Callum Hudson-Odoi

Makes no sense at all to sell him. We need more wingers/forwards with pace, that can go past players on their own and create unbalance. Odoi has all the attributes to become a great player. From what I have seen he also knows how to find his teammates in the final third, unlike Willian and Pedro.

Edited by comtrend

4 hours ago, Argo said:

Smith Rowe's only made 1 additional appearance.

Furthermore the timing makes no sense which makes me skeptical this will happen atleast in the immediate future, if he's about to leave the deal with Bayern would have been in the pipeline to some extent for quite a while, it makes little to no sense for Sarri to give him his first PL game of the season if he was off within days, we have frozen out more established players (Sturridge) under similar circumstances.

He has started 4/6 Europa League games I think. The only reason he did not play the last game was because of injury. Also, they started him in both their first Carabao cup fixtures. They were starting him in games where qualification was not sealed. We played Derby and they played Brentford. CHO was an unused sub. Smith-Rowe started.

CHO is more talented as well. I hope it is just BS and he does not move, but I have said it before and will say again. I don't see how he stays here with his lack of opportunities. Hopefully I am wrong.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

How's he going to get games time Bayern if he's not getting any at Chelsea? If he's after regular starts, Bayern is not the club for him. I don't buy this story, until it happens.

Robben is leaving and I'm pretty sure Ribery is leaving as well,they only have Coman and Muller who isn't even a winger anyway. Did I miss anyone else?

Not to mention Bayern normally have the league wrapped up by December anyway so he'll get plenty of game time if he performs. 

32 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I don't understand why everybody is reacting like he's sold already. We only know that Sky Sports have reported a bid, and they're not the most reliable of sources anyway.

Spot on. If Bayern have made a bid. Nowhere does it say we have accepted. We have serious homegrown issues currently for our squad. I can't see us selling our best talent in a long time purely based on that. 

Sarri will have a lot to answer for if he goes...obvious talent and plenty of lesser games he could have played in or come off the bench. Yet he's barely got a kick. 

Not slagging Willian or Pedro off but they're not exactly the future of chelsea, hudson-odoi is...could have been rotated a bit more...compare how Sancho has been given more and more game time for dortmund - and they're going for the title.

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Spot on. If Bayern have made a bid. Nowhere does it say we have accepted. We have serious homegrown issues currently for our squad. I can't see us selling our best talent in a long time purely based on that. 

He has just 18 months left on his contract and hasn't signed the extension he was offered in the summer. Doubt he will sign it knowing he won't play under Sarri, so chelsea will be forced to cash in

1 hour ago, The Brit said:

He has just 18 months left on his contract and hasn't signed the extension he was offered in the summer. Doubt he will sign it knowing he won't play under Sarri, so chelsea will be forced to cash in

18 months would be above the usual time our managers last. I wouldn't be too concerned about Sarri pushing anyone out at this rate. 

2 hours ago, Remodez said:

Robben is leaving and I'm pretty sure Ribery is leaving as well,they only have Coman and Muller who isn't even a winger anyway. Did I miss anyone else?

Not to mention Bayern normally have the league wrapped up by December anyway so he'll get plenty of game time if he performs. 

Bayern are no longer of that calibre.

It could be that Kovac is fired before the end of the season, but his replacement may not fix their looming issues RE their two stalwarts leaving.

Also, can CHO deal with the pressure of actually being a first XI regular in an actual title race, where nothing short of success is expected? It's a big ask for an 18-year old.  

Controversial perhaps, but having seen CHO fleetingly recently i would have to agree with the manager in that he is not quite ready yet. And if he has lost patience because he has had too little exposure over time there isn't a lot Sarri can do about it. I don't think you can blame Sarri if CHO accepts a bid and leaves. I would blame Sarri if it were RLC because he is clearly ahead of both Kovacic and Barkley in a number of areas and if fit, should be playing.

The German league is now developing a reputation as a breeding ground for good young talent possibly going back to Owen Hargreaves. With Pulisic, Sancho, Ousmane Dembele, and Kingsley Comans all playing in the bundesliga, CHO may well see this as a good opportunity and these big clubs are not afraid to throw young players in.

11 hours ago, Remodez said:

Normally, not this year, they will need to buy proven players if they want to get back into the race. Even at 36, Robben is a better player.

5 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Controversial perhaps, but having seen CHO fleetingly recently i would have to agree with the manager in that he is not quite ready yet. And if he has lost patience because he has had too little exposure over time there isn't a lot Sarri can do about it. I don't think you can blame Sarri if CHO accepts a bid and leaves. I would blame Sarri if it were RLC because he is clearly ahead of both Kovacic and Barkley in a number of areas and if fit, should be playing.

The German league is now developing a reputation as a breeding ground for good young talent possibly going back to Owen Hargreaves. With Pulisic, Sancho, Ousmane Dembele, and Kingsley Comans all playing in the bundesliga, CHO may well see this as a good opportunity and these big clubs are not afraid to throw young players in.

I love Hudson-Odoi as much as the next fan, but right now I think the overhyping of youth players like him needs to be stopped. I am guilty of it too. I think CHO is talented and want to see him play more, but so far he's played against mediocre Europa sides and looked above average. I don't think that warrants the talk of being the next best thing. At Chelsea we've had many a talented youth player whom have gone on to do not so great things at Championship level.

Right now CHO reminds me of Charly Musonda - obviously has talent and ability, but it's hard to tell how successful he will be or what his ceiling is. Anybody who tells you they know his ceiling is massive is a liar. Nobody is psychic and can see into the future. For me, so far, the most talented player from our academy is Tammy Abraham. He has proved he's too good for Championship level and has the potential to be a very good player in a few seasons, maybe even PL level. He should be playing in the PL week in, week out imo. At the same age, Rashford was not much better in goal/assist ratio than Tammy. 

Should add Mason Mount to that, he's obviously capable of playing in the PL. If not for us, then for a mid table Prem club. Hopefully for us next season. 

Edited by enigma

If Bayern, one of the biggest teams in Europe, has now put in two bids, its obvious they are desperate to get him. That tells you all you need to know, when a team argubly bigger than us is desperate to get one of our prospects. When are we going to wake up and stop letting our best talents leave. 

The kid just isnt being given the chance. Hes played next to no football this year for us and has still done well. Look at Sancho, look at Morgan Gibbs White. Both players from that England youth team with him that are being given a chance. Do you think the Wolves manager isnt under pressure, that he can play a kid in the centre of his midfield. Then you got Smith Rowe another from that team, and even he has been given more of a chance to shine.  We play willian every single game, every game. Surely CHO could of played some of those games. If we continue to neglect our younger players they will continue to shine at other clubs and become stars, KDB, Salah, T.Hazard, Ake.

Edited by Oli

5 European Cups, 28 league titles, 75,000 capacity stadium, 4th-highest revenue in world football... there's not much arguably about it.

This isn't an issue exclusive to us, look at Man City who get a lot of stuff right off the pitch and are generally regarded as being a well-run club. Even they were powerless to dissuade Sancho from leaving in pursuit of game time, which Guardiola was never going to give him. Players are becoming more assertive and taking control of their futures, not content to just take the money and shut up (ie, sign extensions and stay put). 

Edited by Charles Ryder
10 hours ago, enigma said:

Anybody who tells you they know his ceiling is massive is a liar. Nobody is psychic and can see into the future.

Except for all the millions who KNEW that  De Bruyne and Salah REALLY weren't pants when they were with us, obviously.

I think it's the same as that old thing about the Sex Pistols and their first gig. There are so many people who now CLAIM to have been there that Wembley Stadium itself wouldn't have been big enough.  ::MooNeY::::MooNeY::

17 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Except for all the millions who KNEW that  De Bruyne and Salah REALLY weren't pants when they were with us, obviously.

I think it's the same as that old thing about the Sex Pistols and their first gig. There are so many people who now CLAIM to have been there that Wembley Stadium itself wouldn't have been big enough.  ::MooNeY::::MooNeY::

DeBruyne always was going to be a good player, he tore up the Bundesliga the previous year. Circumstances though went against him, a manager who wasn't prepared to give him time and he wasn't mature enough at the time to handle the pressure. We probably should have given him a further 12 mths in Germany to gain experience. 

As for CHO judging from the comments by the coaching staff at Chelsea they are expecting big things of him, he probably will be a big success if he moves to Germany were the game is directed far more towards attacking football and they have a dearth of that kind of player at youth team levels. 

Finally we start producing talents good enough to break into the first team, i would hazard a guess that we won't start selling them as soon as they step up and turn heads on the continent.

We better get used to this happening if our youngsters are going to start coming good, doesn't mean we should consider selling them though, only s staupid club run by morons would have us sell our emerging talents for a short term profit (that would no doubt be wasted on inferior over rated and over priced players from BIG clubs, how many more times do you want to be spanked in the transfer market ?

The responses in this twitter thread are really hard to believe. It's hard to believe how dumb some of these people are. "This is what's wrong with football 40M!!??!"

Good for Chelsea.. this is what's RIGHT with football. That there are enough teams out there that don't just have to take the money. If they want CHO and CHO wants to go, they can pay a premium, or they can take him in 18 months. 

"This is wrong, the lad just wants to play football"

Then let him run down his contract. That's what a contract is for.

"How can they value him at 40M and not play him"

It's called the future morons... 40M is Chelsea's way of saying, we don't want to sell him.

Frankly, I find this encouraging. He should get plenty of opportunity in the next 18 months, and he could absolutely reconsider signing a deal from Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

The responses in this twitter thread are really hard to believe. It's hard to believe how dumb some of these people are. "This is what's wrong with football 40M!!??!"

Good for Chelsea.. this is what's RIGHT with football. That there are enough teams out there that don't just have to take the money. If they want CHO and CHO wants to go, they can pay a premium, or they can take him in 18 months. 

"This is wrong, the lad just wants to play football"

Then let him run down his contract. That's what a contract is for.

"How can they value him at 40M and not play him"

It's called the future morons... 40M is Chelsea's way of saying, we don't want to sell him.

Frankly, I find this encouraging. He should get plenty of opportunity in the next 18 months, and he could absolutely reconsider signing a deal from Chelsea.

This can only happen if the club creates a clear pathway for him into the first team. The 1st half of this season has been a write off in this respect.  

For him to get games going forward; Moses would have to leave,  ideally we get an upgrade on both Pedro/Willian, and allow one of Pedro/Willian to leave in the summer. Fingers crossed Hazard stays, so It will be Hazard, Upgrade signing & him competing with one of Pedro/Willian and getting preference going forward. 

I think CHO has been blooded better than any youngster we have had come through in years.

For a player that has barely turned 18, he has been given more minutes than most his age at big clubs. 

He is now at the stage where he needs to get a few more cameos in the league, and maybe even a start. It's a shame he was injured, because I think he would've started against palace. 

The trouble is there is a lack of trust between CHO and the board, because historically, we haven't given academy boys the best platform, so while the club will be making all the right noises about 1st team opportunities, CHO will rightly bide his time and see how the next 12 months play out.

I would be very surprised if we were to cash in on him now, because if he were to make it a massive success, it could effect us keeping hold of players in the future.