Welcome Ross Barkley

dkw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Barkley is a great player to have, perfect as a MF sub to come on for the likes of Kovacic or Kante and also to start lesser games like these. He's actually really good in that sense. Much better than stinkwater and Bakayoko. We need to get rid of them both

34 minutes ago, JJP said:

Barkley is a great player to have, perfect as a MF sub to come on for the likes of Kovacic or Kante and also to start lesser games like these. He's actually really good in that sense. Much better than stinkwater and Bakayoko. We need to get rid of them both

Why do some people constantly feel the need to be pathetic and insulting towards our own players :face_palm:

As in most cases in life to me style is more important than substance. :)

To some people certain things are taboo: shagging your wife's sister, slagging off Chelsea players, voting Tory... And to some -  it just isn't... And may be something else is. Moral indignation is pointless and boring.

But here's the "style" bit. "Stinkwater"? Really? What are you, 12? I mean, you gonna insult Chelsea players - can you please not be so lame and unfunny about it.

Thought I'd chime in...  :))

45 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Yeah, what has DD done to deserve that insult?  Whenever he gets a chance to play, he puts in a good shift.  Nothing spectacular, but he is always hustling out there.

Yes I want to go on the record & say I like both DD & Barkley - IMHO they are both very professional & handle themselves in a very professional manner - I am happy that they are Chelsea Players

Danny-Drinkwater-Ross-Barkley-689681.jpg

2 hours ago, Ilya said:

To some people certain things are taboo: shagging your wife's sister, slagging off Chelsea players, voting Tory... And to some -  it just isn't... And may be something else is. Moral indignation is pointless and boring.

But here's the "style" bit. "Stinkwater"? Really? What are you, 12? I mean, you gonna insult Chelsea players - can you please not be so lame and unfunny about it.

Lame and unfunny seems to be his M.O.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

How is that Drinkwater's fault?

His performances have averaged out to about a solid 4/10. He could at least try live up to the price, but nope. Just another wasted 35m to go along with Baka's 40m who people love to slag off on here

4 hours ago, Ilya said:

Nobody asked you to chime in so, hows about f**king off? After the amount of stick bakayoko and Morata got over the past year, you're gonna come at me for having a pop at DD? Show yourself out plebeian

5 hours ago, Ilya said:

Please feel free to chime in wherever you feel appropriate, @Ilya.  When I saw he had been slagging off DD, I very nearly had a heart attack, imagining that Didier had been insulted. That would have called for one of my worst spells!

6 minutes ago, moi said:

Please feel free to chime in wherever you feel appropriate, @Ilya.  When I saw he had been slagging off DD, I very nearly had a heart attack, imagining that Didier had been insulted. That would have called for one of my worst spells!

I hope my image helped you ID the other Chelsea DD :Troll_Face:

Edited by robdog

2 hours ago, JJP said:

His performances have averaged out to about a solid 4/10. He could at least try live up to the price, but nope. Just another wasted 35m to go along with Baka's 40m who people love to slag off on here

So this is where the childish name calling comes from, because he hasn't lived up to his price tag? It's a bit pathetic in all honesty.

Dont think there is a doubt drinkwater is on his way out. Not getting a look in, never gets a constant run under conte nor sarri and not in the EL squad.

Unlike baka and morata who got/get chance after chance to show not only are they inept football players they have terrible work ethic as well, the latter of which you cannot throw at Danny.

However on the plus side given this is his thread Ross seems to be progressing well under Sarri.

10 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

So this is where the childish name calling comes from, because he hasn't lived up to his price tag? It's a bit pathetic in all honesty.

Nothing wrong with name calling when someone's rubbish, I mean I'm sure j(izz)j(erk)d(ickhead) won't mind me calling him that after his succession of embarrassingly sh*te posts. 

Edited by dkw

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Dont think there is a doubt drinkwater is on his way out. Not getting a look in, never gets a constant run under conte nor sarri and not in the EL squad.

Unlike baka and morata who got/get chance after chance to show not only are they inept football players they have terrible work ethic as well, the latter of which you cannot throw at Danny.

However on the plus side given this is his thread Ross seems to be progressing well under Sarri.

I feel sorry for drinkwater as he's a decent player who deserves a chance, but he's at best 6th choice now so needs to leave. 

Ross is doing very well, looks incredibly fit and has a great work ethic, he looks the kind of player Sarri loves. He's also the only midfielder of his ilk we have who can carry the ball powerfully at a defence, so he will always have a place in the match squad. Great to see him grabbing his chance. 

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Nothing wrong with name calling when someone's rubbish, I mean I'm sure j(izz)j(erk)d(ickhead) won't mind me calling him that after his succession of embarrassingly sh*te posts. 

Wonder who that is? Cause thats clearly not my name.

and sh*te posts really??? After the constant drivel that you seem to spout out day after day? Its people like you that give this club a bad name, filthy plastic.

42 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Good game by him, hope he starts again tomorrow if fit and gives Kovacic time to rest up before Liverpool.

I'd prefer it the other way round, I'd like to see Barkley play against Liverpool in the Cup game. 

3 hours ago, dkw said:

I'd prefer it the other way round, I'd like to see Barkley play against Liverpool in the Cup game. 

I was thinking more because of Kovacic's defensive work rate could help stop Salah/Firmino. Ross could probably do more damage on the attack though. In fairness i'm happy whoever Sarri chooses.

36 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I was thinking more because of Kovacic's defensive work rate could help stop Salah/Firmino. Ross could probably do more damage on the attack though. In fairness i'm happy whoever Sarri chooses.

That's true, I would prefer kovacic in the league game for that exact reason.