where no one was, people who say why’s he passing to no one. The lack of players we get in the box is frightening when we hit the byline.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Maybe, but coaches live and die by their decisions so we'll just have to see what TT did today has the desired effect.

Look when Mourinho subbed Joey Cole and SWP after about 20 minutes one game. Down to players to step up and show the coach they were wrong. I want to see a bit more fight and a bit more bottle from CHO so lets see how he reacts.

I agree. I just hope he steps up with us rather than go somewhere else then becomes a superstar because Mourinho did the same thing with you know who as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

Missed the interview, can you sum up what he said.

Something along the lines of 

We brought in Callum Hudson-Odoi but I was not happy with his attitude, energy and counter-pressing. I took him off and we demand 100%, I feel he is not in the right shape to help us. It was a hard decision but tomorrow it is forgotten

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deino said:

I agree. I just hope he steps up with us rather than go somewhere else then becomes a superstar because Mourinho did the same thing with you know who as well. 

Yeah, but it's down to CHO. He can either become another what might have been and get added to the list of promising youngsters who didn't make it or he can step up and become a star. Looking right now it could go either way and I wouldn't put money on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Yeah, but it's down to CHO. He can either become another what might have been and get added to the list of promising youngsters who didn't make it or he can step up and become a star. Looking right now it could go either way and I wouldn't put money on it.

CHO has shown more effort and had more impact than pretty much every other player other than mount since Tuchel got here though, to hammer him in am interview after a poor 20 minutes in a game is just plain wrong and totally unnecessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!