Welcome Ross Barkley

Fraud of a player. Our youth have come through and after barely any games they are all out performing him. Ross seems to be nothing short of a flat track bully and only playing well against awful opposition. 

Think we need to sell him ASAP. Really no idea why he's starting over Kovacic atm, when Kovacic has shown hes a much better player this season at every opportunity.

Don’t see it being that big an issue. Lampard has had a few drink mishaps himself as will many a young man and it wasn’t falling out of a club at 3 in the morning.

He was is scouseland where one side of town hate him for being an Evertonian and the other side not that happy about him leaving so he’s always going to get over the top bad press.

Photos  don’t look too bad to be honest. 

Think it has maybe come at a bad for him as he is struggling with a form and I’m sure SFL will have a bit of a chat and that will be the end of it.

Dont know why, but he plays better for England than he does for us. As with Oscar, he's very frustrating because has the talent to be a good player, but  we end up waiting  and waiting for him to kick on and become that player but never does. Time is running out for him. Needs to really start performing or move on next summer.

I feel a bit bad for Ross tbh, he took a risk coming here to prove something and he's coming up short, and it doesn't look like it's a lack of hard work, because he does try hard when he plays, I feel like having so much press for being a great prospect so young, it was always going to be hard for him to live up to it. I think he has this season to show something or he's gone next summer. Somewhere like Palace or Leicester might be a good move for him

As for the drink and chips incident, I'm sure there's less to that than the media make out. He was out having a few drinks. Had an argument. Most people have been there. I'm sure all the c**ts on the street were giving him a hard time as soon as they noticed who he was. 

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

I feel a bit bad for Ross tbh, he took a risk coming here to prove something and he's coming up short, and it doesn't look like it's a lack of hard work, because he does try hard when he plays, I feel like having so much press for being a great prospect so young, it was always going to be hard for him to live up to it. I think he has this season to show something or he's gone next summer. Somewhere like Palace or Leicester might be a good move for him

That's a nice post about Ross.

I also think he tries hard yet doubt he will cut it at the top level.

I think he could stay a as squad member yet not as a regular starter unless his form improves significantly this season.

3 hours ago, RMCM said:

As for the drink and chips incident, I'm sure there's less to that than the media make out. He was out having a few drinks. Had an argument. Most people have been there. I'm sure all the c**ts on the street were giving him a hard time as soon as they noticed who he was. 

I can't speak for Palace but he would not make the Leicester team this season. I can't see them being interested.

We look fluid when Mount plays centre attacking midfield, we have Kovacic/Loftus-Cheek for left centre mid, and i'm sorry to say but I think Barkley looks out of place at right centre midfield.

If Frank is to succeed we can't integrate the yoof and carry passengers at the same time.

Sell next summer - replace with Pasalic or Lewis Cook.

15 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

How long do you think RLC will be back for though....... 2 weeks, a month, 2 months?

Probably need another MF, though for me it will depend on Kante's injury recovery or an injury to one of the others.

Even if RLC is injured, would much rather play Kovacic over him in a midfield 3

28 minutes ago, the special one said:

We look fluid when Mount plays centre attacking midfield, we have Kovacic/Loftus-Cheek for left centre mid, and i'm sorry to say but I think Barkley looks out of place at right centre midfield.

If Frank is to succeed we can't integrate the yoof and carry passengers at the same time.

Sell next summer - replace with Pasalic or Lewis Cook.

Sell Pasalic as well, won't have space for him with the new loan rules

14 hours ago, Dixons said:

Dont know why, but he plays better for England than he does for us. As with Oscar, he's very frustrating because has the talent to be a good player, but  we end up waiting  and waiting for him to kick on and become that player but never does. Time is running out for him. Needs to really start performing or move on next summer.

Oscar is quite a good comparison, we kept waiting on him to become the player he was meant to be and it just didn't happen, if anything he appeared to be getting worse. I remember in his first season he was standing out over Hazard and Mata, scoring ridiculous goals against Juventus, then after that he just stagnated. 

Although with Barkley we've not really seen any greatness from him just yet, but he did come here with entirely different expectations and pricetag. I'll trust Lampards judgement, if Lampard thinks there is a player in there, I'll lay off the criticism as best as I can, I might have been too quick to write him off but when you see all these other youth players who are putting in much better performances, it's so hard not to. 

51 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Oscar is quite a good comparison, we kept waiting on him to become the player he was meant to be and it just didn't happen, if anything he appeared to be getting worse. I remember in his first season he was standing out over Hazard and Mata, scoring ridiculous goals against Juventus, then after that he just stagnated. 

Although with Barkley we've not really seen any greatness from him just yet, but he did come here with entirely different expectations and pricetag. I'll trust Lampards judgement, if Lampard thinks there is a player in there, I'll lay off the criticism as best as I can, I might have been too quick to write him off but when you see all these other youth players who are putting in much better performances, it's so hard not to. 

Oscar's work rate and closing down was far superior to Barkley's and his goal scoring was better scoring more than 10 goals a season for his first two seasons.

Re England and Barkley looking better I think it is because as England play so many teams of lower quality they have more time on the ball, it is when Barkley has time on the ball he looks a bit better.

16 hours ago, Dixons said:

he looks good for England because the standard in international football is so sh*te, and the pace so much slower, where a large framed not so nibble  player like Barkley  looks good.

29 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Oscar's work rate and closing down was far superior to Barkley's and his goal scoring was better scoring more than 10 goals a season for his first two seasons.

Re England and Barkley looking better I think it is because as England play so many teams of lower quality they have more time on the ball, it is when Barkley has time on the ball he looks a bit better.

Yeah I know, but I agreedw ith DIxon's point regarding how we are waiting for him to get better but it doesn't seem to be happening, it's not really something we can afford to do. 

I remember how frustrating it was waiting for Oscar to improve but he seemed to just be getting worse and worse, what made it worse also is that Mourinho got rid of two players at his expense, Mata & KDB, both who were better than him. 

Obviously it's nowhere near as severe as the Barkley situation, but hopefully you get my point. 

With Oscar I think it was a case of his performances dropped after Christmas, at the time I remember thinking that Oscar was the sort of player who would do really well in a league which has a winter break. He was somewhat similar to Coutinho however Coutinho was someone who finished a season strongly whereas usually had a slow start.

Both players would probably do well as squad players but are far too inconsistent to maintain respectable levels across a full season, with Barkley I dont think that is the case I just dont think Barkley is good enough. He can still do a good enough job against majority of the teams in the Premier League but the reason his performances drop greatly against better opposition is because he just doesnt have the speed of thought, Oscar and Coutinho are levels above him.

12 hours ago, evissy said:

Come on people. Give the guy some slack. He is not our main player but we need him in the squad.

He's not someone that I would sell at all. Unless we want some new player at that position we shouldn't sell him, I don't really understand why so many suddenly want him gone. His peak is in 2 years.

Think he's a squad player and nothing more, but he keeps getting selected and he's playing for England.  I think he takes too many touches, but he is at least willing to have a go.  If we had someone with Kova's skill and Barkley's willingness to take a shot... hmmm

Also, another thin that perplexes me, he's 25 and been about for a while, but the commentators keep talking about how Lampard will develop him into a better midfielder, and I'm not sure that opportunity hasn't passed a while ago