Everton Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 23rd Dec 2017 KO 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Does anyone really care about the league cup? Hopefully we rest the first team and focus on this Everton match.

Allardyce has got Everton looking solid. So another recently appointed manager to an underperforming team which could really mean another loss (see Palace, and West Ham) :face_palm:

7 hours ago, Theafonis said:

Does anyone really care about the league cup? Hopefully we rest the first team and focus on this Everton match.

Allardyce has got Everton looking solid. So another recently appointed manager to an underperforming team which could really mean another loss (see Palace, and West Ham) :face_palm:

he also seems to get decent results against us in the past. 

A tricky game Everton have picked up form and Sam will park the bus. Since his appointment they have won 4 and drawn 1 game in the league and have only let in 2 goals, and have scored 11.

we need to be on form to get a win.

courtois

azbi christensen rudiger

moses Kante bakayoko Alonso 

willian morata hazard 

subs Willy, Cahill , drinkwater, Fabregas, Pedro, Batman, zappacosta 

I reckon conte wanted to play 3-5-2 for this one but now morata is suspended thanks to celebrating his wife's pregnancy we will play the false 9 again.

Tibo

Azpi

Christensen 

Cahill

Moses

Kante 

Baka

Alonso 

Willian

Hazard 

Pedro

Team picks itself and am sticking with my draw prediction.

Everton in the last games don't look bad, better than their beginning of the season that's for sure. Tough opponent, but we still the better team and have to take the points to continue our running.

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

--------------- Courtois ------------

- Azpilicueta - Christensen - Cahill - 

Moses - Kante - Bakayoko - Marcos Alonso

- Pedro --- Hazard --- Willian 

Unfortunately, we're missing Morata for this game, Batshuayi hasn't shown anything special to make Conte start with him, creative and quick in front trio should do the work. 

Let's hope the boys will do the job! COME ON CHELS!!!

The trouble with playing  3 5 2 or indeed 3 4 3 is that we aren't scoring enough goals particularly from the midfield. All the central midfielders between theme have scored just 4 goals between them and only 5 assists. Only Bakayoko has 2 goals Fab is one and Kante 1. Neither Kante nor Danny have an assist and Fab only has 3 assists.

This puts too much of a load on Morata and Hazard.  Whereas you can argue that Kante and even Bakayoko have other strengths Fab is really in the team to provide assists and hopefully score goals. At the moment Azpilcueta who's crosses from the right centre of midfield are well suited to Morata's heading skills, has 5 assists and 1 goal. 

My main point is that we need to carry more of an offensive threat through the centre of the field if we are going to get the most out of the team. So I like watching Fab but I think we need a new Lampard. On this table Bakayokos 2 goals and 2 assists looks quite good.

I'd like us to try maybe Baka, Danny & Kante in the midfield if we are going with 2 up front. Danny hasn't any goals or assists but his overall work rate is high. But better still would either be an upgrade on Pedro/Willian or another Lampard style goal scoring central midfielder.

Last season we did better when Fab came on as a fresh substitute late in games. This season he's played a lot and I reckon its showing.

Premier league  Goals

Morata    9

Hazard    5

Alonso    4

Pedro    3

Batshuayi    2

Bakayoko    2

Willian    2

Fabregas    1

Kante    1

Others    3

Not worried at all about Everton. Pedro, Hazard and Willian with hopefully Fab supplying the goods and linking up should be too much for Everton's back line who at best are average. Swansea were well in that game Monday night before the equaliser right on halftime. I think at the minute Chelsea are matchup nightmare for Everton. Early goal to the Chels and this could be an open buffet in Liverpool. Also please could we stop playing bambi on ice(Bakayoko) Danny drink is a far better option 

I'd go with    Tibo 

Vicky, Azpi, Andreas, GC, Marcos

N'Golo     Fab

Willian                              Pedro

Eddie

Everton 0-3 Chelsea 

Hazard, Willan and Pedro. 

This will be an interesting game.  I think we know Everton will park it 100%.  I think it's not going to be a tough game since we rested Ngolo, Azpi, Alonso, Baka, [partially Hazard, Willian, Pedro].  I think we are going to have an easy game of attacking a team who simply wont want this game.  I see a 3-0 Chelsea win