Welcome Ross Barkley

dkw

20 hours ago, JJP said:

Coming from the buffoon with Pickle Rick as his display picture? Please find the nearest cliff  

What have you got against Pickle Rick? So that's Danny Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Pickle Rick, and (apparently) women in general that you have problems with.

I normally block people like you very quickly but I'm finding your posts entertainingly ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Good game by him, hope he starts again tomorrow if fit and gives Kovacic time to rest up before Liverpool.

5 hours ago, dkw said:

I'd prefer it the other way round, I'd like to see Barkley play against Liverpool in the Cup game. 

I like to see Barkley vs Wet Spam because I think that match will be more physical & this will suit Barkley a bit more - The L'pool matches will be about finesse & this will suit Kovacic a bit more

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

We need him starting games against sides hard to break down. He offers a cutting edge that kante, jorginho and kova do not.

I prefer Barkley over Kovacic at the moment. Kovacic has some decent moments on the ball but he goes missing from the game a lot, sometimes it seems like he isn't even playing. I think Barkley has had the better start to the season and should be back in the first 11. I know none of them have scored yet, but I still rate Barkley as more of a threat in that area. That shot Barkley took today isn't something any of our other midfielders have in their game. It's also nice to have somebody in the team who will take a shot like that now and again. Today was an example of too many players trying the same things. If you can't play your way through, it's better to take a long range shot now and again. At the very least it keeps the opposition guessing.

10 hours ago, just said:

I think he is been good every time he has played this season. Neat and tidy with his passing, always showing for the ball, and capable of a bit of invention in tight spaces. IMO he could consider himself pretty unlucky not to be starting based on performance.

I'm impressed so far, wondered if the injuries would finish his career at top level yet pleased to see he is showing signs of being a good signing for us.

8 hours ago, Blueblur said:

I've been very impressed with him. And I like that he likes to shoot, something we have been missing since Lampard left.

He is clearly fit and strong again, I want to see him start more. 

Couldn't agree more. I feel Sarri thinks differently though and that he might be restricted to Europa League/Carabao cup/Substitute appearances. Hope I'm wrong!

He gives the ball away in very dangerous areas, especially when he gets put under a bit of pressure.

We conceded goals against city and arsenal, because of loose square passes from Barkley, and last night their goal came from Barkley initially playing an awful pass again.

He got away with the one before half time, and with the header in the second half.

He got himself into decent positions in the opening 20 minutes, but there is no real end product from him. 

Barkley may offer more than Kovacic going forward, (although I think that's highly debatable), but Kovacic is by far the better player. 

Barkley could be a decent option off the bench, but I don't see him being anymore than a squad player at a club with aspirations of at least finishing top 4.

15 hours ago, big blue said:

He gives the ball away in very dangerous areas, especially when he gets put under a bit of pressure.

We conceded goals against city and arsenal, because of loose square passes from Barkley, and last night their goal came from Barkley initially playing an awful pass again.

He got away with the one before half time, and with the header in the second half.

He got himself into decent positions in the opening 20 minutes, but there is no real end product from him. 

Barkley may offer more than Kovacic going forward, (although I think that's highly debatable), but Kovacic is by far the better player. 

Barkley could be a decent option off the bench, but I don't see him being anymore than a squad player at a club with aspirations of at least finishing top 4.

I was pretty disappointed the other night, was hoping to see a different side to him being against Liverpool, but he drifted off a lot and nearly cost a goal before half time! He definitely a good option for the bench..........

Get rid of this donkey. It was his fault for losing the ball yet again. Each f**king week I go in the comments and read Barkley played good it's 50/50 between him and Kovacic and I start to wonder if people even watch him. Another over hyped English merchant who shouldn't aspire to anything more than being a backup player.

5 minutes ago, MWW said:

Get rid of this donkey. It was his fault for losing the ball yet again. Each f**king week I go in the comments and read Barkley played good it's 50/50 between him and Kovacic and I start to wonder if people even watch him. Another over hyped English merchant who shouldn't aspire to anything more than being a backup player.

Dude - he had a tough game against a very good opponent.  Kovacic is miles ahead but Barkley has been decent in a few games for us. Even before Barkley came in, Liverpool had opportunities. We as a team were squandering possession to Liverpool, Not just Barkley. If Barkley does not continue to improve for an entire year then i am with you, but for now - i will be patient.

I'll post exactly what I did in the match thread.

I think it's right that Barkley get's criticism for his mistake that led to the goal, but we can't pretend it was only him that struggled today with that. Every single one of those midfielders gave the ball away in stupid areas at least once today, the difference was that Barkley's mistake happened to land at the feet of someone who has scored plenty of ridiculous goals like that in his career.

I see it as more of team problem than an individual one. We need to be quicker on our feet in tight situations. Pass and move has to be spot on against Liverpool's press and it wasn't today.

Did the pass lead to the goal? Looking at this https://streamja.com/dkan it's hardly a misplaced pass, then Sturridge gets the ball and scores. There was still build up in which Sturridge maybe could have been stopped from shooting, but it was just an incredible strike. Think it's a massive reach to blame him for that goal lol. I mean if he gets criticised for this goal today, he should at least be praised for the header that led to the goal at Anfield ha. Which contributed more to our goal than anything he did today for the studge goal. Very harsh to blame him today imo. 

Edited by enigma

On 27/09/2018 at 22:18, big blue said:

Spot on - I'm fed up with some of his nonsensical passes leading to significant problems for us as you describe.  I'd throw Christensen into the 'probelmatic bin' too who has been wobbly ever since the Barca' match last season when he stuffed us.  Wrong thread though.

Lots of calls for these young and not so young players to start but I can see why managers tend to stick with the obvious first elevens for most matches.

17 hours ago, the special one said:

Doesn't seem to be maturing as a player and is repeating the same comical mistakes, shame because up until Liverpool in the cup he was starting to win me over. I'd take Aaron Ramsey or Mason Mount any day of the week.

I know its a division below but I must admit Mason Mount surely would do no worse than Barkley at the moment and he would learn a hell of a lot more from working with Hazard, Giroud, Jorginho etc than Nugent and Keogh, I'm sure of that.