enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

1 minute ago, evissy said:

We had DeBruyne, Lukaku, Salah who we failed to nurture...

I think this is slightly different. With the others we sent them out on loan and ended up selling them. With CHO we are telling him he is the future of Chelsea but he’s not interested. 

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

f**ksake. Brought this on ourselves by never playing the boy, unreal.

So how many other 18 year olds in the PL are getting more minutes than him ? I doubt more than a handful at most

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Have we though? He’s been chucked on for the last 10 minutes in most games since the first spurs game and didn’t even get on in the second leg. His options are still really limited so is fully entitled to want out.

He is entitled but you could likewise argue the club is entitled to run down his contract and not give  him one minute of football for the second half of this season and indeed all next season

3 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

I think this is slightly different. With the others we sent them out on loan and ended up selling them. With CHO we are telling him he is the future of Chelsea but he’s not interested. 

Sarri isn't really showing that. However it is not really his job.

14 minutes ago, terraloon said:

So how many other 18 year olds in the PL are getting more minutes than him ? I doubt more than a handful at most

He is entitled but you could likewise argue the club is entitled to run down his contract and not give  him one minute of football for the second half of this season and indeed all next season

What's the point in that and lose 40m? It would be crazy.

I called it a week ago, if he didn't start either game against arsenal and spurs, then a transfer request seemed likely. 

Good news is reportedly Leipzig have made an offer which includes a buy back clause, so we could always try and keep things amicable, and see if we can get him to go to Leipzig.

Then try and get another winger in to replace him. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

What's the point in that and lose 40m? It would be crazy.

Not advocating it I am talking about what in theory the club could do  and indeed have done before in the past.

35 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Have we though? He’s been chucked on for the last 10 minutes in most games since the first spurs game and didn’t even get on in the second leg. His options are still really limited so is fully entitled to want out.

I meant compared to the start of the season when he could not even get in the squad or even start the cup games. He is playing more regularly now, but yeah has not start a league game as of yet. 

30 minutes ago, terraloon said:

Yes, but how many 18 year olds in the PL are as good as CHO? Not much if any. If you know what you are capable of and other teams are aware, then his drive to play more games is understandable. 

11 minutes ago, big blue said:

I called it a week ago, if he didn't start either game against arsenal and spurs, then a transfer request seemed likely. 

Good news is reportedly Leipzig have made an offer which includes a buy back clause, so we could always try and keep things amicable, and see if we can get him to go to Leipzig.

Then try and get another winger in to replace him. 

I highly doubt he wants to move to Leipzig. He would start a lot more there but not the same level of quality and will be playing with top players at Bayern.

31 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

Sell him already. £40M for an 18 year old? I’d bite Bayerns hand for that. 

No mate keep him and he'll become priceless and a club legend. I bet he's bound to be the national team's star as well. As soon as next season he can be starting most games, why not, at 18-19 most legends were playing 20-30 games a season. And how well it's simple, Pedro is old, Willian is old and Hazard is probably going to Madrid.

But even if Hazard stays it's always Hudson-Odoi/Hazard/Pulisic as our primary wingers, the new gen. I mean cmon he's got the blood of Chelsea in him and he's from London.

Sell Willian and Pedro, promote Hudson-Odoi.

8 minutes ago, STATS said:

I meant compared to the start of the season when he could not even get in the squad or even start the cup games. He is playing more regularly now, but yeah has not start a league game as of yet. 

Yes, but how many 18 year olds in the PL are as good as CHO? Not much if any. If you know what you are capable of and other teams are aware, then his drive to play more games is understandable. 

I highly doubt he wants to move to Leipzig. He would start a lot more there but not the same level of quality and will be playing with top players at Bayern.

Leipzig have been great at bringing through young players though, if he really wants game time for his development, it would be the best move in my opinion. 

He still has 18 months left here, so there is still room for compromise. 

The worse possible outcome would be a straight sale to bayern. 

Also if he leaves now, rather than the summer, he won't qualify as homegrown further down the line, as he has spent 3 full seasons between 16 and 21. Another reason to dig our heels in a bit.

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

No mate keep him and he'll become priceless and a club legend. I bet he's bound to be the national team's star as well. As soon as next season he can be starting most games, why not, at 18-19 most legends were playing 20-30 games a season. And how well it's simple, Pedro is old, Willian is old and Hazard is probably going to Madrid.

But even if Hazard stays it's always Hudson-Odoi/Hazard/Pulisic as our primary wingers, the new gen. I mean cmon he's got the blood of Chelsea in him and he's from London.

Sell Willian and Pedro, promote Hudson-Odoi.

Good plan but he wants to leave. 

15 minutes ago, big blue said:

Leipzig have been great at bringing through young players though, if he really wants game time for his development, it would be the best move in my opinion. 

He still has 18 months left here, so there is still room for compromise. 

The worse possible outcome would be a straight sale to bayern. 

Also if he leaves now, rather than the summer, he won't qualify as homegrown further down the line, as he has spent 3 full seasons between 16 and 21. Another reason to dig our heels in a bit.

Yes, but he will play at Bayern in the biggest competitions and with world class players. Leipzig would be brilliant for his development but there is a world class team showing intent to buy you. It will be hard for him to ignore that. He probably knows he is not going to start every game but playing for a team that will be competing for honours every season, he will prefer that move I am sure. I do agree with what you are saying btw.

“Yes, but how many 18 year olds in the PL are as good as CHO? Not much if any. If you know what you are capable of and other teams are aware, then his drive to play more games is understandable.”

See that’s the very point. Other than the very odd exception players younger than CHO is now are even close to making their first team debut. Even the likes of Marcus Rashford and Deli Ali were older when they made their first team debuts in the PL

I can understand why he is impatient but he is still very very young to be expecting to get a regular starting place on the first team bench let alone a regular starting place

As a fan the transfer request is awful news.

Although I can't blame him. Sign a new contract and be sent on loan for the next 3 years?

Our treatment of young players has been disgusting at times so reputation goes before us unfortunately.

He wants to leave to somewhere he will get a proper opportunity - good on him.

We’ve made him the player he is, invested in him as a kid. I think handing in a transfer request is a complete disrespect of our club. Amazing how he is being advised. Young players turning down 80k, game has gone mad!

1 hour ago, terraloon said:

“Yes, but how many 18 year olds in the PL are as good as CHO? Not much if any. If you know what you are capable of and other teams are aware, then his drive to play more games is understandable.”

See that’s the very point. Other than the very odd exception players younger than CHO is now are even close to making their first team debut. Even the likes of Marcus Rashford and Deli Ali were older when they made their first team debuts in the PL

I can understand why he is impatient but he is still very very young to be expecting to get a regular starting place on the first team bench let alone a regular starting place

Rashford was the same age when he broke through at United.

I do think handing in a transfer request is a dick move from him though. If it wasn't for the club, he may never have been discovered.

I'm thinking this is a made up story.  How does anyone know Bayern have guaranteed him first team football (if thats even a thing) if they are not allowed to speak to him?  If it is true the offer will still be there come the summer so stick it out and see how it goes, he must have some love for the club to give it at least another 6 months.

In Rashfords breakout season he made 18 appearances according to wiki, and that was mainly down to a striker injury crisis at Utd.  CHO has 10 appearances so far and most of them have come recently.  So I'd say there is a positive progression there.  

I think the club is in a difficult position, it needs to get CL football for all kinds of reasons including convincing Eden to stay, but also give game time and gamble on a lad who's just turned 18.  We may be able to do both but its risky and I think the club would take the CL money and resign Hazard over CHO.  

Exactly the kind of wakeup call we needed.

Kid gets an offer to move to one of the biggest clubs in Europe where he will still likely get more minutes and get developed properly. Why is any surprised he wants to go?

This is 10 years of chaotic youth development come home to roost.

Now of course we should say no. 18 months is a long time in the life of an 18 year old. Minds can be changed in that time, but for god's sake he needs to play!

Note also that Bayern are making this offer and made no move for Pulisic when they hoover all of the decent talent in Germany. Make of that what you will.

He still should start tonight.

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If and I say IF he has handed in a transfer request then we have to sell. No one bigger than the club.

Its on BBC, its legit. 

Sell him. This is really on Sarri and a failure of his man management this year. WIllian has been awful and Sarri has persisted with him. CHO should have been involved in the Spurs second leg. I'd wager he's aware that he's not starting tomorrow and that might have also given him a reason. 

It's not a good move for him in my opinion, Bayern are a big big club and he has just as little guarantee of starting there. Especially if they have a manager change in the Summer.