Jump to content

enigma

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Exactly.  He didn't seem to have any positive pride on a Chelsea experience.  He's been there a long time, developed there, won a lot at Chelsea youth level, made his first team debut, scored his first PL goal, has had the supporters singing his name...…..and still not a single mention of any of it.

This isn't true. Look at the tweet he has had pinned to the top of his Twitter page since November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This isn't true. Look at the tweet he has had pinned to the top of his Twitter page since November.

We're specifically discussing the comments he made in The Player's Tribune piece.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, regarding that Players Tribune piece, I read it as more of a personal thing, revealing his childhood, growing up, his family and his wider life. He talks a lot about the World Cup with the England U17's, but that's understandable, it's the biggest achievement of his career so far. Even then, he talks about being scared of a peacock almost as much as that! I'm not saying I don't get a slight vibe that maybe his heart isn't with Chelsea as much as we'd want it to be, but maybe the damage had already been done, or maybe that's just who he is.

Personally, I still have a lot of hope that should he recover fully from his injury, he can go on to become a big player for us. Maybe with some time to reflect on what's been quite a big season in his senior career he'll see the amount of support he has here, and that the potential is there to make his mark as a club legend. As it stands, one thing at a time; he's going to be out for a while, so firstly let's just hope that he can sign an extension in the meantime and focus on getting back to where he's at now, as he had built up some good momentum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some potentially good news.

Bayern Munich have started negotiation with the reps of Manchester City's Leroy Sane for an immediate transfer. Sane has rejected a new contract at City.

If he goes then maybe that closes a spot for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Some potentially good news.

Bayern Munich have started negotiation with the reps of Manchester City's Leroy Sane for an immediate transfer. Sane has rejected a new contract at City.

If he goes then maybe that closes a spot for them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sane in our shirt......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Saw a rumour today that if Eden goes CHO wants the 10 shirt as part of any potential agreement to sign a new deal. 

While we're on the subject i wonder if David Luiz will go back to number 4 now Cesc is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it's worrying that he still hasn't signed an extension. I figure he'd be interested in signing now that he got injured but something tells me he's still waiting to see if Bayern comes back with an offer.

Unless he changed his tune from january we might be forced to sell him this summer as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sindre said:

To me it's worrying that he still hasn't signed an extension. I figure he'd be interested in signing now that he got injured but something tells me he's still waiting to see if Bayern comes back with an offer.

Unless he changed his tune from january we might be forced to sell him this summer as well. 

I feel the same.  I'm sure Bayern will let him know that they would still be interested, so he'll know whether that move would still be on.  However, I don't believe Bayern can have their doctors examine him without Chelsea's permission, nor would Bayern have access to his medical records without Chelsea's permission.  So they would be taking a risk without knowing the extent of the injury and the rehab.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Saw a rumour today that if Eden goes CHO wants the 10 shirt as part of any potential agreement to sign a new deal. 

I might be in a minority of one on him.  It's this kind of bollox that's stopping me from warming to him. I detect a bad, arrogant attitude, the kind of which put paid to Mceachran and Kakuta, both of whom had more potential than CHO.   When given playing time in the Premiership he's looked pretty average and at times even a bit out of his depth. Worse still, he doesn't look like he's busting a gut to try and show he really wants  it.  I hope makes a full recovery and does go on to be a great plaayer for us, but if his heart is not at Chelsea then he should leave. For me, he's not shown or done enough to care if he did leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't really warmed to him either and although I can see he has talent can often think he is not EPL standard yet I need to not judge too quickly though as I had thought RLC should be sold to Palace a season ago and this season he looks like one of our better players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Saw a rumour today that if Eden goes CHO wants the 10 shirt as part of any potential agreement to sign a new deal. 

I’d happily see him with 25 on his back if it means he signs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I haven't really warmed to him either and although I can see he has talent can often think he is not EPL standard yet I need to not judge too quickly though as I had thought RLC should be sold to Palace a season ago and this season he looks like one of our better players.

Yeah, it's taken Loftus years to finally starting breaking thru, partly down to bad luck with injuries but also us haviing better players than we have now. I saw some season stats the other day of Loftus, Barkley and Kovacic showing mins played, goals and assits. Loftus was well ahead of Barkley and miles ahead of the must send back Kovacic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 19:13, Dixons said:

I might be in a minority of one on him.  It's this kind of bollox that's stopping me from warming to him. I detect a bad, arrogant attitude, the kind of which put paid to Mceachran and Kakuta, both of whom had more potential than CHO.   When given playing time in the Premiership he's looked pretty average and at times even a bit out of his depth. Worse still, he doesn't look like he's busting a gut to try and show he really wants  it.  I hope makes a full recovery and does go on to be a great plaayer for us, but if his heart is not at Chelsea then he should leave. For me, he's not shown or done enough to care if he did leave. 

Nah. This ain't it, Chief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 15/05/2019 at 20:13, Dixons said:

I might be in a minority of one on him.  It's this kind of bollox that's stopping me from warming to him. I detect a bad, arrogant attitude, the kind of which put paid to Mceachran and Kakuta, both of whom had more potential than CHO.   When given playing time in the Premiership he's looked pretty average and at times even a bit out of his depth. Worse still, he doesn't look like he's busting a gut to try and show he really wants  it.  I hope makes a full recovery and does go on to be a great plaayer for us, but if his heart is not at Chelsea then he should leave. For me, he's not shown or done enough to care if he did leave. 

You have an incredible harsh view of this young man. Coveting the number 10 shirt shows me he very much wants to be a "grown up" player. He has worked hard to even get where he is now, and he probably knows very well from the settled squad players that he needs to continue to work hard. I don't see any arrogance in that, just faith in himself. And if indeed he leaves: however well paid a job he has, he is still an employer who wants to better himself, just like most of us.

Edited by Valerie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, coco said:

Munich are hot favs to land Sane, which might be good news if he goes and does well, maybe they won't come after Callum.

Apparently Munich are cooling their interest in Sane because of City's "insane" valuation of him. 

Unless that public declaration by Bayern president Uli Hoeness is just to try and get Sane to try and force the issue but City are apparently asking £90m for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently Munich are cooling their interest in Sane because of City's "insane" valuation of him. 

Unless that public declaration by Bayern president Uli Hoeness is just to try and get Sane to try and force the issue but City are apparently asking £90m for him. 

Bayern trying to sign a player for half their value and using sh*tty public pressure to force the issue? Surely not...

Proper c**t of a club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Bayern trying to sign a player for half their value and using sh*tty public pressure to force the issue? Surely not...

Not arguing with that but as well, considering their record transfer fee paid is something like £40m can you see them smashing that for Sane? 

More likely to asset strip some German club of their best player if history tells us anything. 

Edited by ForeverCarefree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 09:49, RIP Mourinho said:

Nah. This ain't it, Chief.

Kakuta did, Kakuta took the piss at youth level.

On 15/05/2019 at 15:37, Boston Blue said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Sane in our shirt......

I will probably get alot of slack for posting this but i feel Sane is overrated. Even Peps starting to get fed up of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

 

3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

I will probably get alot of slack for posting this but i feel Sane is overrated. Even Peps starting to get fed up of him.

There might be an attitude problem since he's had issues with Germany as well.  Bags of talent though...….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...