Clattenburg on Battle of Stamford Bridge

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

The Board should look to recover the fine we paid out to the FA due to this bellend being unable to reprimand the Spurs players and letting the game spill over after the final whistle.

The irony of us being fined for being unable to control our players when the reality was the FA's inability to appoint half competent officials in the PL.

It’s an absolute disgrace and we should absolutely be looking to recover our fine. I’m livid! If I rememeber correctly, we ended up getting a MUCH heftier fine than Spurs. Something needs to be done!

7 minutes ago, robdog said:

I have never forgot because that match took CFC's confidence & started a downward trend which got RDM sacked - Also I remember this banner being rolled out in the League Cup match after that fiasco

o-CLATTENBURG-570.jpg

basically manure fans paid their respect to cuttenburg <_<

Yeah I hear you my man.....that match was a rigged game.....he knew he was forced to change the game when it was clear if anyone were to win it was us......enter 2 reds and an offside goal.......and our form facked after that as you said.

was outrageous, sent off two players in the space of 5 mins when we had come back from 2 nil down and were looking obvious winners !! and torres second yellow was for diving when he was tripped !! bent ref, corrupt FA!! as has already been said they wanted fergie to win what they thought was going to be his last season. Cnuts!! damn i hate cheating 

Basically admits that he intentionally reffed a game in a manner that made it clear he was either bent on incompetent, yet the PGMOL didn't sanction him in anyway and instead rewarded him with a Cup Final.  The FA then fines our club and, again, no sanctions for the ref whose failure to perform lead to the circumstances.

I'd like to see the FA charge the PGMOL with bringing the game into disrepute and a public apology from the FA for charging our club when they clearly should have been dealing with the referee.

I know neither will likely happen, but I would love to see a legal team from the club press these issues in coordination with PR making a bold statement.

Edit: and if a full unequivocal apology doesn't come then that will speak volumes considering this time a ref came out and admitted he officiated with bias against our team in a significant manner that likely cost the match (and potentially the health of some of our players) considering teams in the past who merely complained about the officiating while playing us have gotten apologies (no admittance from the officials in these cases).

Edited by Barry Bridges

2 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

was outrageous, sent off two players in the space of 5 mins when we had come back from 2 nil down and were looking obvious winners !! and torres second yellow was for diving when he was tripped !! bent ref, corrupt FA!! as has already been said they wanted fergie to win what they thought was going to be his last season. Cnuts!! damn i hate cheating 

As we say in Farsi.....you just spoke flower ( means you hit the nail ).......

3 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

Basically admits that he intentionally reffed a game in a manner that made it clear he was either bent on incompetent, yet the PGMOL didn't sanction him in anyway and instead rewarded him with a Cup Final.  The FA then fines our club and, again, no sanctions for the ref whose failure to perform lead to the circumstances.

I'd like to see the FA charge the PGMOL with bringing the game into disrepute and a public apology from the FA for charging our club when they clearly should have been dealing with the referee.

I know neither will likely happen, but I would love to see a legal team from the club press these issues in coordination with PR making a bold statement.

Haha yeah all good stuff.......but no way in gods green earth will the fa or pgmol or that insect mike Riley pay for their corruptness. We really really should take this to higher level and demand action. So what if spurs nicked the game? WHat if several of our players god injured or worse got their career done for? Its all bullsh*t and fun and games for these scum......

54 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

He was tripped when he'd have been clean through. Kung-fu artist Jonny Evans should have been sent off, but the self-confessed cheat decided to send off Torres instead.

If Spurs had won the game would he be boasting about his "game plan" then, or would he be keeping schtum?

I don't believe he had a game plan, I think he had a very bad game, and he's just trying to make himself look good.

The fact that he makes himself look bad is a delicious irony.

Edit: What a thick f**king prick.

Edited by Davey Baby

The club have just released a statement ..

"In response to Mark Clattenburg's comments about our game with The Tottenham Bottlers, Chelsea Football Club would just like to state on the record that we always knew he was a bent c**t, and that we would like every penny of our fine for failing to control our players reimbursed. We also think Clattenburg should hand over his match fee to us, as he singularly failed to protect our players, so we had to do it for ourselves. Lastly, and in light of everything we know about the game, Tottenham are going to win f**k all again this year. Oh and John Terry has won the Double. Toodlepip."

I think that's rather a dignified and classy response.

I don't normally venture into the wilderness that is other club's forums, but I went to take a look at how Spurs fans are reacting to this. I know fans are always going to be heavily biased towards, and protective of, their own club and players, but this particular post is jaw dropping in its stupidity.

He should be a shamed of himself not brag he had a game plan and it worked.
What a c**t. By not taking control of the game allowed Chelsea to bully thier way back into the game. We lost control because the ref was not protecting us. Not because we are thugs. Talk about rewrite history .

Whatever about the atrocious spelling, the last line about rewriting history is hilarious when you re-read the rest of it.

16 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

The club have just released a statement ..

"In response to Mark Clattenburg's comments about our game with The Tottenham Bottlers, Chelsea Football Club would just like to state on the record that we always knew he was a bent c**t, and that we would like every penny of our fine for failing to control our players reimbursed. We also think Clattenburg should hand over his match fee to us, as he singularly failed to protect our players, so we had to do it for ourselves. Lastly, and in light of everything we know about the game, Tottenham are going to win f**k all again this year. Oh and John Terry has won the Double. Toodlepip."

I think that's rather a dignified and classy response.

fVx1E5e.gif

Edited by robdog

Interesting point from reddit

What's even more absurd is the fact that he openly admits he allowed the game to unfold in that way and Chelsea and Tottenham were charged with failure to control their players by the FA. The ref who is hired by the FA to control a game allowed the game to get out of hand but the players and clubs were charged? 

It's not shocking, i have always suspected that refs are heavily influenced by fans, the media and football pundits, i was even saying it on here a few days ago. What is shocking though is that he has come out and admitted it!

This has to be taken very seriously, for the credibility of football in this country. We have just had one of our former refs basically admitting to match fixing. Instead of doing his job and protecting professional footballers, he let Tottenham get away with thugish tackles all for a good show. The F.A should be doing something about this, but i suspect they will do nothing. The F.A are probably of the same mindset as these refs, we have all seen how the F.A pick and choose when to get involved with things. 

With Mark Halsey's comments last year and now this, things need to be sorted out. The rules of the game are being twisted to "make the Premier more interesting". Well it doesn't make it more interesting for me, especially when i see Chelsea on the end of these decisions by the refs.

Since Abramovich arrived, we have been viewed as the enemy of football by the media, certain fans and football pundits. We get no protection from anybody, we can only look out for ourselves. Nobody is afraid of upsetting Chelsea or the fans because nothing will come of it. This is why refs are not afraid to give decisions against us, to them it is just theater.

Nobody can complain anymore when Chelsea fans kick off and complain about refs, not after this. The refs are bending and twisting the rules, just like many suspected, me included. 

f**k theater, follow the goddamn rules.

Had he officiated that game properly we would be playing against 7/8 men and very likely would have won. Winning that game instead of drawing would have meant we finish a place higher in the league and earn more money for finishing higher? Not only that we were also fined for 'failing to control our players'? Surely there should be some legal action taken here against either Clattenburg or the FA/Ref's association? 

The only thing that surprises me about this, is that it is Clattenburg himself who has actually admitted this. 

It's mind boggling. 

He has tried to sell his role that night as some sort of 'wise owl' who knew best, and made really shrewd decisions the night that the average referee wouldn't have dared do (all for the greater good of course). What a hero, right?!

The reality, is that he has admitted in no uncertain terms, that he made decisions determined & driven entirely by his anticipation of how he would be portrayed as a result, not based on what was correct within the laws of the game. Not once, not twice, but three times- at least. 

Referees are literally paid to do the complete opposite of what he did that night. 

It's an insane admission of guilt that makes him out to be an unprofessional cowardly idiot at best, and a symbol of modern day corruption in football at worst. 

I think it's the former, but why on earth he has decided to smugly pipe up about this, as if that night is one of his 'greatest hits' is beyond me. 

He should be remembered as nothing more than a disgrace to refereeing, and one who was stupid enough to later boast about knowingly making wrong decisions to ensure he didn't get a backlash as a result. 

Mark Clattenberg: Referee, Coward, Twat. 

Edited by mclovin83

This hardly comes as a major surprise. At the time something felt wrong. As Chelsea fans we all know what a vile racist cheating club Tottenham are. 0-2 up and they f**ked it up,as soon as Gary Cahill scored they total went to pieces and restored too type. Yes Clatenburg should have handled it better and sent off two or three of the cheating Spud c*nts,but I sort of understand him, Spuds are such a bunch of Whinging, Cheating Racsit C*nts it would never have been their fault. Have thought for ages they are the Dippers of the South, going on about history in their case What History?. In the end the scum finished Eleven points of Leicester, hardly a title challenge. 

Agree with the comments on here we should get our fine reimbursed with interest and a bonus for preventing a small bitter Racsit Cheating Whinging club becoming Champions. As in 2014 at the Dipperdome “Chelsea saved Football”

Edited by ChelseaChelsea68

On 04/12/2017 at 13:35, Slojo said:

Yes but he also listed his reasons for why he did it, he didn't want the media scrutiny of losing Spurs the title, a lot of referees will no doubt feel the same way.

Why do you think so many referees were frightened to death of Sir Alex Ferguson? You would be on the front page in no time if you made a bad decision against United. 

Chris Foy actually got demoted to League 1 refereeing when Ferguson ranted about him in the 3-2 loss against Tottenham in 2012. How many bad decisions did Chris Foy give us? Yet he was consistently refereeing our games. 

Ok... I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with anything I said in my post (basically my point was that it would be good for referees to have technological help with difficult to call decisions, but it might not help in situations like this where the referee appears to be making bad decisions on purpose). Also, you appear to be sympathising with Clattenburg and blaming the media/scary Scottish football managers instead?