Jump to content


enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Not many players after handing in a transfer request and refusing to sign a new contract are going to start games regularly, let alone an 18 year old with his career all in front of him with no experience.

Not many 18 y/o have one of the largest European clubs coming in to pay a hefty fee in hopes he will replace their own aging star wingers, particularly ones who can't even get a game in their own poorly performing sides.

The current handling of it is the height of stupidity.  Either the club rates CHO or they don't, but if they don't why did they turn down 40million for the kid?  If they do rate him, why are they managing him in such a fashion he is nearly guaranteed to push for an exit or sign with another club on a free within a year?

It's like the stance is "we value him too much to sell him now, but not enough to play him enough that he'll actually sign a contract extension".  

This winter window we've paid 60million for a player who is going to stay at another club for half a season, and then tossed away a 40million offer to keep a player who rarely makes it off the bench and is often not even in the squad......  Might as well have spent 100million to get a top player immediately in hopes of nailing CL football (and monies) for next season.

Ya, I'm beginning to see why so many are questioning this board of ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

Pedro is out for the Malmo game. CHO had better get some minutes.

I would be calling for him to start, but that's clearly expecting too much at this point

Seriously, if CHO doesn't get a start for this game then I'd escort him to Bayern myself since he deserves better than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He HAS to start tonight. Both CHO and Ampadu should be nailed on for this.

And if they do well - keep them in the side for the final on Sunday. That should be how things work unless I'm missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think it's nailed on.....but you wouldn't bet your house on it would you.

Such a shame to see our chances of persuading him to stay in the summer wash away before our eyes, all while we are persisting with out of form and ageing players in lieu.

One of Sarri's biggest and most unforgivable f**k ups in my opinion...

Edited by mclovin83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

You would think it's nailed on.....but you wouldn't bet your house on it would you.

Such a shame to see our chances of persuading him to stay in the summer wash away before our eyes, all while we are persisting with out of form and ageing players in lieu.

One of Sarri's biggest and most unforgivable f**k ups in my opinion...

Exactly and it's the main reason why I'm not against sacking him.

If this was truly a project, he would be thinking about the squad for next season and the season after. Half our team won't be starting for us in 18 months, thats quite clear now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Exactly and it's the main reason why I'm not against sacking him.

If this was truly a project, he would be thinking about the squad for next season and the season after. Half our team won't be starting for us in 18 months, thats quite clear now. 

 

Yes, I was about to post something along similar lines - maybe the wrong thread.

What could save Sarri is if he has met with the board and said, look, I'll do what I can for the rest of this season but I am now planning and building for next season and beyond. So I am no longer going to select players I know for sure won't be here next season and give games to players who are our future and identify the positions where we need to sign players before next season. Decisions should be made NOW on players like

Luiz, Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Kovacic + a lot of the deadwood (Zapper, Drinkwater, Giroud etc)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Nibs said:

What could save Sarri is if he has met with the board and said, look, I'll do what I can for the rest of this season but I am now planning and building for next season and beyond. So I am no longer going to select players I know for sure won't be here next season and give games to players who are our future and identify the positions where we need to sign players before next season. Decisions should be made NOW on players like

Luiz, Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Kovacic + a lot of the deadwood (Zapper, Drinkwater, Giroud etc)

I think you would wait until this weekend's final and the Spurs match is over and then say given where we are let's now start planning for brining in the youth and who we want to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHO should start tonight against Malmö. But Sarri will put Willian and Hazard most likely, which doesn't make his current level of popularity any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Did they do that same stat for and poster for Foden?.

The guy who got 90 minutes and two goals this past weekend?  Why, are City's attacking wide players absolute rubbish this season?  Because I thought they were averaging something like 3 goals a game and were top of the league over at the Etihad.....

They might both be highly talented teens, but there is a world of difference between their scenarios and thus what they should be expecting..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Did they do that same stat for and poster for Foden?.

difference is: who is ahead of Foden? Its not over 30 wingers who have clearly slowed down. Foden has players ahead of him that still make a positive impact for City and he still gets minutes -- that being said, I would be curious as to how many minutes Foden has played as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Bridges said:

The guy who got 90 minutes and two goals this past weekend?  Why, are City's attacking wide players absolute rubbish this season?  Because I thought they were averaging something like 3 goals a game and were top of the league over at the Etihad.....

They might both be highly talented teens, but there is a world of difference between their scenarios and thus what they should be expecting..... 

But they weren't playing Man Utd, if we were playing Newport away i would off expected Odoi to have started. Odoi started Tottenham away in the cup semi final away, much bigger game than any Foden has played in. Pep is the one who is always lavishing Foden but no one seems to ask why they dont play him more, why buy Mahrez?. Im not saying Sarri has played Odoi enough, but i dont see the same pressure and neediness to play Odoi than i do for Foden, just makes me laugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

But they weren't playing Man Utd, if we were playing Newport away i would off expected Odoi to have started. Odoi started Tottenham away in the cup semi final away, much bigger game than any Foden has played in. Pep is the one who is always lavishing Foden but no one seems to ask why they dont play him more, why buy Mahrez?. Im not saying Sarri has played Odoi enough, but i dont see the same pressure and neediness to play Odoi than i do for Foden, just makes me laugh. 

Malmo I expected CHO to start.  Huddersfield I expected CHO to start.  Dissapointed in those, no reason to expect why Newport would be much difference. You do realize that CHO is actually our player with the most goals and assists in the FA cup run this season right?  Combine that with the form of Pedro and Willian, why shouldn't he have started against MUFC in the FA cup?  Would he have done worse?  It wasn't a surprise performance, it was the standard of recent times.well, maybe a surprise to you.

Pal you're the one bringing up Foden and if you don't see the difference between why we need CHO more than MCFC needs Foden right now then I suggest you start watching some games before the season is over because clearly you've not been watching until now.

Also,  if MCFC want to alienate their best youth by not giving them chances and putting obstacles in their then guess how much I care?  Yup, zilch. Then again, it's not so alienating when the reason you're not getting much time is because the senior players ahead of you are on form among the best there is in Europe and they're still competing to win all competitions they are in....at least Foden can delude himself that Pep will give him a chance when those players fail him..... CHO has clearly been shown that even if the players in front of him are crap or injured, one of the fullbacks might play instead of him.

That aside, did Bayern come in for a 40million offer for Foden? That you keep comparing an apple to an orange is pretty laughable

 

Edit: and another reason MCFC fans might not care like we didn't care in the past about youth coming through, is likely because MCFC fans know if Foden leaves and they need a top quality replacement that their club will go get exactly that in the transfer market.  They will spend what it takes, and if they get it wrong they will reinvest until they get it right.  We are not that club anymore, and so we can't risk letting more gems slip through our hands due to a complete case of mismanagement.

Edited by Barry Bridges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

Malmo I expected CHO to start.  Huddersfield I expected CHO to start.  Dissapointed in those, no reason to expect why Newport would be much difference. You do realize that CHO is actually our player with the most goals and assists in the FA cup run this season right?  Combine that with the form of Pedro and Willian, why shouldn't he have started against MUFC in the FA cup?  Would he have done worse?  It wasn't a surprise performance, it was the standard of recent times.well, maybe a surprise to you.

Pal you're the one bringing up Foden and if you don't see the difference between why we need CHO more than MCFC needs Foden right now then I suggest you start watching some games before the season is over because clearly you've not been watching until now.

Also,  if MCFC want to alienate their best youth by not giving them chances and putting obstacles in their then guess how much I care?  Yup, zilch. Then again, it's not so alienating when the reason you're not getting much time is because the senior players ahead of you are on form among the best there is in Europe and they're still competing to win all competitions they are in....at least Foden can delude himself that Pep will give him a chance when those players fail him..... CHO has clearly been shown that even if the players in front of him are crap or injured, one of the fullbacks might play instead of him.

That aside, did Bayern come in for a 40million offer for Foden? That you keep comparing an apple to an orange is pretty laughable

 

Edit: and another reason MCFC fans might not care like we didn't care in the past about youth coming through, is likely because MCFC fans know if Foden leaves and they need a top quality replacement that their club will go get exactly that in the transfer market.  They will spend what it takes, and if they get it wrong they will reinvest until they get it right.  We are not that club anymore, and so we can't risk letting more gems slip through our hands due to a complete case of mismanagement.

You make it sound as if i don't want or think CHO should start more games? i do. I just think the media attention on CHO not playing isn't the same as Pep not playing Foden. The media didnt give a rats ass about CHO until the Bayern Munich stuff, now they want to keep bringing it up. Pep didnt have to buy Mahrez, he only plays Foden in the league when they are 5-0 up.

No Bayern didn't come in for £40M offer for Foden you are correct but Foden has just signed a 5 year contract, CHO hasn't. If Foden had 18 months left and wasn't signing a new deal, Bayern may be intrested too.

You talk about City fans not caring, yes but its easy to say that when you are winning. But things in football change quickly, if Sancho comes to the premier league and joins Man Utd and rips it up and Utd become better than City i guarantee they will care then. Its a sh*tty attitude to have, oh well we will go into the market and find someone better, it's not always easy as that. It's not like Man city haven't wasted money on crap before Pep took over.

Look at the England world cup squad that Foden and CHO were involved in and see how many are playing first team football in the premier league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...