Welcome Ross Barkley

He isn't a regular starter, is oft injured, comes on as a substitute and demands to take the penalty ahead of proven PL players and proven pen takers.  The real person to blame is azpi.  He needs to step in and remove ross and put someone else up there who has earned the right to take penalties in the CL.  Ross has done nothing to earn it I don't care how many training ground pens he makes. 

20 minutes ago, evissy said:

So we are bashing Ross after he missed penalty.. Okay.

Pretty sure he is actually our pen taker, but maybe Willian forgot. Jorginho gave him a shake and said good luck. Think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. 

I also think jorginho should be our pen taker, but I don't think Barkley is the type of person to demand to take a pen that isn't his. 

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I knew he would miss. Not because he is not a good pen taker, but because he was being undermined by Willian, Jorginho, Tammy and whoever else was nattering in his ear while he waited to take it.

How about supporting your team mate and putting your team first lads? Or is the Kepa example what we follow now?

How on earth was he being undermined?

Barkley has been utter, utter w**k in any competitive game this year for us.

He had a good pre season and reverted to type, which is a decent player but nowhere near the standard required for a club with ambitions for top 4.

Lamp and Azp have to shoulder as much blame as Barkley for missing that penalty though, every man and his dog knows that Jorginho is the best penalty taker in the club but the manager and captain allowed Barkley to boss the situation. Barkley deserves all the criticism he is getting but as a panto villian, Willian done his best last night to upset Barkley, Jorginho had the good grace to get out of his way but Willian was hovering over the ball like a vulture. 

Lampard said last night that Barkley is the penalty taker and that he’d already taken a few pre-season/super cup that showed he’s good at it (I remember at the time bricking it but then being impressed with his finishes). Jorginho and Willian were the penalty takers until Barkley stepped on the pitch. 

It’s one missed penalty. Frank himself missed a few important ones (I remember he had a bad little spell for us & England). Is it really enough to throw a player under the bus? Look how Tammy responded to his miss. 

Slightly baffling really:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-barkley/elfmetertore/spieler/131978

Hard to read anything into what Frank said considering he couldn't really say anything else. (Imagine "I have made it perfectly clear that Jorginho is our main penalty taker and the little Scouse sh*te won't be playing for the foreseeable future, injury crisis or no injury crisis"). I'm guessing Willian didn't help matters...

I'm reminded of when Drogba and Ballack bickered over that penalty vs Man Utd however many years ago. It didn't reflect well on Avram then and it doesn't reflect particularly well on Frank now. At least there was never any doubt that Ballack was always going to hammer it in!

I find him to be a frustrating player if I'm being honest, I've never really been sold on him. But he does show glimpses of promise and offers something different, I can't fault him for wanting to prove a point, I'm not sure if the took the penalty off anyone, looks like Lampard is saying otherwise. 

Not sure if he was the penalty taker or not, but it didn't look right in the build up to it. Surely it is a black and white thing for who takes them? 

Anyway poor penalty, but im not going to hold that against him.

Im not a fan of barkley at all, never have been, i would be suprised if he is still here beyond this season, he just hasnt done enough in chelsea shirt to convince me he is worth keeping around. I cant remember the last time barkley put in a perfomance that had me excited about his future with us. 

5 minutes ago, big blue said:

Not sure if he was the penalty taker or not, but it didn't look right in the build up to it. Surely it is a black and white thing for who takes them? 

Anyway poor penalty, but im not going to hold that against him.

Im not a fan of barkley at all, never have been, i would be suprised if he is still here beyond this season, he just hasnt done enough in chelsea shirt to convince me he is worth keeping around. I cant remember the last time barkley put in a perfomance that had me excited about his future with us. 

He looked quite good when he came on against Wolves and was steady last season. I agree he may not be good enough in the long term though. He shows promise but as you say he hasn't excited me in any game. Kovacic also hasn't excited me so its an area we can improve upon. Rubens is the future probably.

If people are actually believing that Ross Barkley who hardly plays for us in the teams designated penalty taker with our players reacting as they did then I’ve got some magic beans to sell you...

Frank is obviously protecting the player and rightfully so but I have no doubts what he’ll be saying behind closed doors will be very different.

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I knew he would miss. Not because he is not a good pen taker, but because he was being undermined by Willian, Jorginho, Tammy and whoever else was nattering in his ear while he waited to take it.

How about supporting your team mate and putting your team first lads? Or is the Kepa example what we follow now?

You have posted some twaddle in the past, but that bit really does top the lot as one of the most stupid things I have seen posted by you or anyone else (and I was here when that bloke from Sydney used to post his words of wisdom and Loz still had hair)

37 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If people are actually believing that Ross Barkley who hardly plays for us in the teams designated penalty taker with our players reacting as they did then I’ve got some magic beans to sell you...

Frank is obviously protecting the player and rightfully so but I have no doubts what he’ll be saying behind closed doors will be very different.

I guess you missed Barkley's free kicks during pre-season and so on...He's obviously good at set pieces and he's not the first player that finds free kicks easier than penalties.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Milner doesn't start every game for Liverpool yet takes it whenever he's on.

Lampard didn't start most of 12-14 yet when he was on he took the penalities.

I don't agree Barkley should be taking them (Jorginho should be untouchable first choice in that regard with Eden gone) but regular starter and first choice spot kick taker don't have to and sometimes don't go hand in hand.