enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

5 minutes ago, forbzy said:

OK so effectively they regard it as a toss-up. 

Yes pretty much. Just checked online and he's currently 10/11 to join Bayern this month and 5/6 to remain at Chelsea. They basically think it's 50/50. I'm personally very confident that he will not be leaving this month.

Just now, DannyVblue said:

Yes pretty much. Just checked online and he's currently 10/11 to join Bayern this month and 5/6 to remain at Chelsea. They basically think it's 50/50. I'm personally very confident that he will not be leaving this month.

I'm hoping you are right. I really don't see what we have to lose by forcing our hand this window. There will still be plenty of demand for him in the summer if he is set on leaving.

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

And they'll get their cut regardless... one of my all-time favorite movie lines

"Sounds to me like you guys are a coupla bookies"

Such a brilliant movie, watched it again this christmas. Obvious the bonus of seeing THAT body helps.

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

OK so effectively they regard it as a toss-up. 

yes it is now, but yesterday and end of last week bookies were adamant he was going to BM.

Today's rumour, I think originating from The Mirror's John Cross, is that Chelsea have offered a new 5 contract worth £50k a week to CHO. 

It would put him on par with some of the first team squad so if true is a huge offer to a player yet to start a game in the Premier League. 

Apparently, according to Goal, CHO is now considering remaining at Chelsea following a run of minutes in the first team. 

I've been saying for a few weeks now, if we really do rate him as a talent, we've got to be giving him starts and decent minutes off of the bench. Willian has been underwhelming this season and Pedro's fitness record has been poor... Put a bit of faith in the lad, let's see what he can do and maybe he'll stay and even better, maybe we'll find that he improves the team. 

26 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I just read it’s £70k a week. They’re not just making it up off the top of their head are they?

Ruben's first big contract was £70k per week, so that's not out of the question... Include Hudson-Odoi on this list and I still think we'd have a runaway Top 2 for most ridiculous number on this list... 

DxHpwjCUwAAjDwL.jpg

43 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I just read it’s £70k a week. They’re not just making it up off the top of their head are they?

Apparently £50k basic wage with £20k worth of bonuses... I have no idea how bonuses work so just posted the rumoured basic wage. 

26 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

F*cking Drinkwater on 120k a week. Disgraceful.

And Kepa on 192k. Jesus that’s stupid money for a really young goalkeeper. 

Alonso and Drinkwater jumped out at me for sure. 

Kepa is high, but he signed a 7 year deal. His ranking will likely move down a bit as his deal progresses. 

32 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

F*cking Drinkwater on 120k a week. Disgraceful.

And Kepa on 192k. Jesus that’s stupid money for a really young goalkeeper. 

Rüdiger on 90k, I say take 30k away from Drinkwater and give it to Rudi. Come to think of it, sell Drinkwater and put some of the money towards CHO.

Ooh, I feel very Marina!

Edited by Valerie

OR, we could stop getting wound up by someone's guesses about how much people are earning.  We have no actual clue what wages players are on, as neither the club nor the players publish that.

That only leaves the income tax people to release this critical information.  And I doubt that has happened.

16 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

That only leaves the income tax people to release this critical information.  And I doubt that has happened.

And opposing clubs... They're bidding for and losing players, and they'll say "we couldn't afford the wages..."... Leak

And agents... And I KNOW that info leaks all the time. It's part of their recruitment tool. 

A journo asks a source at the Club, why can't you get rid of John Doe "off the record, he's on 100k per week and no one will touch that" 

It's not overly difficult for someone in the industry to dig up accurate numbers. 

Spurned clubs and "off the record" journalists are probably giving out mostly bollocks, most of the time.  I seriously doubt any mainstream journalist is asking questions like "Why can't you get rid of X?"

Some agents I'll give you, with the proviso that if my agent was publishing my wages I would soon have a new agent, and I suspect that any loose-lipped agent would fairly soon find that he had very few clients.

BUT, even if you accept that some agents might leak people's wages, I find it totally unbelievable that the agents of our entire first team squad have published their clients' exact wages in the way presented above.

Edited by yorkleyblue

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

OR, we could stop getting wound up by someone's guesses about how much people are earning.  We have no actual clue what wages players are on, as neither the club nor the players publish that.

I heard on dailybullsh*t.net that Marina pays you £400k a week to be a fun sponge... :blush2:

1 hour ago, EngineerJoe said:

Don't want Callum near the club, unless it's Callum Wilson.

Can't we do a straight swap with Bournemouth?

you've got nothing to worry about, no chance CHO is going to spurs. 

49 minutes ago, charierre said:

Wonder if the club have chosen to leak what's on offer, his agent who is also his father is refusing contact with the club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8226728/chelsea-relationship-hudson-odoi-dad-agent-bayern-munich/

Didn’t realize his father was his agent.  He’s probably the one driving this entire thing.