Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma

10 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Who else is? I am talking of Sane, Sterling, Salah, Mane type player. 

Hazard/Willian are your hybrid 10a that would rather come in, Pedro is a runner 

So Pedro and hazard aren't direct? 

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Yes our attackers need to be able to defend first before worrying about scoring or making goals as our defence is sh*t and needs all the help it can get. That is why CHO does not play more. Sarri is right!

Who picks and coaches our defenders though?....

Who said he needs to defend first? 

Been the best player on the pitch. You can see the confidence the players have him in too. Constantly passing the ball to him. He is taking the attention of Sterling as the commentary team mentioned. Has put in brilliant crosses and looks so menacing when he is running directly at the opponent. Man, we better keep this lad. (One of our own).

Sarri giving this lad just over 100 minutes in the league is baffling. Future world-beater and we face the very real possebility of losing him because of lack of playing time. Borderline sackable offense by the manager.

Played more for England in a week than he's done in eight months in the league.

Edited by Sindre

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

This defensive phase stuff being seen as most important. 3 goals conceded and 1 scored last 2 games. Clearly Pedro helped our defense lots...

Who has said its most important? 

Just now, ducavis said:

Think Sarri mentioned something about the defensive phase in Nov & repeated the same line in Jan

Did he not say it was a part he needs to understand, not it was the most important etc. Which is true. 

6 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Sarri giving this lad just over 100 minutes in the league is baffling. Future world-beater and we face the very real possebility of losing him because of lack of playing time. Borderline sackable offense by the manager.

Played more for England in a week than he's done in eight months in the league.

Because Sarri is looking at his age, not just what he can do on the field.  And Sarri suffers from the same pressure as every Chelsea manager:  he has to win and can't/won't trust a young player prone to inexperience & mistakes.  In fact, I think it's worse for Sarri because the main criticism of him is that he hasn't won anything.  He's trying really hard to win something and isn't going to risk a costly mistake by a young player.

Edited by Boston Blue

2 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Think Sarri mentioned something about the defensive phase in Nov & repeated the same line in Jan

Possibly I dont remeber when. His lack of using Callum and using Pedro and Willian more implies he values defensive work rate more than attacking ability because both of them are not as good as CHO imo.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Did he not say it was a part he needs to understand, not it was the most important etc. Which is true. 

‘He has to improve, I think, in movement without the ball.

‘As a winger, he has to improve in the defensive phase, but he has the potential to become a very important player, not only for English football I think but for European football.’

2 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Because Sarri is looking at his age, not just what he can do on the field.  And Sarri suffers from the same pressure as every Chelsea manager:  he has to win and can't/won't trust a young player prone to inexperience & mistakes.  In fact, I think it's worse for Sarri because the main criticism of him is that he hasn't won anything.  He's trying really hard to win something and isn't going to risk a costly mistake by a young player.

I disagree, I don’t think Sarri was under any pressure to win anything, he was & is under pressure to improve us, he has failed.

6 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Look at his age for what? If you are good enough you are old enough. CHO clearly is. And every manager face pressure. Southgate also needs to win and he starts him.

Sarri's handling of Hudson likely means we lose him in a few months. That is what we can call an extremely costly mistake here.

And we are sixth with Sarri's old guard. He's not done too well has he.

Edited by Sindre

2 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

I disagree, I don’t think Sarri was under any pressure to win anything, he was & is under pressure to improve us, he has failed.

8 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

The England managers job carries an incredible amount of expectations. If his CHO experiment had gone pear shaped tonight, Southgate would have been panned in the press. He took a risk showed trust and is getting reward for the bold decision.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Look at his age for what? If you are good enough you are old enough. CHO clearly is. And every manager face pressure. Southgate also needs to win and he starts him.

Sarri's handling of Hudson likely means we lose him in a few months. That is what we can call an extremely costly mistake here.

And we are sixth with Sarri's old guard. He's not done too well has he.

Looks at his age and believes he (and the supporters) should be more patient about his play time.  

I agree - we may lose him.  Sarri says he's on par with Willian & Pedro, and then makes him sit on the bench while Willian and Pedro put in mediocre performances.  

A also agree.....I can live with the inconsistent performances if we are developing young players for the future.  

13 minutes ago, shedpensioner said:

Under pressure by the club to get us into the Champions League.  And I'm sure he was putting pressure on himself to win something so people would stop saying he hasn't won anything.

We agree he has failed to improve us as a team, and I don't think he's improved one single player either.