enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Feel really really bad for the lad, he'd just had his 'breakthrough' season, popular in Germany , featured more for us lot & the senior England appearances, as said above could it get any worse in SW6 ?

19 minutes ago, Remodez said:

I just hope the same thing that happened to Zouma and van Ginkel doesn't happen to him.

It's not a good injury to get. Especially young in a career. I am not sure if he will be back in 2019

We've got willian, pulisic and Pedro though....

22 minutes ago, Remodez said:

I just hope the same thing that happened to Zouma and van Ginkel doesn't happen to him.

It'll be a long road to recovery and even when he comes back he won't be the same player for a while. He will have to work back to getting his explosiveness back. He might be healthy enough to play in 7-8 months but he won't be back to the way he was until the start of 2020.

Posted (edited)

LOL

Who let Rafa Benetiz and his fact-less facts into the forum? 

He's literally having a go at fans/posters who have a go at Willian/Pedro whilst he's having a go at CHO.  

You can't act as if it's ok to have a go at CHO for 2 mediocre/poor performances whilst attacking others for having a go at two much more established players who've put in dozens of equally or even more poor performances between them. That's pathetic fanboy sh*t right there pal. 

Here's a fact for all your "truth whether you see it or not", "bottom line", and "I won't stand for it" nonsense.....your opinion is just as subjective as everyone else's............ 

I also love the guy giving a CHO a hardtime for a poor performance against one of the best teams in Europe in one of his first ever PL starts (and likely his toughest ever opponent he's ever played a competitive game against) but then had this to say in Jorginho's defense, someone touted as one of the best midfielders in the world when he came (and still is to some, it's just the other 10 players fault he isn't shinning) after yet another awful display against a worse team 

"Of course he struggles in these games. That's supposed to happen. If he didn't, then the game would be easy. "

LOL....but not for a highly talented 18 year old just getting PL starts against a team proven to be one of the best in Europe this season and last, right? LOL

Edited by Barry Bridges

56 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

LOL

Who let Rafa Benetiz and his fact-less facts into the forum? 

He's literally having a go at fans/posters who have a go at Willian/Pedro whilst he's having a go at CHO.  

You can't act as if it's ok to have a go at CHO for 2 mediocre/poor performances whilst attacking others for having a go at two much more established players who've put in dozens of equally or even more poor performances between them. That's pathetic fanboy sh*t right there pal. 

Here's a fact for all your "truth whether you see it or not", "bottom line", and "I won't stand for it" nonsense.....your opinion is just as subjective as everyone else's............ 

I also love the guy giving a CHO a hardtime for a poor performance against one of the best teams in Europe in one of his first ever PL starts (and likely his toughest ever opponent he's ever played a competitive game against) but then had this to say in Jorginho's defense, someone touted as one of the best midfielders in the world when he came (and still is to some, it's just the other 10 players fault he isn't shinning) after yet another awful display against a worse team 

"Of course he struggles in these games. That's supposed to happen. If he didn't, then the game would be easy. "

LOL....but not for a highly talented 18 year old just getting PL starts against a team proven to be one of the best in Europe this season and last, right? LOL

Think that second bit was me.

Jorginho is meant to struggle because he's playing in the middle of the pitch. His job is struggling. Is being surrounded constantly. I think he's not a great player, but I think anyone else who has played there this season has done worse (fabregas and kovacic). 

CHO I can forgive not playing well. But the kid put a transfer request in because he thought he was good enough to start for us and tried to force a move to Bayern Munich. Then when playing Liverpool he went missing. He didn't play "badly". He hid. He didn't run, he didn't gamble. He hid. And if he wants to play with the big boys then I will criticise him. He's not a child. He's a first team Chelsea player. 

I think a few people here don't realise CHO is going to walk out on us the moment he gets a chance. And that will be a month after he comes back from his injury. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Think that second bit was me.

Jorginho is meant to struggle because he's playing in the middle of the pitch. His job is struggling. Is being surrounded constantly. I think he's not a great player, but I think anyone else who has played there this season has done worse (fabregas and kovacic). 

CHO I can forgive not playing well. But the kid put a transfer request in because he thought he was good enough to start for us and tried to force a move to Bayern Munich. Then when playing Liverpool he went missing. He didn't play "badly". He hid. He didn't run, he didn't gamble. He hid. And if he wants to play with the big boys then I will criticise him. He's not a child. He's a first team Chelsea player. 

I think a few people here don't realise CHO is going to walk out on us the moment he gets a chance. And that will be a month after he comes back from his injury. 

First of all there's a massive difference between handing in a transfer request because you've only gotten 42 minutes of play in the PL when the season is already half done, and demanding you're an instant starter for every game.  This whole notion of he was demanding to be one of the first names on the team sheet every single match is a bit revisionist in my view.....and yes, based on the performances we saw from him in the EL (the only competition he was getting any minutes) and what Pedro/Willian were producing ......CHO was good enough to start for us.

I  do agree with the bold bit....I just find it funny you apply this so harshly to a 18 year old on his third ever PL start against one of the best teams in Europe (and obviously the most difficult team CHO has ever played against competitively...agian, ever) and  seemingly not at all to a 27 year old who was on his 28th PL start of the season with almost a decade more experience.

I think a few people here don't realize they have no better clue as to what a specific player is going to do than anyone else.

Edited by Barry Bridges

23 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What exactly did Pedro do that made him better? He runs around a lot but he doesn’t exactly scare defenders. He never stretches the play. He’ll always come inside. Callum hasn’t set the world a light since getting in the team but for me, at 18 that’s fine. At 30 & 31 for Willian and Pedro to put in the performances that they do, is not. They should be at their peak.

From the highlights I saw Pedro should have had an assist yet Higuaín fluffed his lines virtually passing to their keeper.

10 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

First of all there's a massive difference between handing in a transfer request because you've only gotten 42 minutes of play in the PL when the season is already half done, and demanding you're an instant starter for every game.  This whole notion of he was demanding to be one of the first names on the team sheet every single match is a bit revisionist in my view.....and yes, based on the performances we saw from him in the EL (the only competition he was getting any minutes) and what Pedro/Willian were producing ......CHO was good enough to start for us.

I  do agree with the bold bit....I just find it funny you apply this so harshly to a 18 year old on his third ever PL start against one of the best teams in Europe (and obviously the most difficult team CHO has ever played against competitively...agian, ever) and  seemingly not at all to a 27 year old who was on his 28th PL start of the season with almost a decade more experience.

I think a few people here don't realize they have no better clue as to what a specific player is going to do than anyone else.

It's a bit easier to criticise someone who you know has the potential to be world class and isn't, than a player who you think isn't great

I will slag Willian off more than anyone else. 

22 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

It'll be a long road to recovery and even when he comes back he won't be the same player for a while. He will have to work back to getting his explosiveness back. He might be healthy enough to play in 7-8 months but he won't be back to the way he was until the start of 2020.

This type of injury can often affect the speed of a player when they return. John Barnes had the same injury when he was at his peak at Liverpool, and was never fast enough to be effective on the wing again. Hopefully Callum can fully recover. 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Remodez said:

We get no f*cking luck do we when it comes to youth? 

Edited by dansubrosa

Just now, dansubrosa said:

We get no f*cking luck do we when it comes to youth? 

Hence Sarri didnt want to play him or loftus cheek every game. Let them know the system well, gain some experience here and there until they were 100 percent ready to go in the first team.

26 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Hence Sarri didnt want to play him or loftus cheek every game. Let them know the system well, gain some experience here and there until they were 100 percent ready to go in the first team.

What? Sorry, that’s utter bollox. Callum’s injury was pure bad luck in a freak incident. It has nothing to do with him playing every game. He could have hyperextended like that in training and the same thing would have happened. It’s just sh*t luck. 

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

What? Sorry, that’s utter bollox. Callum’s injury was pure bad luck in a freak incident. It has nothing to do with him playing every game. He could have hyperextended like that in training and the same thing would have happened. It’s just sh*t luck. 

Bollox or not the guy just turned 18 and he should not have being rushed into the first team.

2 hours ago, forbzy said:

This type of injury can often affect the speed of a player when they return. John Barnes had the same injury when he was at his peak at Liverpool, and was never fast enough to be effective on the wing again. Hopefully Callum can fully recover. 

This is very true. The only difference that may work in Callum's favor is the advancement of modern medicine in repairing torn and ruptured achilles. Where in the 80s and 90s this typically ruined a career, now athletes are able to come back to the field. Regardless, it is going to be a very long recovery and a very real possibility he is never as quick or fast as he was prior.

55 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Bollox or not the guy just turned 18 and he should not have being rushed into the first team.

It's easy to play the hindsight game after he has been injured. He wasn't rushed into the first team at all, IMO. Injuries happen in sports, it is extremely unfortunate but there is not much you can do with a ruptured achilles. Would you say the same about Zouma a few years ago when he landed awkwardly and tore up his knee? No, it happens. It's a part of life and sports in general.

2 hours ago, Gentian said:

Common now; Ronaldo, Fabregas, Messi all played more mins at a younger age.  Fabregas racked up 2400mins in both PL+CL at 17.

This is from the official statement a few hours ago:

"Callum successfully underwent surgery on his ruptured Achilles tendon last night. He will miss the rest of this campaign and will spend the summer undergoing rehabilitation in order to resume full training as soon as possible."

Anybody saying he will be "out until 2020" is just guessing.

3 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

It's easy to play the hindsight game after he has been injured. He wasn't rushed into the first team at all, IMO. Injuries happen in sports, it is extremely unfortunate but there is not much you can do with a ruptured achilles. Would you say the same about Zouma a few years ago when he landed awkwardly and tore up his knee? No, it happens. It's a part of life and sports in general.

Yes, you are right man its just hindsight talking. I guess am dissapointed he got injured so badly. 

2 hours ago, bluedave said:

Anybody saying he will be "out until 2020" is just guessing

It's always a guess, but January of 2020 is a very realistic timeline. 

On 23/04/2019 at 14:45, Boston Blue said:

I did my achilles in a similar way.  Felt like I had been kicked in the back of the leg, turned around, and nobody there.  I was able to hobble around for a couple of days.  Had surgery and was playing golf & football again in 9 months, but obviously without the physio stuff CHO will have access to as he rehabs.  I was heavily warned by doctors not to try to come back too soon to make sure the tendon repair healed properly.  If he's back before the Christmas period, I'd be surprised.

Do you think he will fully recover? I guess him being so young is a big advantage

1 minute ago, ekimozturk said:

Do you think he will fully recover? I guess him being so young is a big advantage

Apparently it's the opposite, the younger you are the more likely it will repeat itself.