Jump to content

enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, goose said:

Murphy and Lawrenson and both scouse loving w**kers. 

The word twat was invented just for Lawrenson. He thinks he is so witty and clever with his punditry. I would love to meet him just so I could ask him about the sh*te Robin Friday allegedly did in his kit bag when Cardiff played Brighton in '77.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, just said:

The word twat was invented just for Lawrenson. He thinks he is so witty and clever with his punditry. I would love to meet him just so I could ask him about the sh*te Robin Friday allegedly did in his kit bag when Cardiff played Brighton in '77.

Met lawrenson at a wedding in December, he is actually seeing a friend of mines mum. 

I can confirm he is just as much of a twat in person! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have never seen pundits try and push a young English talent out of another English club before. Where was the complaining about Harry Kane who went through multiple loans and only got picked for Tottenham because Soldado was sh*t? 
If Rashford was pushing for a move out of United 3 years ago, would the pundits be saying he should go through with it? nah, they would be saying he should stay. It happened with Loftus-Cheek last season too, they kept saying he should leave Chelsea. 
Then there is Foden at City, why aren't they saying he should leave? He's in the exact same situation that Hudson-Odoi is in. They try and pretend that they care about the player, but really they just don't want to see the best young English talent playing for Chelsea. 
They were saying Rashford should move even without him pushing for it. I particularly remember quite a few discussions on that very topic. Given our history (youth), club ambition and short-termism (board), it's not surprising for pundits to say this, but at the same time the club have been making the right noises recently so I can't understand why an 18 year old would be this eager to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it rather indicative of what direction the club is heading in under Marina that we are being held to ransom by an 18-year-old...clearly talented but something's wrong when we are the ones begging for him to stay rather than the other way around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Brit said:

I find it rather indicative of what direction the club is heading in under Marina that we are being held to ransom by an 18-year-old...clearly talented but something's wrong when we are the ones begging for him to stay rather than the other way around 

Didn’t city lose 2 of theirs in Diaz and Sanchez as well ? I don’t see the Marina connection here.. care to elaborate how she could change things ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think CHO needs a good chat with the club and Sarri. For all he knows he signs for Bayern and he will play 2 games for them in this season. They are even bigger club than Chelsea. They wont budge over if a young player makes demands. Robben and Ribery will fight for their spots and those two are probably much more nasty than Willian and Pedro. 

Just read he has 18 months left on his contract so we should definetly keep him end of the season. Sarri has rest of the season to play him. 

From what I've seen he can be put in to any game against any opponent. 

Edited by evissy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, evissy said:

I think CHO needs a good chat with the club and Sarri. For all he knows he signs for Bayern and he will play 2 games for them in this season. They are even bigger club than Chelsea. They wont budge over if a young player makes demands. Robben and Ribery will fight for their spots and those two are probably much more nasty than Willian and Pedro. 

Just read he has 18 months left on his contract so we should definetly keep him end of the season. Sarri has rest of the season to play him. 

From what I've seen he can be put in to any game against any opponent. 

Robben hasn’t played since Nov, and Ribery Dec. They are both on their way out. If they are willing to pay £40m+ for his services, they are going to play him and give him a season or 2. The only problem with a move to Bayern is they already have Muller, Conman as starters, so he will be competing for a sub role with   Gnabry & Alphonso Davies. What works in their favour is they rotate a lot so he will play.

I reckon the transfer request was a final push/ultimatum by Bayern his father/agent to get the move done by the end of this window, or they will move on to other targets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His goal apart. He was f**king awful against second rate opposition yesterday. If he thinks he has an entitlement to first team football here I am very comfortable in seeing him sold. 

Hes proven nothing. Needs to work and earn it it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bayern can do one

Think the club needs to dig in and just say no. If CHO still feels this way over the summer, so be it. But there is absolutely no way we should be selling 3 days from the close of the January window with no replacement lined up. Even if just for our needs this season, our squad starts looking very thin with 1-2 injuries. 

1st choice wingers: Hazard, Pedro

2nd choice wingers: Willian, CHO

1st choice mid-3: Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante

2nd choice mid-3: RLC, Barkley, Amapdu (?)

Any injury to any of the above, or loss of form, and we're starting to look too thin to be competing for FA Cup, Europa and PL 4th place. 

If we leave 10-20 million on the table and sell CHO this summer, then so be it. Would rather have a deeper squad and a better chance at getting CL qualification. 2 year without CL is a long time....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, big blue said:

Met lawrenson at a wedding in December, he is actually seeing a friend of mines mum. 

I can confirm he is just as much of a twat in person! 

Still, this may have cleared up other rumours about him!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The assistant first team coach was on media duty following this evening’s 3-0 win, when a Willian brace sandwiched a fine strike from Hudson-Odoi.

Amid rumours the 18-year-old has handed in a transfer request, and with Blues fans having expressed their wish for him to remain in west London, Zola explained the situation from the management’s perspective.

‘We want him to stay, we were singing as well!’ he laughed.

‘I don’t know if he will stay. We want him to stay, he has a contract, we are playing him, we believe in what he can do for this team.

‘There are not many 18 year olds in Europe who are playing as much as he is in a big team. That shows we believe him, we think he can be an important player for us, so we will see what happens.

‘We can do as much as we can do. He has a lot of strong players around him but we are still finding space to play him.

‘If we played him it’s because yesterday in training his attitude was excellent. He really played well. He scored a fantastic goal in training yesterday too. He didn’t show any signs which is why he played today.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like people are desperate for someone to blame in this scenario, but I don't really see it like that.

It's just an unfortunate (and pretty rare situation) in that the player seemingly wants to leave Chelsea.

Does that make CHO a snake? No. He just wants to leave.

Is it the clubs fault? Not for me. He has been grown and nurtured by the club, and there is a contract offer on the table which most 18 year olds would consider a statement of intent alone at a club like Chelsea.

Is it Sarri's fault? Again, not for me. We would all like to have seen him play for in the first half of the season, but he has just turned 18 and is literally breaking into the first team in front of everyone's eyes. He is now getting a respectable amount of minutes, and there is every reason to believe that if he is good enough he will take a starting place. When you consider that Hazard is likely to leave in the summer, and Pedro & Willian are in the final stages of their career, there is even more reason for him to believe their is a long term role in the starting 11 at Chelsea. On Sarri's part, he has made it clear CHO is good enough, and is in his plans. He has spelt it out in no uncertain terms.

So I am not having the narrative that CHO is a snake, or that this is 'typical Chelsea' messing it up. He just wants to leave. He may regret it, he my not. But it is what it is, no need to find someone to blame.

What I would say, is that Chelsea need to boss this situation. Bayern have been fairly aggressive in their persuit, and equally CHO has thrown in a transfer request days away from the close of the window. Chelsea need to make a statement that we are in charge, not CHO, and not Bayern.

Personally, I would continue to play him, and refuse to sell until the summer, unless a suitable replacement can be brought in. This is the same stance we would take with Hazard if he wanted to leave in January, so I don't see why CHO should be treated any different. We will still get a substantial fee in the summer, and we can also give CHO 6 months of playing time to ensure we have given him every opportunity to consider the offer on the table from Chelsea. I am not a fan of keeping unhappy players in the camp, but this is a fairly unique situation, and one I think we need to dig our heel in on. It has been done to us many time before (Stones most recently, after he handed in a transfer request), so i would like us to show we are calling the shots on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawrenson’s remark about SB being the Kensington Oval just about sums up his smug approach to life. This was Wednesday’s cup final and we did not sell out. Would like to hear what he said about the atmosphere on Thursday.

Back to Callum. If I was him I would go. Personally, I would love him to stay.

But I can’t see him being given the air time to develop his skills and he should move on which will be our loss.

He went to the same primary school in Colliers Wood as my nephews and is by all accounts a decent chap.

Like I say I hope he stays but if I was him I would not trust the club to take him to the next level. To blame the kid for wanting to leave is nuts and to blame Chelsea for having better players (at the moment) is also nuts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Swan said:

Lawrenson’s remark about SB being the Kensington Oval just about sums up his smug approach to life. This was Wednesday’s cup final and we did not sell out. Would like to hear what he said about the atmosphere on Thursday.

Back to Callum. If I was him I would go. Personally, I would love him to stay.

But I can’t see him being given the air time to develop his skills and he should move on which will be our loss.

He went to the same primary school in Colliers Wood as my nephews and is by all accounts a decent chap.

Like I say I hope he stays but if I was him I would not trust the club to take him to the next level. To blame the kid for wanting to leave is nuts and to blame Chelsea for having better players (at the moment) is also nuts.

 

He's been given a decent amount of minutes for an 18 year old, hopefully that will carry on.

Personally he should stay and develop with us, if you are good enough you will play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to post something similar myself.

I think Sarri and the club could have done a bit more. When we have had injuries and a lot of fixtures and the team wasn't playing that well, he could certainly have got more playing time and you would like to think the club and coaching staff have all been saying the right things to him - "we rate you, just be patient etc ........"

But as you rightly point out, this is a unique situation. The club looking to sign him are not just any club, they are massive and ANY players head would be turned, never mind an 18 year old not getting much game time. All that said, the player himself now has to show what all the fuss is about. I have raved about CHO but when he has had minutes he hasn't exactly set the world alight. Yesterday, just before he scored, I said to my son, he needs to do more. He should be taking their defenders to the cleaners and really stealing the show, but it was a pretty average performance and although he did well for the goal, a better keeper would have kept it out. 

I would love him to be a CFC star player of the future but I also understand the club not wanting to be held to ransom and dictated to by an 18 year old who may or may not become something special. The lad himself needs to give serious thought to what he wants and the fact he has plenty of time on his side but regrettably, with agents / hangers on all wanting their slice he is probably getting all sorts of advice, much of it not being good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

It looks like people are desperate for someone to blame in this scenario, but I don't really see it like that.

It's just an unfortunate (and pretty rare situation) in that the player seemingly wants to leave Chelsea.

Does that make CHO a snake? No. He just wants to leave.

Is it the clubs fault? Not for me. He has been grown and nurtured by the club, and there is a contract offer on the table which most 18 year olds would consider a statement of intent alone at a club like Chelsea.

Is it Sarri's fault? Again, not for me. We would all like to have seen him play for in the first half of the season, but he has just turned 18 and is literally breaking into the first team in front of everyone's eyes. He is now getting a respectable amount of minutes, and there is every reason to believe that if he is good enough he will take a starting place. When you consider that Hazard is likely to leave in the summer, and Pedro & Willian are in the final stages of their career, there is even more reason for him to believe their is a long term role in the starting 11 at Chelsea. On Sarri's part, he has made it clear CHO is good enough, and is in his plans. He has spelt it out in no uncertain terms.

So I am not having the narrative that CHO is a snake, or that this is 'typical Chelsea' messing it up. He just wants to leave. He may regret it, he my not. But it is what it is, no need to find someone to blame.

What I would say, is that Chelsea need to boss this situation. Bayern have been fairly aggressive in their persuit, and equally CHO has thrown in a transfer request days away from the close of the window. Chelsea need to make a statement that we are in charge, not CHO, and not Bayern.

Personally, I would continue to play him, and refuse to sell until the summer, unless a suitable replacement can be brought in. This is the same stance we would take with Hazard if he wanted to leave in January, so I don't see why CHO should be treated any different. We will still get a substantial fee in the summer, and we can also give CHO 6 months of playing time to ensure we have given him every opportunity to consider the offer on the table from Chelsea. I am not a fan of keeping unhappy players in the camp, but this is a fairly unique situation, and one I think we need to dig our heel in on. It has been done to us many time before (Stones most recently, after he handed in a transfer request), so i would like us to show we are calling the shots on this one.

Completely agree with this assessment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't look like an unahppy player when he's actually playing, so I'd say there are still hope to keep him. We will get good money in 6 months time should we decide to let him go, so what if we lose 5 or 10M? I'd take that chance and hopefully to turn the situation around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say minimum is to keep him until summer. That is if Sarri is willing to rate him on the level of Pedro and Willian by playing him. 

I would also advice CHO to get professional representation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...